Bou'bound 05-Jan-20
BTM 05-Jan-20
BowJangles 05-Jan-20
Snuffer 05-Jan-20
Rut Nut 06-Jan-20
Jake 07-Jan-20
RK 07-Jan-20
02-Jan-20
Just saw where 3 cougars were killed in Az while feeding on human remains.To my knowledge nothing has been released about the cause of death of the person.Lewis

02-Jan-20
Not “while feeding on”, but human remains were found in scat.

Whether they killed the humans or scavenged the remains, that’s a problem. And it has been dealt with permanently - aided, no doubt by the fact that these cats showed no fear of the Responders.

Bad problem; right answer.

02-Jan-20
Got link to story?

02-Jan-20

bluedog's Link
Here ya go...

02-Jan-20
I don’t cbs news reported on the story this morning Lewis

02-Jan-20
I killed my lion in the Catalina Mountains. That is some truly rough country to hunt in! Shot mine in mid march of 2015. I was only the 2nd one to check in a lion in that district for the year at the time. Very hard to kill one in that dry ground terrain. Plenty of lions there for sure.

02-Jan-20
The idea that a wild predator develops a acquired taste for human flesh is a fallacy. The only reason a predator will consume human flesh is because of opportunity....not because they enjoy it. On the contrary this has been disproven in areas like Africa and India where man killer cats can be a problem.

02-Jan-20
Yeah, the bizarre part of the story is: Where and whom are the remains? Migrants? Lost hiker? Serial killer? They say that the cats scavenged them, but how do they know? This story has more holes than my socks.

02-Jan-20
X2 franklin

02-Jan-20
Drug deal gone bad. Happens all the time in that area.

02-Jan-20
I think that predators that discover how easy we are to catch might find hunting humans convenient... and it sounds like the cats involved had an unnaturally limited fear of humans.

I don’t care if eating people is habit-forming or not; pretty much in favor of summary execution for 1st-time offenders.

It sure would be interesting to find out who it was that got et, though....

02-Jan-20
"Drug deal gone bad. Happens all the time in that area." Just curious, speculation or am I missing some part of the story? I have a friend works for PD in a town near Tucson. I'll reach out to him.

03-Jan-20
"Drug deal gone bad. Happens all the time in that area"

Yeah, 50 yards off a major hiking trail and within sight of houses. You have been missing a lot lately.

03-Jan-20
My buddy says there may have been foul play. Looks like the body may have been dumped. Still very strange that it was dumped and subsequently fed on. I can't imagine what the person thought when he/she found a body, and 3 cats. That's the stuff of nightmares there.

03-Jan-20
WoW that's crazy to read

Thanks for the link

Good luck, Robb

03-Jan-20
Matt, if you don’t think that is possibly drug related I’ve got something for you to smoke.

03-Jan-20
I was at that trailhead last year, its a park entrance area, with gift shop, restaurant, etc. There could easily have been foul play there. A lot of people come and go.

03-Jan-20

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
It's at the base of Mt. Lemmon. Rugged country, and cat country.

03-Jan-20

Loop Road, with trailheads leading up into the foothills.

03-Jan-20

Up there looking down at the edge of Tucson residential area. Gives you an idea what this country looks like.

03-Jan-20
Neat pictures! Gives a better idea of the terrain.

03-Jan-20
Good perspective photos. I hold firm on a drug deal gone awry. Maybe a mule...maybe a thief...maybe someone used someone and was just "done" with them. Anything otherwise is possible and I admit that, but it smells of a human that no one in the area was missing. Probably from south of the border.

03-Jan-20
My wife's cousin lives there, I'll try to find out if she knows anything about it.

03-Jan-20
Am guessing the cats were a mother and 2 offspring?

03-Jan-20

04-Jan-20
Looks like Police have arrested somebody in relation to the death.

05-Jan-20
Weird the cats would scavenge on a human. They must have been hungry

05-Jan-20
My money would be on hunger as a motivation for feeding as well.

05-Jan-20
https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-man-arrested-mountain-lions-devouring-human-remains

05-Jan-20
This story is nuts!! Drug deals, dead bodies, stolen cars, man eating cats. It’s got a little something for everybody.

05-Jan-20
Cant slip anything by ole bou. A real cat sleuth expert..

06-Jan-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo

07-Jan-20
I think the Tuscon game and fish spokesman was on drugs

"Lions eating human remains is not normal ... they typically prefer live prey," Hart said. "Research shows that if they eat human remains they are more likely to attack humans in the future." - Tuscon Game and Fish spokesman Mark Hart

07-Jan-20
LMAO.

When if ever has the state of Arizona had mountain lions feeding on dead humans that they did not kill themselves ??

There are NO experts in Arizona on this subject !!

Mark Hart needs to point out what course in school taught him all about this situation

Arizona is NOT Africa

• Sitka Gear