Contributors to this thread:
aDrenalinJunkie21 27-Dec-19
axle2axle 27-Dec-19
axle2axle 27-Dec-19
aDrenalinJunkie21 27-Dec-19
x-man 28-Dec-19
huntinelk 28-Dec-19
27-Dec-19
I'm sure the hive mind here can solve this.

When i'm fletching an arrow on my bitz (which, i'm still relatively new too, probably used it to fletch maybe a dozen, tops), the first two vanes go on easy. The third vane, the clamp seems to bounce up and away from the shaft so I have to hold the top end down for awhile until the glue bonds. This obviously isn't ideal for doing it en masse.

Any idea what I've got set up wrong? It's a right helical jig, btw, in case that matters.

27-Dec-19
Been my experience that the nock end of the shaft sit loosely in the jig...and therefore requires some downward force to keep it held in the jig tightly. I routinely hold each and every shaft firmly in place as I set the magnetic fletching clamp in place. Perfect results every time...and I’ve done hundreds of arrows in my Bitz over the years. Also, if the rotating nock locater detents start to stick, place a drop of oil on them to allow smooth rotation and a crisp snap-in location during fletching. This will increase intra-fletch spacing precision. Good luck...with a little finesse you should be able to produce perfect arrows repeatedly using a Bitz fletching jig. Kevin

27-Dec-19
I’m assuming you’re fletching carbon arrows with an instant cyano-type adhesive. So you shouldn’t have to hold things in place for more than 10 to 15 seconds before the fletch is bonded to the shaft. Again, best of luck. Kevin

27-Dec-19
Thanks for the tips! And your assumptions are right - I usually let my vanes sit a bit longer than the 10-15 seconds only because i'm usually either a) prepping other arrows to fletch while the glue is drying or b) i'm multi tasking so i'll let it sit, do whatever it is i'm doing, then come back. I know that once I get the hang of the bitz it will be an awesome tool, i'm just still in the learning phase.

28-Dec-19
When the nock groove is mostly "vertical" the arrow can slide a little. The only real flaw with the Bitz. There is an aftermarket nock receiver that will eliminate that issue. I just knew I would have to use two hands on that rotation for 20 seconds or so.

28-Dec-19
The Zenith kit works really well on the Bitz

• Sitka Gear