franklin 01-Jan-20
WapitiBob 01-Jan-20
Jims 01-Jan-20
franklin 01-Jan-20
WapitiBob 01-Jan-20
Jims 01-Jan-20
franklin 02-Jan-20
01-Jan-20
I got a new state chip for xmas. I installed the chip in my Garmin 64st GPS and synched it to the computer, I redeemed the chip and the state shows up on my ONX account on the computer but I can`t find it on my GPS. Where the heck is it?

I don`t own a smart phone and only use a GPS in the field....hence the GPS and not using my phone.

01-Jan-20
It’ll show up under the maps tab and should be enabled by default. Zoom in to a spot in that state and it should display.

01-Jan-20
Thanks Bob....I scrolled over to the state and I get a half azzed "property boundary" screen pops up but I can`t find the other ONX screen options....I have pushed every button on every screen and I still can`t locate it. I`m not outside, does that matter? I figured it`s a chip so it shouldn`t....I`m ready to throw it against the wall.

01-Jan-20

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
WapitiBob's embedded Photo
It's a chip, there aren't any onx options. All the chip is, is a static custom map showing forest, blm, private, private land boundary lines, and land owner names.

01-Jan-20
Make sure your on x chip is placed in your GPS properly and the clip slid over the top properly. I didn't have it in my GPS right once and it didn't work.

01-Jan-20
So the screen shot with all the "options" such as "property boundaries...state leased lands...etc etc" are only shown on the computer and not on the GPS screen?

01-Jan-20
If you buy a gps chip, you also get the phone app and the "web map" for a year for free. It sounds like you're going to onxmaps.com and logging in to the web map. That web map works with the phone app, both of which have layers you can turn on or off as well as tools you use to create tracks and such. The gps chip is totally different and doesn't have any of that functionality. You can still create points, track, etc on the web map but you transfer those manually. The phone app and web map talk to each other when both pieces have service; data from the phone transfers to the web map and data on the web map copies to the phone automatically.

01-Jan-20
My onx chip shows property boundaries, landowner names, etc on my gps.

02-Jan-20
Got it....thanks again Bob.

• Sitka Gear