12yards 02-Jan-20
Mule Power 02-Jan-20
Rut Nut 02-Jan-20
Kevin Speicher 03-Jan-20
TXHunter 05-Jan-20
WV Mountaineer 05-Jan-20
Bowman 08-Jan-20
01-Jan-20
Quit buying there stuff when they closed there Lacrosse WI plant and moved to asia. Several American made options out there.

01-Jan-20

Timex's embedded Photo
Timex's embedded Photo
Bad experiences suck no doubt but iv been wearing this model lacrosse boots for 20 years now & love em I got turned on to them when I hauled seafood to Boston all the watermen up there wear them. Supper tough ,Plenty warm, wide inside & I usually get 3 sometimes 4 years out of a pair. I order them from a marine supply store for around $60 shipped. For the $$ they are a great boot

01-Jan-20
For me both my pairs if rocky boots were absolute unadulterated crap twenty years ago. Lacrosse has been great for me ever since.

01-Jan-20
Have had some Rocky boots, they work out very fast. Won’t make that mistake again.

01-Jan-20
I thought this was going to be a Mathews thread.

01-Jan-20
I hear ya, have a pair of Whites packers from MT I bout 20 years ago and seen many trips. Well was looking for a new pair and they said send in your pair and we will restore them. I did . came back looking brand new.

01-Jan-20
The other week the soles of my Lacrosse 1000 boots literally separated soles from the bottom of the boot. Took them to my local shoe repairman. He told me that he has noticed a lots of brands of rubber boots are experiencing the same problem.

My repairman has been in business for about 40 yrs.- hence has seen a lot through his years of experience. He has a theory that the boots/shoes are shipped to US from Asia via sea containers. It is unknown the length of time the boots are stored in containers with no temperature control. Hence the extreme heat that containers experience is something that breaks down the glue that holds the sole to the boot. He re-glued my soles to my boots and I have seen no issues with sole/boot separation.

He has also seen the same issues with both men and women dress and casual shoes shipped from Asia.

01-Jan-20
Nuthin ain’t what it was 20 years ago

01-Jan-20
I have the Aeroheads as well as some La Crosse lace ups that I bought a few years ago. Both are comfortable and have lasted fine, but I don’t wear them every trip. . Bought some Rocky Cornstalkers years ago as well as another kind of Rockys and the soles disintegrated in big chunks. It was hell to walk on them until I got back with big chunks falling off ! :(. Rocky sent me some new soles, I had them repaired and I still wear them when it’s really cold.

02-Jan-20
My couple pair of lacrosse have held up decent for the amount I have used them. I still like mucks better. That said I am not a rubber boots fan anyway

02-Jan-20
LaCrosse used to make some midweight pack boots with removable liners (leather or cordura tops and rubber bottoms - kind of like LL Bean boots). I have 2 pair from 23+ years ago that I still used but are near their end. I can't find boots like these anywhere now. Seems everyone like knee high rubber boots now, even in cold weather. I miss the old LaCrosse Company. Those boots were great.

02-Jan-20
Overland,

I thought it would be a Bowtech thread when I saw the OP was not Elkman.

A vote for Rocky boots.

02-Jan-20
I get several years out of the lacrosse grange and original burly. But I bought a pair of burly with the printed camo and they dry rotted and cracked open in less than two years. I just bought two new pairs of grange and original style burly when they had the sale at Christmas. The newer models do not use the same formula on the rubber that the older styles do I found out.

02-Jan-20
Schemes in Bozeman used to be good. But they used Lacrosse bottoms. Wonder if they still do...

02-Jan-20
I had a pair of lacross leather boots that I got for elk hunt,they survived breakin but not a week in mountains,string broke in 2 days,left boot leaked pull tab ripped off all after 4 days of hunting

02-Jan-20
"LaCrosse used to make some midweight pack boots with removable liners (leather or cordura tops and rubber bottoms - kind of like LL Bean boots). I have 2 pair from 23+ years ago that I still used but are near their end. I can't find boots like these anywhere now. Seems everyone like knee high rubber boots now, even in cold weather. I miss the old LaCrosse Company. Those boots were great."

Must have had the same boots. This will be their last year. I'll be looking for next year.

02-Jan-20
Yeah, I use the regular Lacrosse foam insulated Burlys. I don't know if they are the same as what Timex uses, but I just bought my 3rd pair. I've gotten a dozen or more years out of my first two pairs. I bought my first pair in the middle 1980s. Also don't know if they are still made with the same quality rubber. We will see I guess.

02-Jan-20
I had a guide buy a pair of Rockys at Sportmans Warehouse in Missoula. A week later he put the pieces into the original box and took them back. They guy in the shoe department said you’re not the first and you won’t be the last. That was 10 years ago so they’ve been junk for at least a decade.

02-Jan-20
That's not what I wanted to hear! I bought a pair of Lacrosse rubber boots this year.

03-Jan-20
I would choose Lacrosse over Rocky boots. Rocky are the worst boots that I have ever owned.

05-Jan-20
Rockies are junk.

05-Jan-20
Chippewa. Enough said.

08-Jan-20

Bowman's Link
Maybe LaCrosse is junk as a winter boots. But I da?e to say that Lacrosee Venom Scent works perfect for me as a snake boots. I haven't been bitten by a snake but to protect the manufacturer I say these boots made of high quality.

They keep your feet dry and at the same time they are breatheable. The moisture wicking capabilities aren't bad at all; I was able to stay out for hours longer in these without my feet getting sweaty.

Perhaps you just bought the wrong pair of boots?

• Sitka Gear