SmokedTrout 04-Jan-20
BOWNBIRDHNTR 06-Jan-20
Bowhunter555 06-Jan-20
Pyrannah 10-Jan-21
Jasper 10-Jan-21
steve 11-Jan-21
Pyrannah 11-Jan-21
03-Jan-20
Thinking about using Kenetrek boots Extreme 400 for whitetail hunting. I need extra ankle and foot support due to surgery that stopped me from hunting this year. Could anyone with any experience with these boots tell me if they should give me enough support.

03-Jan-20
I have been very pleased with mine. I have one leg and a prosthetic and these boots have been a godsend. good luck

03-Jan-20
Been very pleased with my mountain extremes. Plenty of support in ankle and arch.

03-Jan-20
Been extremely happy with mine!!!

03-Jan-20
I love mine!

03-Jan-20
^^^ Ditto.

03-Jan-20
They are solid Randy. Bought them for out west but use them some here in pa. Will definitely sturdy you up.

Now Randy, if your using this thread to convince your wife you NEED them, we’re glad to help! :)

03-Jan-20
Are you tree stand hunting in cold temps?

03-Jan-20
Couldn't hurt to have some helping the convincing Dept. Thanks for the replies.

03-Jan-20
Couldn't hurt to have some helping the convincing Dept. Thanks for the replies.

03-Jan-20
Look at Euro Optics, good prices!!

04-Jan-20
They are my sheep hunting boot. Should give you great support>

04-Jan-20
Love my 400 extremes but not a big fan of the hard scrabbles. Not sure why but they kill my feet.

04-Jan-20
Love my 400 extremes but not a big fan of the hard scrabbles. Not sure why but they kill my feet.

04-Jan-20
Yes, I tree stand hunt. In cold weather I plan on using boot blankets over the boots.

04-Jan-20
A great solid boot, they don't fit me right, but that doesn't mean they aren't a great boot!

Have you tried them on? is there a store close by that sells them? Try before you buy, I had a lot of heal slippage when I tried them on, I went with Lowa Tibets…

Good Luck!

04-Jan-20
Lowa Caminos and Kennetrek Hardscrabbles for me. As stated above - find someplace that carries them and try them on. Getting boot advice is good, but everyone’s feet are different and what some people rave about will not work for your feet and vice versa. If you’re going to tree stand hunt and worry about warmth - pack along a pair of the Artic Shield boot blankets and you’ll be all set.

-Mitch

04-Jan-20
Great boots, if you get them I would also get their waterproofing boot wax and apply liberally at least twice a year, Ive never had any issues. Everybody feet are different - some guys absolutely hate them. For me they are the most comfortable "shoe" I own.

04-Jan-20
There great boots. I have the insulated and uninsulated Extremes. They fit my feet like a glove. They're a little stiff at first until you get them broke in. Go to your local dealer and try them. Like stated some folks don't like them. Shoes fit people's feet differently.

04-Jan-20
I love mine. As stated there is a little break in time, but once broken in they are awesome. Just about ready to order another pair myself. I have 7-seasons worth of elk hunts on them with multiple pack-outs along with countless training hikes.

04-Jan-20
Love my Kennetreks. I have the uninsulated and use them for elk, bear, spot and stalk deer etc. I don't think you need to spend that much money on a pair of boots to just sit in a tree? They are worth their weight in gold for mountain hunting but seem like a waste of money for tree stand. I'd get something warmer.

04-Jan-20
Mine killed my feet, I bought the 400s but should have went uninsulated as I use them mostly for archery elk, I think my feet sweat too much and would give me blisters! When it's really cold they seem alot better and dont bother my feet! Crispis are my go to boot for elk now! Love them

04-Jan-20
I liked my Mountain Extremes when I first got them. But I pretty much wore them out with 3 months hunting mountain goats. They started squeaking, and I actually wore a hole in one of the uppers. I ended up using moleskin under the lacing to reduce the squeaking.

Granted they got tough use. Lots of rubbing against granite then a month and a half attached to snowshoes or crampons. And I must say my feet were comfortable on rough terrain.

06-Jan-20
I'm not looking to endorse one brand or sound like a fan boy but just felt I could give a few valid opinions for you 555. I have a plate and 8 screws in my ankle due to a very dangerous hunt....stepped on ice while shed hunting and broke my leg with my a$$....lol. After surgery I knew I needed to look into some quality boot with great support as I wear boots EVERY day.

I started with Meindl Denali's and another model, maybe Alaskans but not sure. Both were comfortable for me but did not seem to hold up as long as I'd hoped.

Now I currently have 4 pairs. Three of which are mentioned above. Here' my take: 1. Kennetrek Mountain Extremes 400g. I can wait for cold weather to wear these boots. Extremely comfortable for me. I wear them deer and pheasant hunting and doing snow removal. 2. Lowa Camino's. These took the longest for me to break in but I have a screw that was causing most of the issues. These are now my everyday work boot. Also worn on a coues/muley hunt in Arizona. Very comfortable for me. Have been worn the most (everyday at work when it's warm) and still in great shape. 3. Kennetrek Hardscrabble's. I don't like the fit as well as the others but still has great support. These have become my boots I wear to go out and occasionally to go hiking in warm weather. 4. Lowa Tibets. Pretty comfortable but a bit heavy and warm in the summer and no insulation for winter. I wear these mostly for early season pheasants as I do prefer a taller boot most of the time.

Best advice of all those is to try on as many pairs as possible. Get something that feels like it has the support you are needing and then give them plenty of time to break in and feel comfortable.

Good luck, Jeff

06-Jan-20
Thanks for all the good info. I will be trying on a few different kinds in the weeks ahead. I am still healing and soon to get out of boot so just walking normally will be a great start. Thanks again.

10-Jan-21
I tried a pair on today

Wow, very impressive! I tried the hikers on they fit amazingly well with superb construction

10-Jan-21
Love my Mountain Extremes!!!!

11-Jan-21
Bought a pair of extremes, three months toes were sticking out of both boots. Personally took them to their headquarters/store in Belgrade,MT. They would give me no satisfaction whatsoever. They would not pro-rate,replace them or give me my money back. Not good for a $400 pair of glorified high top sneakers. Will never own another pair, not because of quality[quite possibly,and most likely just a fluke pair] but because of absolutely the worst customer service I've ever experienced with sporting equipment in my life. And I've been at it for 46 years. 3 months out $400 , not good !

11-Jan-21
good to know!

• Sitka Gear