Trophyhill 05-Apr-20
Two Feathers 05-Apr-20
willliamtell 05-Apr-20
lewis 06-Apr-20
walks with a gimp 06-Apr-20
elkpaddles 09-Apr-20
walks with a gimp 10-Apr-20
25-Dec-19
Thieve got into my garage this morning at 7:23 and made off with my bow hunting set up, Leupold Binos and my loaded pack and the wife's pack. Wife went out there about 6:30 to get food items out of the freezer for today's lunch for family. Got 3 Ring videos of him and a good one of his face from about 3 feet away. Hopefully the County Sheriff with catch them. He also was at 2 other's places within about 2 miles, in one guy's house. really sucks the wind out of a guy on Christmas day. He will be unforgiven.

25-Dec-19
That suks! Hope you get results.

25-Dec-19
Good luck getting your gear back.

25-Dec-19
How did they get in your garage

25-Dec-19
I just don’t understand why someone would do that.

25-Dec-19
That's terrible! Hope they catch him.

25-Dec-19
Bou

BECAUSE THEY ARE THEIVES AND CRIMINALS

Pretty easy to understand

25-Dec-19
I hope you get the stuff back. Went through a thieving expo last month while hunting. There are few things that will enrage a man then to have someone steal something that he owns.

25-Dec-19
That really sucks. So very sorry. Hope u get it back. Ed

25-Dec-19
RK the wife was up early to get stuff out of the freezer in the garage for the meal today at noon at about 6 or 6:30am. Garage is about 30 feet from the house. We have a Ring video camera that took 3 videos starting at 7:23 am. Wife was in the house and I was in bed yet from a cold I have and a rough day before working on brake lines on my truck. Ee got a good video of his face about 3 feet from the camera so ID should be fairly easy. They hit 2 other houses in the area also.

25-Dec-19
Shitty deal. Hope they catch the bastards and throw the book at them

25-Dec-19
That is terrible! I hope they are caught quickly and you can get your stuff back. Were you guys done for the season or is this going to end your season due to the loss of gear?

25-Dec-19
I have other bows but not set up for hunting so I'm done for the year only 5 days left. Lost about $3000.

25-Dec-19
Damn walks. That sucks

Hope the cops have some luck

25-Dec-19
Show us a picture of what a piece of shit looks like

25-Dec-19
Looks like your typical skin head meth head shit bag.

25-Dec-19
Another reason to constantly concealed carry.

25-Dec-19
Sorry man! That sucks. Your camera is gonna be his undoing. Hope they recover your stuff.

25-Dec-19
More than likely some douche needing to feed his habit. This is a rampant problem around the country.

Hate to say it but this happened to a good friend and hunting buddy of mine....too bad it was his own son that robbed him.

26-Dec-19
Hope they get the perp. Can a pic/vid be posted or is it not ready for prime time?

Porch pirating is a Federal crime.

26-Dec-19
Worthless piece of human. Hate thieves.

26-Dec-19
Sorry to hear this news...Christmas Thieves are the lowest form of life on Earth. I truly hope they nab this guy!

26-Dec-19
Be sure your Ring image has the watermark showing it hasn’t been tampered with.

Thieves are finding out if the image doesn’t have the watermark, their lawyer can get them off the charges.

Throw the book at em

26-Dec-19
When caught they will receive two years of double secret probation

26-Dec-19
Cnelk I don't know anything about any watermark but I still have the 3 original videos on my phone and have need e mailed to the County Sherrif. Got a real good video of his face from about 3 feet away. Someone knows who he is!

26-Dec-19
Hate thieves

26-Dec-19
Go buy a bow even if they catch the guy it’ll be a while before you get your bow back. I had a shotgun and other things stolen when I was in college. The guy threatened to shoot him self with my gun when he was confronted by the cops. The cop told me I would have hated it if that guy woulda shot himself with my gun. I responded not as long as you wiped the blood off before giving it back. It took nearly a year to get my gun as it was held for evidence.

26-Dec-19
Probably a low-life needing items to sell or pawn for drug money.

Gimp sorry about your loss. Hope they catch them and your items came be recovered.

26-Dec-19
Horrible! Hope the catch they them. If you have good pics my guess is they will catch them.

26-Dec-19
At least he didn't turn it into a home invasion,I need to get my camera system installed it sends me texts during the times that I set it up to when camera is activated

26-Dec-19
Sorry that happened to you walks, nothing worse than a damn thief. I count myself lucky to have lived in the country for 23 years here with no neighbors in sight and we’ve been untouched by thieves. Most of that time there’s been no one home during the day. We do have an alarm system but in the country response time is measured in hours, not minutes. An electric gate keeps honest people out I guess.

26-Dec-19
I cannot stand thieves. I'm not sure if you have more hunting to do, But I have a 30" draw Hoyt Nitrum I can ship you with a pack and binos after I get back from Iowa on the 8th of January?

In my business, we install many of the "Ring" and "Nest" cams and they do help. Most of the time, the culprits wear a hood so they cant really be seen. Cell based and regular trail cams really work wonders even on private property.

Let me know - Rich

26-Dec-19
50 years ago my wife drove into town for about 30 minutes. When she got back the house had been broken into. they stole some of my guns, a coffee can full of real silver dollars and a bunch of other stuff. What pissed me off most was the next day of squirrel season and I had never missed it since I was 5 years old. I always used a 22 rifle and they were gone. The also took an Iver Johnson 410 skeeter. I got $650 from the insurance company for the 410. Never got anything back. A friend from work went into Dover and bought me a new Ruger 10 22 so I could hunt squirrels. I hate thieves. The crook cut his hand breaking the window to get in. He bled all over the place and bled on a Winchester Model 12 shotgun and didn't take it. He also bled all over my wife's Gibson electric guitar and didn't take it? My son now has that guitar and it is insured for $2500.

26-Dec-19
Walks, make sure you get to all the local pawn shops ASAP. If the thief is looking for quick cash that's the first place he'll head to.

26-Dec-19
Keep us posted on the outcome. Scumbag.

26-Dec-19
Will Jaq. The law man is on it. I called BowTech and they gave me my bow's serial number off registration so I'll send to the law man. I have other bows to use it nothing set up for hunting. Been out here in the Country and had nothing happen to me but there was a double murder 3 miles away and other thefts. Small towns don't mean small crime. Thanks for all your support, Christmas day wasn't totally ruined but future ones will be tarnished.

26-Dec-19
Man I am sorry to hear all that!!! I hope you get your stuff back, but HERE is the sad part of all this, even IF he gets caught, he will plea it down to a misdemeanor and probably walk with time served and probation. it's simple burglary at best. less than $5000.00 probably not a felony...

I just went through a case where I confronted a commercial thief and he threatened to shoot me... Long story, but he ran like a little bitch when I went for my gun. He was charged with 14 felony counts of commercial burglary and threatening and menacing!

He got 2 years through a plea deal!!

I just shoulda..... !!!!!

God Bless Brother!!

26-Dec-19
Scar, it's all good though they keep doing stupid things someday it won't work out for them. I would have been up that early with the wife but I'd been sick and working like a dog AND trying to fill my second tag.. I just wanted to sleep in before the kids, grand kids and great grand kids got here for Christmas dinner.

26-Dec-19
That's rough Gimp. A man that will mess with another man's stuff when he is at home is willing to embrace trouble. If it is obvious that you are home when they hit, then you need to prepare to neutralize them before confronting.

I hope what is deserved is received.

27-Dec-19
Not even my house ir my bow but it makes my blood boil.

I’d make a terrible police officer. I’d take him in the back room for “a little chat” !

06-Jan-20
Just an update, they found my bow and binoculars at the guy's house that they identified from my home surveillance camera. Haven't found my and my wife's packs yet that held many hunting necessities. It's a good start but the bow and binos were just thrown on top of a wood/junk pile and it kills me knowing that they sat outside since Christmas day... We did have a little rain and snow but it's been pretty warm for this time of the year in Nebraska. At least the stuff in the packs is covered, for now maybe.

06-Jan-20
Glad you got your bow and binos back! Hope you get the rest too!

06-Jan-20
what a great new years present. Glad for you both. Paul

07-Jan-20
Glad to hear that it's working out for you. I hope you press charges to the fullest extent of the law. TMBB

07-Jan-20
Good news !! How close to you did the guy live ??

07-Jan-20
Big, about 4 1/2 miles. Young guy nut job...

07-Jan-20
Hope he spends considerable time in jail.

07-Jan-20
What will happen to him. Was he arrested, charges filed?

07-Jan-20
Glad they caught the guy. Hope they find your packs and gear.

As other guys have said, you won’t get your recovered bow and optics back until after the trial. It sucks. My buddy’s place got broken into almost a year ago.

The deputy sheriff says it might take another year or so.

07-Jan-20
I expect it to be a while before I get back anything. I have other stuff to use or I'll just buy what I need and I have many other bows to use but wht I lost was the best that worked for me. That bow was so quiet I'd shot deer at 10 yards and they'd just flinch/jump and trot a little and fall over. I'll use my old Tribute next year if need be. Big thing now is we're locking everything up tight, even when we're home and the neighbors are too in this little rural area. I spent another $1200.00 on a new computer, router and two more cameras. I know one neighbor has a new Saint AR15,, crime creates movement in the economy too.

03-Apr-20
Just an update on this old post. They have found all the things that were stolen of ours and we made a trip to the County Sheriff's Office and were able to go through everything last Monday. It's all there so we won't have to purchase it all new again! The kid has mental issues that I guess were controlled with meds but he is still in jail. Hopefully he gets help and guidance and doesn't find his way back here someday... Maybe soon we will get our equipment back after the trial. Thanks to all that offered hope and thoughts and especially those that offered us some equipment to hunt with this year. We had plenty of equipment to use as backup but the offers were very generous and much appreciated!

03-Apr-20
That's great to hear!

03-Apr-20
Awesome news, Russell! Thanks for updating us about it. Great attitude as well, about hoping that the young man gets help and guidance!

03-Apr-20
Glad to hear it!

03-Apr-20
Nice to hear something good today.

03-Apr-20
Great news!!!

04-Apr-20
Good of you to have some compassion for the kid.....

You hear so much Macho Bullstuff about how guys would deal with anyone messing with their property.... and I can’t imagine owning ANYTHING I’d be willing to kill somebody over.

04-Apr-20
Glad you got all your equipment returned to you.

04-Apr-20
Nice!

04-Apr-20
Good news !

04-Apr-20
You were lucky it was all found, glad it worked out, but sorry you had to experience it.

04-Apr-20
Took nearly 3 years for the Anchorage PD to get our stuff to us and that almost didn't happen. Officer who called said she had called twice and this was her last attempt before they kept it. Asked her why she didn't leave a message and she said " I don't do that".

Did you know a big source of income for sheriffs and local PD"s is to sell off stuff they recover or confiscate and "can't" locate the owner?

05-Apr-20
Mental issues..... I’d say so. Glad you got your gear !

05-Apr-20
Really glad you'll get your stuff back.

Mental issues or not, I have no pity for thieves that violate someones personal sanctuary.

05-Apr-20
I had a similar issue years ago. I saw two boys riding bicycles. One looked just like my son's bike. I caught up with one of the bikers and he told me that his friend it. I asked who his friend was but he refused to tell me. He did tell me where I could find the bike. A quick call to the local police resulted in a returned bike. I asked the cop if I should press charges. He said that his report would be sufficient . A stolen bike is the least of the kid's worries. I hate what thieves do to us.

05-Apr-20
".... and I can’t imagine owning ANYTHING I’d be willing to kill somebody over."

Unfortunately, you don't know if somebody's willing to kill YOU over something you own. Break into my house, we're going to have a conversation which will include the police. Show or point a weapon, that conversation now adds the county coroner.

05-Apr-20
That’s different.

And I could’ve sworn I had added words to that effect in my first post.

Anyone who comes into your home knowing that the place is occupied has declared himself a Threat; that may not be the intention, but you’d not be well served by assuming otherwise....

A garage where they could sneak in and out without bumping into anybody would be a different story.

05-Apr-20
Great news....thanks for the update!

05-Apr-20

05-Apr-20
Awesome...I'm so glad everything worked out OK for you guys.

Lost my quad runner to thieves about 8 years ago...doubt if I'll ever get it back at this point.

05-Apr-20
Trial? So is his lawyer claiming he's not guilty because of medications?

05-Apr-20
One would think a thief would be prosecuted meds or no meds. Glad you got your stuff back and sorry it ever had to happen..

05-Apr-20
They say jails are a dumping ground for the mentally disturbed. Should be some other way to address those problems. Glad it worked out for you.

06-Apr-20
Great to hear it worked out ok Lewis

06-Apr-20
GF "Good of you to have some compassion for the kid..... You hear so much Macho Bullstuff about how guys would deal with anyone messing with their property.... and I can’t imagine owning ANYTHING I’d be willing to kill somebody over. " Yes it turned out pretty well. If I would have went out there with a sidearm in my skivvies, on Christmas morning at 7:23 AM and confronted him he would have had no where to go and if he would have came at me, lets just say it probably wouldn't have ended well for either of us. I'm glad he is alive and I'm not paying a very popular lawyer. We have been locking everything up since and it's getting real old. I just told the wife not to lock the garage any more because of the hassle. We still have the security cameras that do a pretty good job and we just won't store anything of value in there except for the car and truck. If someone wants those and keeps them from trying to get into the house, we have insurance.. We are out in the country and know the neighbors well but there is always the possibility of a stranger. We've had a few encounters around here including a double homicide 3 miles away. I would draw the line any day or night though about breaking into the house. The nearest town is 4 miles away with maybe 90 people so a stranger is a rare occurrence, except for rifle season then there are lots of road hunters about..

09-Apr-20
Ever think about getting a dog? I worked night shift for many years and our home is a mile back from the road in the boonies. We always had big dogs, not always mean, our lab wouldn't hurt a fly but he sure let you know if a stranger was around. We also had dobermans, one of which did stop a guy from breaking into one of our sheds. If the doby didn't howl when I sent him after the guy, he might have caught him before he jumped in his truck and took off. I gave the sheriff a description of the truck and the guy. He was arrested a couple of weeks later with a partner cleaning out a cabin which wasn't his.

10-Apr-20
I hunt where I live so I don't want an outside dog. I have 3 security cameras now that work pretty good. They are the Ring Stickup cameras all outside, not 100% happy with their operation but not ready to spend more on cameras right now. Like I said it worked out ok no one died and the bad guy was nabbed. Might be different next time though.

• Sitka Gear