Scrappy 03-Jan-20
PECO 03-Jan-20
JTreeman 03-Jan-20
Pyrannah 03-Jan-20
djb 03-Jan-20
02-Jan-20
Anyone hunt with Iowa Trophy Whitetail Outfitters considering a hunt with them

03-Jan-20
I just looked at their website. Please take your money somewhere else. The high fence operations in iowa is helping spread CWD into the wild deer herds. Allimakee county is one of the county's that they have been doing big deer kills trying to slow the spread of the diseases.

I know I didn't answer your question and I assume you are going on a guide free range deer hunt but just something to think about when you are getting ready to spend your money.

03-Jan-20
I have no first hand knowledge of this outfitter, but I too browsed their website. I see ABSOLUTELY no mention of high fences or breeding programs or anything that would lead me to believe this is high fence. So why was the “look elsewhere” “high fence is ruining everything” etc brought up on the very first post by someone who admittedly has no first hand knowledge of this particular outfitter. Maybe I’m confused, and I’ll be the first to admit if I’m looking at the wrong outfitter or missed the high fence part on the site, but it seems like to me that negativity towards this outfitter (for no apparent reason) holds no merit. I just don’t get all the instant negativity on this sight and it is really wearing thin.

To the OP-I hope you get some useful info come someone who has first hand knowledge. Not instant negative bias who admittedly knows nothing of the outfitter you specifically asked about.

—Jim

03-Jan-20

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Jim dont be so quick to be negative. You must have looked at the wrong outfitter or I am. Because we dont have elk in Iowa.

03-Jan-20
I looked at a "Iowa Trophy Whitetail Outfitters" website also and saw these same elk pictures. There are a few outfitters with this name. Put up a link to the one you are interested in, that should help us.

03-Jan-20

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
Then ask stated I could certainly be wrong, my apologies. The first thing that came up when I googled looks like a family run semi-guided type hunt. And I checked the name and website twice before posting. I suspect the outfitter I saw was what he was asking about and it is in the whitetail sub-forum.

—Jim

03-Jan-20
jim, you both seem to be on the same website. Jim, on the link to the left, it looks like elk are offered?

Maybe i'm just adding to the confusion...

03-Jan-20
I have no knowledge of this outfitter but from their website it looks like they offer high fence hunts for elk and the deer hunt is not high fence but is on leased farms.

• Sitka Gear