23-Dec-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
HUNT 3, MONDAY DEC 23.

It was as if there are huge letters across the pasture, HUNTER BELOW, DO NOT LAND.

Not one goose gave the decoys a second look and they just flew by heading to greener pastures. I have not seen any geese landing in the adjacent properties or on this property in the last three day of hunting, especially the local yard hoppers that I am hunting.

I will return after January 5 and give it another try but only if there are geese on the properties. Time will tell.

I did get a few shots, but only the local deer herd. my best, Paul

23-Dec-19
Paul The problem is you're not using Nose Jammer. :)

23-Dec-19
Neat picture!

23-Dec-19
Craig, why didn't I think of that?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I know it works on turkeys.

23-Dec-19
Maybe try the goose call instead of the deer call? :-)

23-Dec-19
Paul,Chase seems to be wondering if you have any of those pretzels left over. Getting a little hungry out there with no retrieval treats..........Bob

23-Dec-19
Paul I know what the problem is! Those damn replacement blades I sent you were bad juju. Anything associated with me is bad luck ha.

23-Dec-19
Tough luck! You'll get them sooner or later.

23-Dec-19
Put a little corn out Paul, it’s been a few days since we’ve had a good baiting thread ! ;-)

23-Dec-19
So what you guys are saying, Place in a bucket, a few large bags of Dot pretzles, 10 pounds of corn and then spray it all down with Nose Jammer and then spread out this concoction in the goose field and hope for the best.

But then what do I tell the US Fish and Wildlife officer when he shows up? "they made me do it!". LOL

23-Dec-19
Yes, exactly. Do exactly that!

Let us know how it goes ;)

—Jim

23-Dec-19
Seems like the goose decoys are working for the muleys, so maybe borrow a couple of my muley decoys as "confidence decoys" for the geese? They're in the garage if you want to try them.

23-Dec-19

Stoneman's embedded Photo
Stoneman's embedded Photo
Maybe Chase needs a disguise?

23-Dec-19
Paul, if you go with the bait plan and you hear Chase bark " Oh Oh " as the DOW drives into your hunt spot and Chase also points toward you, you better have your story real straight and maybe figure out a way to blame Chase for the whole deal...........Bob

23-Dec-19
Gee officer, this is not bait, it is TREATS for the dog. Just ask him!!!!!!!!! He loves Dots.

24-Dec-19
No worries Mate! If you're using the trad bow, once the boys see it they'll put their ticket book away and laugh their way back to their truck..... =D

24-Dec-19

little do they know. :)

24-Dec-19
Right on Paul!

24-Dec-19
A nice Xmas goose. Congrats.

24-Dec-19
Christmas goose? Not, but from last year.

26-Dec-19
Nice Paul!

• Sitka Gear