kscowboy 20-Dec-19
Trial153 20-Dec-19
Nick Muche 20-Dec-19
bigeasygator 20-Dec-19
Heat 20-Dec-19
bowonly 20-Dec-19
SDHNTR(home) 20-Dec-19
19-Dec-19
Looking to get some opinions on good goat outfits in AK, BC, or elsewhere.

Main concerns are (1) hunting this year during any month but August or September; (2) serious country; (3) hard hunting guides.

Very much appreciate your thoughts!

19-Dec-19
Bolen & Lewis.

19-Dec-19
Backcountry BC and Beyond

19-Dec-19
Beaverfoot outfitters golden bc. Troy Wolfenden

19-Dec-19
How much do you want to spend? Are you willing to take any P&Y Billy or do you want a B&C Billy? Are you bowhunting, rifle hunting, or bowhunting with a rifle backup?

19-Dec-19
Second Bolen & Lewis! Spike's the man.

19-Dec-19
The reason I ask, is because Cole Kramer on Kodiak went 17 for 17 this past year with archery hunters for goats on Kodiak in the archery area around town. Kodiak is generally a cheaper hunt than some of the remote Canadian hunts, but you're probably not going to find a 10 year old goat like you can on some of the really remote Canadian hunts. And if you have an archery tag, there's no rifle backup.

Nonetheless, generally someone who doesn't look at a lot of goats, one would have a hard time telling the difference between a 3 and 5 year old goat through glass because they do so much of their growing in the first 2 years of life. Unlike a white tail where anyone would be like, wow, that's a way bigger deer (at 5).

20-Dec-19
Also Lonesome Dove in AK.

20-Dec-19
I booked a hunt in BC, and I planing on booking one on kodiak as well. BC is more in line with what I think about when I think bowhuntinh mounatin goats. That said if figure why not experience both.

20-Dec-19
I'll second beaverfoot

20-Dec-19
Great replies.

I'm looking for bow hunt. And as far as the size of the goat, it doesn't matter as much as the nature of the hunt -- big country is more important.

20-Dec-19
Also, I'd love a high country hunt, but what months will that be? Do they start moving down into the lower country by late october?

20-Dec-19
Can’t go wrong with Cole Kramer or Dustin Roe. Both great guys to boot.

20-Dec-19
I booked with beaverfoot as well

20-Dec-19
The biggest goats in AK are coming from the SE. I'd be looking at Ed Toribio, Sam Fejes and also Dan Montgomery's hunt. Great country in all of those as well.

20-Dec-19
Not sure what you’re thinking of when you mention high country, but the elevation in most of the places mentioned is actually relatively low (3-5k feet I’d say). Goats will move lower with the snow, but also move back up into windswept areas too that are closer to their summer range. If you’re looking to hunt them at the highest part of their range I’d target August-September. With that said, the terrain they use is all rugged and I think all of those areas can provide you with a big, backcountry experience.

20-Dec-19
Seen a few good reports on here about Babine Outfitters but no personal experience.

20-Dec-19
I bow hunted with Babine Guide Outfitters in BC in 2015. They have excellent success with bow hunters. They take some big goats. My goat was 11.5 years old. Their inland hunt has somewhat less rainy weather than on the coastal hunts and does not depend on a bush flight to get in. Goat hunting will often include weather issues, but the weather on those coastal BC hunts has broken the heart of many a goat hunter.

20-Dec-19
Lonesome Dove Outfitters, Cordova AK

• Sitka Gear