elkstabber 30-Dec-19
South Farm 30-Dec-19
RJ Hunt 30-Dec-19
Bou'bound 30-Dec-19
smarba 30-Dec-19
turkeyhunter60 31-Dec-19
Trial153 02-Jan-20
28-Dec-19
I see on the ‘net a number of high end sights being shipped from China. CBE, Spot Hogg, to name a couple. Also other items, rests, releases, arrows. I would have assumed these are counterfeit but The way manufacturing is being outsourced it could be that all of these items were made in China. Your thoughts?

28-Dec-19
A yeah. It been that way for decades.

28-Dec-19
That`s why I buy HHA products....made in the USA and a portion of the sales go to our veterans.

28-Dec-19
I thought Spott Hog was made here in Oregon. Could be wrong. What we pay for this gear I can’t imagine there is not enough money in it to be made in USA... at least would hope so.

28-Dec-19
Spot hogg is made in harrisburg Oregon, a long way from china.

28-Dec-19
That is good to hear about Spott Hog. Make great products and my assumption was they are made locally.

28-Dec-19
If Spott Hog is like many other big name companies....(Rage, Leupold, etc) they might get some of their material from outside the US and finish the assemble/build process in the US.

28-Dec-19
Confirmed, china is making a knock off of the tommy hogg and selling on ebay.

30-Dec-19
Thanks WapitiBob. This is exactly why we need to be supporting our local archery shops.

30-Dec-19
CHINA makes everything these days if you haven't heard. I got over the whole China vs. American made thing when I finally came to the realization it was making me mental worrying about it and trying to only buy American made products. Life is short and I've learned to pick my battles these days. I'll support locals and buy through them, but if they're getting their product through China then it is what it is.

For the record, my Kodiak Tent (best tent ever!) is made in China...so not everything China makes is crap anymore.

30-Dec-19
The iPhone I am currently typing this on was made most likely in China. (There some other countries is made in but all over seas) That said, if I have an affordable option I try to get American made.

30-Dec-19
it's not the consumers job to subsidize manufacturers regardless of their offering or value it is the manufacturers' job to offer the best quality/price/value proposition to the consumer.

30-Dec-19
The problem is many USA companies have their products manufactured in China.

But plants churn out knock-offs or whatever out the back door and sell them for cheap on eBay and elsewhere. I see it a lot with bicycle components too. Branded items that appear legit for 1/2 or less the price of the real brand. Hard to know if they are the same quality or cheap knock-off, and certainly no warranty through the branded company and ripping off their technology/brand name. All you can do is buyer beware.

31-Dec-19
Don't need a Pro Shop, do my own work, I shop around for the best deal, I'm not made of money..

02-Jan-20
Far as I know CBE was american made, same as MBG and spot Hogg

• Sitka Gear