>>>---WW----> 21-Dec-19
Charlie Rehor 21-Dec-19
Bob H in NH 21-Dec-19
pirogue 21-Dec-19
midwest 22-Dec-19
Franklin 22-Dec-19
WapitiBob 22-Dec-19
20-Dec-19
Anyone out there using a torqueless/catfish/P- loop instead of the regular D-loop. If so are you seeing any positive effect on your accuracy.

20-Dec-19
Zero benefit, proven every day. Tie the loop knots for rh or lh shooter and you can twist it till the cows come home.

20-Dec-19
Please expand wapitibob. I shoot LH and have no idea if my knots are correct.

20-Dec-19
I tried it this Spring-went back to a D loop. Saw zero accuracy benefits.

20-Dec-19
I wondered about the size of the loop in a hunting situation, looked kind of small. I saw some that were tied in place and some that rotated freely around the string. I could imagine chasing that thing around with a release with a big buck coming in...lol

I am currently using a slightly longer more flexible material for my loops and it seems to work. I was just curious about those who have tried them.

20-Dec-19
Burned end exits the rh side for a rh shooter, on the top knot. Reverse for a lefty.

The easiest way to test is to just tie a regular loop under the arrow and tie a nock set above. You’ll have to adjust the peep obviously but this way you get the loop size you want and it doesn’t spin like a torquless one tends to do.

20-Dec-19
Wapitibob: Do you make the knots opposite top to bottom? or do you put BOTH burned ends on the right for right handed shooter?

20-Dec-19
I've seen these before, but I defiantly don't want one for hunting. As mentioned above, in the heat of the moment, the last thing I need is a small loop to hook my release on.

On a side note, once you know the length of cord for your D-loop that you like, record it. Then make several for supply. I use two nock sets (above and below) that makes changing D-loops easy.

I have no idea if it matters for LH vs RH shooters. I simply tie the knots opposing each other.

20-Dec-19
Opposite

21-Dec-19
I never saw any advantage in accuracy between a D loop and a Catfish loop.

However, once you tie on a Catfish loop, it is there for the life of your bowstring. And you never have to worry about the knot coming untied and busting yourself in the mouth !

21-Dec-19

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Is this the Right hand version?

21-Dec-19
Yes

21-Dec-19
Charlie, that loop must belong to someone with a very long draw length, or compensating for a DL bow too short for them, because it appears a good 1/2” of DL is wasted. If my loop has more than 1/8” of wasted slack, I’m retying, as I want all the DL I can get.

22-Dec-19
I tie mine with nock sets exactly like Dudley does it. He has a great series of videos on how to set up a bow from start to finish.

22-Dec-19
Funny you mentioned this ^^^^ I was watching the fights on YouTube and saw this video. He ties his with the burnt end in for a RH. Then I watched a bunch more and they all showed it the same way.

So which way is correct and why does it matter???

22-Dec-19
The question was about a torqueless loop, which were created to reduce the release head "twist" on the loop. As Dudley pointed out, the loop will have a natural twist because of the knot. Does it "really" matter? Not that I have ever heard, I think it's one of those "can't hurt" type things.

• Sitka Gear