Shuteye 04-Jan-20
drycreek 04-Jan-20
stagetek 04-Jan-20
Screwball 04-Jan-20
lawdy 04-Jan-20
patience2spare 04-Jan-20
TXHunter 05-Jan-20
02-Jan-20
I was just reading Ground Hunter's thread entitled "Junk". It seems that many hunters are finding more and more problems with Rubber footwear....I don't know if it strictly a function of production being shipped overseas, or not. What I do know, is that I need a new pair of rubber boots, and I am looking for suggestions or recommendations based on actual, relatively recent purchases......are there any good boots out there? I have gone through three pair in the last two years.

02-Jan-20
I cant tell you how durable they are yet, but they are comfortable. I just picked up a pair of Tidewe rubber boots. I have had Mucks in the past but destroy them in two years or less. I am done with them, the soles will not stay on. I walked all day yesterday in the TideWe boots and they are as comfortable as tennis shoes, and my feet stayed warm.

02-Jan-20
I have been using a pair of Lacrosse Mudlite snake boots. They're the most comfortable rubber boots I've had so far. I've wore them a lot for 3 yrs or more, we don't have a lot of cold weather here so I wear snake boots a lot.

02-Jan-20
Lacrosse is pretty dang good.

02-Jan-20
Ned, I had Lacrosse (Burly) boots for many years, and was pretty pleased with them. However, they are getting hammered in the "Junk" thread that I mentioned....that's why I started a new thread looking for other ideas.

02-Jan-20
I gave up on over-priced name brand rubber about 10 years ago.

I now buy two pairs of farm-store shit-kickers. One my size for warm weather and one a size bigger for use with heavy wool socks. I might even buy a pair bigger yet and put my felt liners in them for really cold sits.

I get 2-3 years out of them.

I'm lucky that I don't have to walk more than a half mile to any stands.

02-Jan-20
Muck Arctic all the way. Fit like a shoe & are warm down to zero with wool socks. Artic Pro's are nice too but they are not near as comfy as the regular Arctic pair

02-Jan-20
Jake...I bought a new pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pros this past August, and had used them a bunch this fall for whitetails here in Iowa. So far, I really like the fit. They don’t slip on my heel at all. I got the 800s and they’re decent for warmth down to about 30 degrees, but I wear Arctic Shield covers when it’s colder. My biggest complaint with them is that there is no toe kick on the back of the boot to help with taking them off. If your feet are a little damp, or you have some mud on the back of the boot, it makes it a MAJOR PITA trying to get them off without a boot jack or something similar.

02-Jan-20
Call skips marine supply in New Bedford mass order a pair of the black rubber lacrosse watermen boots I normally wear a size 10 but in those boots I wear a size 9 they are made oversize to accommodate the felt liners for them they sell also but I don't use them they last me 3-4 years a pair & when I used to do l lot more walking iv worn the bolloms smoth before the uppers gave out. For the $ their a great rubber boot

02-Jan-20

cnelk's Link
My next rubber boots will be Baffins - see link

02-Jan-20
Xtra-Tuffs! The Alaskan sneaker.

02-Jan-20
Bogs

02-Jan-20
Giving up on the rubber/neoprene boots, and going back to the lacrosse 2 buckle rubber over shoe. Wore those for over 15 years and always stayed warm, dry and clean. Actually just called my Local supplier and will be stopping there on the way home to buy another pair.

02-Jan-20
LaCrosse Alpha Burlys or Mucks for me. Good luck!

02-Jan-20
Mucks are nice for some applications, but tear very easily even in light brush.

02-Jan-20

Trial153's Link
LeChameau makes great rubber boot

02-Jan-20
Black Mucks, have had the same pair since 2013 and have used them for everything from bear baiting all spring, many tundra miles, to several week or more long trips to Kodiak.

02-Jan-20
I like the muck arctic but my go to rubber boot is the ranger. I use the red one with the yellow toe, last for years and are very warm

02-Jan-20
I’m tough on clothes, shoes boots. I’ve had great luck for my application with Muck boots. Been using/buying them for past 15 years.

02-Jan-20
I orderd a pair of xtra tuffs & couldn't get my feet into them past the ankles those Alaskans must have some slender feet if you have wide feet don't even consider them

02-Jan-20
Xtra Tuffs are junk.

02-Jan-20
Regardless of the brand- neoprene boot tips and briars don’t get along at all. Briars eat neoprene for snacks!

02-Jan-20
I've just used the regular foam insulated Burlys. I just bought my third pair since the middle 1980s. I usually get 12-15 years out of a pair. I don't know if the rubber is the same quality as it's always been, but I've had good luck with them and if the temps are in the 30's or above, they are plenty warm.

02-Jan-20
Briars and neoprene> I had an old pair of Kenetrek gaiters that I wrapped around the upper of my mucks and just leave them on the mucks. Made a huge difference in briar and barbed wire resistance.

02-Jan-20
The last pair of mucks I bought were super comfortable. But unfortunately I tore the back of one of them on the horns of a buck while dragging it. Another pair a red cedar branch tore the side . Very comfortable boots just not for me

02-Jan-20
Another vote for Lacrosse, but I wear the Grange ankle fit uninsulated for 45 degrees and up stand hunting and walking. Great walking boots.

02-Jan-20
I have been using Muck boots for years and really like them. They have several varieties and and some can be costly but worth the money. Tractor Supply carries them.

02-Jan-20
Jake I use the Muck Arctic here in BC and while never super cold this year wore them everyday into mid-December. Did not use my Schnee pacs at all! We don’t have thorns here except Rose Bush but have not had a problem. I’m impressed with the ankle support as well. I also have a pair of Lacosse Burleys and they have been good but have cracked and worn more rapidly than the Mucks.

03-Jan-20
I wore a pair of Muck choremasters to Newfoundland 4 years ago and they are still in good shape. I have Muck Artics for colder weather and they have also held up fine.

03-Jan-20
Itasca rubber boots with the 1200 grains of Thinsulate.

Used them for 10 years, climbing trees, crossing swamps rock creeks etc.

Punched a 2 1/2 inch hole in the bottom when I stepped on a hardwood branch, feet were wet but still warm by the time I got back to the truck. Now having trouble finding a pair.

03-Jan-20
The wife and I have each been wearing the same pairs of Muck boots since 2011. Hers are Artic Sport and mine are Woody Elites. I bought them at the local co-op. They hold up well for the type of hunting we do. Mostly tree stand or blind and the walk in and out. I'd buy them again.

03-Jan-20
check out "Dryshod" boots... Very comparable to Muck... I have seen them at local Ag shop - will be my next pair! Many models designed for outdoors including hunting and some designed for -40 temps

03-Jan-20
I wear Muck in spring, summer, and early-fall. October-April is Baffin Trappers. They have a removable liner. I live in North Dakota and these are the best multi-purpose rubber boot I have found.

04-Jan-20
Camo Fire running muck boots right now - $90 MUCK BOOTS WOODY SPORT ALL-TERRAIN sizes 8-14.

04-Jan-20
A couple years ago my cousin and I were at Cabelas looking at Muck boots. The pair I wanted was $120. I told my cousin that I was going to hold off since we had to pass a Tractor Supply store on the way home. Got the exact boots for $100. They were on sale at Tractor supply.

04-Jan-20
Since I have a high instep, the La Crosse rubber boots are all I can wear, all other brands kill my feet after and hour or so of wearing them. I find the Aeroheads to be comfortable for sitting or walking. I wore mine quite a bit the first two or three years for hunting as well as trapping. The zip up feature is nice too !

04-Jan-20
Camofire has Muck boots today (1/4) for $89.00. Pretty good deal.

04-Jan-20
Muck

04-Jan-20
Mucks are very comfortable but last only a couple of years up here. Mine are on their second year, and with my logging, are really ripped up but still stay dry in the snow.

04-Jan-20
Rogers Sporting Goods has LaCrosse Alphas in 800gr brown color for $89.95.

05-Jan-20
I am a Muck man but do note that the soles have separated from the upper after a couple years’ use on the last 2 pairs I have bought. My older pair has ripped uppers (not their fault I woodcock hunt in thick stuff with them) but they have not come apart in their over 5 years of use.

• Sitka Gear