tembow 04-Jan-20
Highlife 04-Jan-20
wyliecoyote 04-Jan-20
tembow 04-Jan-20
drycreek 04-Jan-20
wyliecoyote 05-Jan-20
tembow 06-Jan-20
03-Jan-20
I found an active wallow mud hole today with fresh hog tracks all over....put up a blind and I am wondering what time of day would pigs come to this....58-60 degree days right now here in California....

Thanks Joe

04-Jan-20
I'm going with 4:32 pm today!

04-Jan-20
Naw 4:13

04-Jan-20
OK Brian...you are smart enough to live in Colorado and not California...so i am going with your suggestion...I have a blind setup and will be in it all afternoon till dark thirty (about 5:30 pm)......Your reputation is on the line !! LOL

Joe

04-Jan-20
Haha good luck! wish I had a mudhole I was hunting over today...

04-Jan-20
I’d say about 2:00 am if it was Texas pigs, but then we peck on them pretty good here. That’s why I “hunt” them with a 6.8 SPC with a night vision scope on it.

05-Jan-20
Tembow and HighLife, You guys were both pretty much "Right-On." I got in the blind at 2:30 and at 4:05 3 good hogs and 2 porkers came by and spooked badly like they could smell me...and i had the wind right? About 5:10 (pretty dark) 5 more nice pigs came in and I prepared to shoot...i could see the pigs just fine but inside the dark blind...I could not see my pins!! I tried the sight light and the battery was dead....so I guesstimated and missed.....I moved the blind further downwind, installed a new sight light battery and will be there tomorrow pm......Thanks for your great advice

Joe

06-Jan-20
That is so cool! I've hog hunted several times and once at a ranch in Texas we went when it was full moon. The gravel roads lit up at night I will never forget seeing my arrow from my longbow pass through a big boar and blood spraying in the moonlight. I wish you luck!

• Sitka Gear