Shawn 30-Dec-19
Scar Finga 30-Dec-19
altitude sick 30-Dec-19
Shawn 30-Dec-19
12yards 30-Dec-19
varmint101 30-Dec-19
Billyvanness 30-Dec-19
26-Dec-19
Just picked up a new Mathews Traverse. Absolutely love the Bow. Smoothest drawing bow I've ever shot and dead in the hand. Dang quiet too

26-Dec-19
I looked at one here in WI just the other day. Did not shoot it but it certainly seems to handle well. I really liked the grip how the bow seemed to feel. If my dealer can set one up in my draw weight and length I'll certainly give it a try. I told him I'd be back in April, he said he'd be waiting.

26-Dec-19
I have been shooting one for about 10 months. I do like it but it could be used as a boat anchor. I wish Mathews would come up with a bow again that weighs about 3.5#s so when you add a sight and such it stays around 5#s not 8. Shawn

28-Dec-19
3.5 lbs??!! The carbon bows weigh more than that.

28-Dec-19
I think Uncle Ted is shooting one.

28-Dec-19
The Mathews Heli M is 3.5 pounds, released in 2012 I think

28-Dec-19
I have a Mathews Heli'M and thought it was sub four pounds, but according to ELKMAN they lied and it's closer to twelve :(

28-Dec-19
^^^ LOL now that's funny!

28-Dec-19
Wapitidung,

The Traverse is the one bow in Mathews lineup that I'm considering. so it's good to hear that you like it. I am kinda surprised that it's about 1/2 pound heavier than my old Drenalin, however.

Matt

28-Dec-19
I've had a chance to run a few arrows through the bow now and am very happy with it. I was shooting an Elite Ritual which is a nice bow but wanted the Traverse. I'm happy with the change. As far as the weight goes, the older I get, the heavier everything gets.

28-Dec-19
The Traverse weighs about 6 ounces more than Mathews advertises. I shoot mine very well it is just flat out heavy. Over 8#s with 3 arrows in my quiver! Shawn

29-Dec-19
Scooby,

4#s of accessories including quiver and arrows seems like a lot to me. What accessories are you using?

Matt

29-Dec-19
They probably weigh the bow before they put all the rubber, D-loop, brass knock points, etc on the strings. Don't know if all that adds up to a half pound.

30-Dec-19
Two piece quiver, HHA sight, Bee stinger stabilizer, wrist sling, v bar and 3 arrows with 175 grain heads. Shawn

30-Dec-19
I love mine, it shoots very very smooth! But it a little on the weighty side!

I switched back (No Pun Intended) to Mathews from Hoyt for the first time in almost 15 years. I was a Mathews shooter prior to shooting Hoyt's, but I felt they kind of went down hill for a long time.

If you are considering one, go for it, you won't be disappointed!

30-Dec-19
If the only complaint is weight.

My 2 cents would be to loose the B Stinger. It’s just dead weight on that bow.

No need for vibration dampening.

And they are too short to be a stabilizer.

So that is easy weight to lose.

30-Dec-19
No it's not, balances the bow as the Traverse is slightly too heavy, not as bad as some of the recent Mathews but still the stabilizer helps in many ways. Shawn

30-Dec-19
Grey Ghost, the Dren was 3.85 pounds. The Traverse is listed at 4.7. Almost a full pound heavier and probably is when fitted with all the dampening stuff. I had a Dren for awhile and it was a nice bow. Great bow for lugging through the mountains.

30-Dec-19

varmint101's embedded Photo
varmint101's embedded Photo
I’ve loved shooting my 60# Traverse this season. Very easy to draw and shoot. I use the side plates on mine. Sounds funny, but it doesn’t feel as heavy as the Halon 32 or the NoCam for some reason. It just balances a lot better. I use an MBG sight on mine.

30-Dec-19
Man I really enjoy shooting my Traverse. Smooth and easy to be consistent. There’s no weight issue...if you dwell on 1/2 a pound it’ll bother you, if you just carry your bow and shoot...there’s nothing to worry about.

• Sitka Gear