fatbass 20-Dec-19
Trophyhill 20-Dec-19
SBH 20-Dec-19
Fields 21-Dec-19
Bowboy 22-Dec-19
20-Dec-19

Fatbass's embedded Photo
Fatbass's embedded Photo
Ladies & gentlemen give me your best shot on this one. I'm looking for the best bed pad for backcountry backpack hunting for elk in September. Needs to be lightweight, durable and comfortable. Thanks all and merry Christmas to you and your families.

20-Dec-19
Thermarest X Lite or X Therm.

20-Dec-19
+3 for the x-therm

20-Dec-19
klymit insulated static v. You can get them for $50 on Ebay. I've never tried the x-therm.

20-Dec-19
The R value on the Kylmit is lower than the X Therm, and it's heavier, but also much cheaper.

20-Dec-19
Has anyone said X-therm yet?

Very pleased with mine.

—Jim

20-Dec-19
I've had big agnes I've been happy with for at least 5 years. Lots of use. I'm expecting a failure soon.....its just gone too well and I don't think it can last forever type of deal. Was going to get ahead of it with a new one. Can you X therm guys tell me how it compares to the BA I currently have?

20-Dec-19
Klymit Inertia X - the fluorescent green one with holes in it. It may not be for everyone but I sleep on it pretty comfortably on my back and sides and it's SUPER light and packs small. It's touted as allowing your bag to loft down in the holes for insulation and I've slept fine to below freezing temps with a good bag.

20-Dec-19
Great answers guys thank you.

20-Dec-19
I upgraded to the Sea to Summit Ether Light this past season. Love it!

20-Dec-19
Thanks Scott. I can second that, I’ve had some cold nights with it too so was hoping for an upgrade on that part of it. I’ll have to get a new bag too. I was using that old system they had where the pad fits in the bag.

21-Dec-19
xtherm on Moosejaw.com for $142.00

22-Dec-19
I read the reviews and just ordered a Sea to Summit Ether light pad. They were on sale on the website. My Neoair has been slightly leaking. Also they must be a hot item, because all the stores like REI etc where out of stock.

• Sitka Gear