steve 25-Jan-20
White Falcon 26-Jan-20
White Falcon 26-Jan-20
White Falcon 26-Jan-20
White Falcon 26-Jan-20
wild1 26-Jan-20
White Falcon 26-Jan-20
31-Dec-19
Has anyone ever put wheels on a ladder stand for use as a stand and deer, gear carrier? I will be doing it for next season.

31-Dec-19
Never heard of it. But sounds like a helluva idea. The game carts we looked at all had narrow tires on them. We were wanting to build a game cart with fat tires, hoping they would pull easier thru soft ground.

31-Dec-19
It's actually a pretty good idea....

31-Dec-19
Wa couple guys I hunt with on public do that. Works pretty well for them.

31-Dec-19
Jeff.... I really don’t need one of those.... I hunt private land and can get my quad close to any deer I kill..... But after seeing that Hawk Crawler after you posted it..... I think I gotta have one. That is the bad ass cart of deer carts. Anyone looking at carts should look at their videos. Nothing else on the market comes close.

01-Jan-20
Biggest issue would be taking g down the stand to haul a deer. Assumes a single deer state.

I have a deer cart that we use to haul in multiple stands, including a ladder. Either leave in the truck or bring in near the stand when hunting

01-Jan-20
That Hawk Crawler looks nifty. A couple of reviews I looked at said the wheels need another washer or two for spacing and it hangs up easily if you have to drag thru tight areas such as a bunch of jack pines....which we have alot of up north. Any cart will do that though. I think the Hawk dual wheels idea on a Muddy Work Horse would be slick....if you can find one. I got mine on clearance a couple of years ago....I don't think they make them anymore. I used mine in October toting out an antelope and it worked great. I like the basket on the Muddy's....it keeps the object centered inside without falling out.

01-Jan-20
I too seem to remember a ladder stand with wheels that was on the market some years back?? For a cart, that Hawk looks pretty good. I have a two wheel cart from Cabela's that I haven't used for years. Since I've become less mobile, my brother has fixed up a trailer for his 4wheeler to haul my fat butt, blinds and stands. Usually set up close to fields or 4wheeler trails.

01-Jan-20

stagetek's embedded Photo
stagetek's embedded Photo
No more pulling and dragging for me.

01-Jan-20

Strapped's embedded Photo
The boy could pull it by himself too!
The boy could pull it by himself too!
I have the hawk cart and I love it. It makes retrieval through our tamarack swamp so much easier. The wheels pull over the bogs quite easily. I even hauled two deer in it at the same ti e last year. You have to make sure you strap them in.

01-Jan-20
^...that was one of the things I was wondering about with the Hawk....whether you have to strap the animal in? I didn't with Muddy toting the antelope and that was just under a 2 mile tote over rough terrain. The tandem wheels idea does have me very curious though.

01-Jan-20
I only strap them in when going through real rough terrain like the boggy swamp.

01-Jan-20
Nice cart JTV. Wondering why a cart hasn’t been made yet, that’s motorized. I see them on golf courses used by guys that walk the course but don’t want to carry their golf bags.

01-Jan-20
^^ lol

01-Jan-20
They make a motorized game cart. Saw it at our local bow shop. I don’t see a market for it. It’s huge and looks like a pain in the ass. At that point if you can’t get an atv to it...just quarter it up and walk out.

01-Jan-20
I've had the Crawler for a couple years now and love it. I just strap my buck or doe down to it and it goes over pretty much everything except really big logs. Also use it to carry my hangon and ladder stands. Some of them I set up over a mile from where I park my truck. The Crawler is awesome.

01-Jan-20
I have two ladder stand with 8" wheels on them for that purpose. Its a great idea just don't work where I have them set up. (Way to rough for rolling)

01-Jan-20
I am still torn between a sled and the hawk crawler and have used both. The crawler is a bit easier than my jet sled on flat, often muddy ground. Sled is easier on snow. Hard to tell which is better going uphill. Both are easy going downhill.

01-Jan-20
^^ agreed

01-Jan-20
"never understand why you need to put a whole deer on the cart??????????????????? am I missing something" Some states you cannot quarter a deer in the field, or until it gets checked in so you have to leave it whole

02-Jan-20
Where I hunt, you can't use anything but your feet to get in and out. I go in almost 2 miles to hunt. At 73, I can't drag a deer that far by my self. Stands have to be remover every 72 hours. Then you can put them up for another 72 hrs.

03-Jan-20

White Falcon's embedded Photo
Going to use these 20 " no flat wheels.

07-Jan-20
Should have all my parts by Friday!

07-Jan-20
" ...rules like that you should get changed,,, they are archaic,,,,,,,,,,"

X100! Folks need to take back control of the regs from micro-managing DNR/F&G Depts.

10-Jan-20

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Put your stand ,deer bait or take the garbage out ! I have made about 20 of them for friends

10-Jan-20

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo

10-Jan-20
How does it work in the snow?

10-Jan-20
That's cool Steve...

10-Jan-20
You pull the pin and the wheels and axles will come off . It drags over walls and dead falls , and when you put it the back of your truck you can fill it up so you don’t take any room up I have a set of ramps so I can pull the deer up in to my truck by myself , getting to old to get it in by myself

10-Jan-20
Cool steve…. Can I ask where'd you get the hardware for the axles?

10-Jan-20
McMaster Carr 5/8 6061 alu 3 ft long and I cut them down drill for cottor pins

10-Jan-20

INbowdude's embedded Photo
INbowdude's embedded Photo
Really old Warren and Sweat aluminum cart. I swapped out the original tires for some knobby bike tires.

10-Jan-20
Will finish in the morning and get some pics of my ladder stand cart combo.

10-Jan-20

Wheels came in today.

10-Jan-20

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
I was asked for some pictures of my cart you would have to stop the axles from turning even thought the wheels have bearing and silicone them to make it water proof

10-Jan-20

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
The walls are Double plated

10-Jan-20
I also put a handle on the rope To make it easier for two people to pull

11-Jan-20
Nice work Steve and thanks for the pics!

11-Jan-20

Just need to paint parts and cut threads on u bolts down. Very easy to pull with 20 inch tires. Can hall all three sections. Step can be folded if flat area is needed.

11-Jan-20

11-Jan-20

11-Jan-20

11-Jan-20

11-Jan-20

11-Jan-20

JTV, where I go, I am the only one who hunts there. Very thick cover and limited shooting lanes. This is NOT hard to pull and with 20 inch wheels doesn't get tangled up. The trails going in are very good. I only have to go into the thick part a short ways. At 73, I need the best way for me to hunt! To each his own ! Have a great season!

11-Jan-20

walks with a gimp's embedded Photo
walks with a gimp's embedded Photo
I know it's irrevelant but I made a lift/boom for my Honda Pioneer 1000-5 to lift and transport deer. I just drag them where I can hook them up, winch off the ground and drive away. I can also dress them out without bending over.

11-Jan-20
I’m impressed that a 70+ yo can not only stand a ladder stand up that is 3 sections tall, but can strap it and climb up and strap the top.

Good job on the stand and color me impressed on the put up and take down.

11-Jan-20
First is line mans belt, ladder stand ratchet strapped to tree at ground level then at top while putting up a HSS safety system line. Depends # of sections I use.

12-Jan-20

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
White falcon I use to use them hitch pins but they get caught in the thick stuff and pull out you I use cotter pins or collars

12-Jan-20

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo

12-Jan-20
I use them so I can easily detach the wheels when I put the stand up. I have extras!

13-Jan-20
LOL

17-Jan-20
We use to put wheels on ladder stands all the time. Solid tires, steel axle, hitch pins on each end with big washers. used ratchet straps to hold it together. Pile gear on to walk in and not get sweated up. Pile deer on for the trip out. Easier with two guys but did it many times with myself. I don't have pictures.

17-Jan-20
Same setup as White Falcon but just use a ratchet strap to hold the axle on.

17-Jan-20

chief400's embedded Photo
chief400's embedded Photo
Flip it over, move axle to end of red arrows and ratchet it down. Footrest holds gear from sliding off and curved seat allows partner to walk behind and push.

18-Jan-20

With step down, or up things stay where the are strapped. But thanks for the idea. Didn't want to fool with straps on the axle, wanted it more permanent.

19-Jan-20
The real mystery to me is trying to figure out how the deer have changed in the last 20 years that makes them so much harder to extract from the woods than they used to be it must be some evolutionary condition

19-Jan-20
I know the answer to that!!!! I was 53 years old 20 yrs ago, and had good legs and all my muscles strength!

20-Jan-20
Smarter not harder Bou. They deer will get out of the bush one way or another. I just no longer spend a half day doing it.

22-Jan-20

Livereater1's embedded Photo
Uuuuh!!!
Livereater1's embedded Photo
Uuuuh!!!
Went to a four wheeler after this one.

25-Jan-20
Bou add 20 to 49 and you will have your answer.lol and you have Nick to drag for you lol

26-Jan-20

Loaded with pack and safety gear.

26-Jan-20

26-Jan-20

26-Jan-20

26-Jan-20
WF - That's a cool set-up. The only issue I see, is if your wheels have plastic spokes (not the tires), which appear to be the case. I had a game cart with similar, if not the same, wheels and those plastic wheels will eventually break - most likely at a very bad time. I was hauling out a bear when one wheel on my game cart broke, not fun! If those wheels (rims) are metal, then you're good to go - if not, they will eventually break. Good luck!

26-Jan-20
If this happens I guess I will have to do a bush fix! :) :)

• Sitka Gear