Nick Muche 03-Jun-22
MOBEN 06-Jun-22
Charlie Rehor 07-Jun-22
Brotsky 07-Jun-22
GFL 07-Jun-22
MOBEN 07-Jun-22
Charlie Rehor 07-Jun-22
04-Jan-20
A group of us are going to canada this year for a spring bear hunt. What is needed to bring the bear back across the border. I heard an export tag is needed is this correct.

04-Jan-20
Your outfitter will have the tag that you need. When you come back into U S you will go inside and fill out another form and usually be on your way. Only once in 5 trips have I had anyone come outside and even look at our coolers.

04-Jan-20
Manitoba u just need your hunting licence if u bring it back fresh. Not sure of other provinces could be different good luck.

04-Jan-20
Ontario you need 35$ export permit, you can get your export permit at the same place you’re buying the tag Your outfitter should have all your questions answered

04-Jan-20
We will be hunting in Quebec but coming back into the US thru Ontario. Not sure if this makes a difference.

04-Jan-20
Since you asked about Quebec specifically. Quebec requires checking In your bear at a check station before you leave where you’ll get your export papers. Your Outfitter should be well aware of the Quebec procedures which are obviously different from other Provinces so give him a jingle if still unsure. Have a great hunt. C

04-Jan-20
Charlie Rehor where is the LIKE button

04-Jan-20
In Saskatchewan only your hunting license is required to take your bear with you. The hide, skull and meat all require seals that come with the hunting license. If you leave it here for taxidermy then an export permit is required when they ship it. Good luck, shoot straight.

04-Jan-20
Thanks for the info I will check with our outfitter.

04-Jan-20
I have bear hunted Ontario since 2005 . Buy license online or at store that sells license in Ontario. Outfitter fills out Form 33. At completion of hunt ,the bottom half is filled out . You get the top copy of this form . Before you get to border buy the $35 export permit . Simple as that for Ontario. Did this last 14 years . Lord willing will do again in June .

04-Jan-20
For US Customs:

You will have to fill out a US FWL form when you come back into the US. If you are importing your own animal, your hunting license, and ID is all CBP needs to complete the import (in addition to the FWL form).

If you are importing on the behalf of someone else then a cites would be required along with an export form.

09-Jan-20
Been a while since I hunted B Bear in Quebec.I hunted in a ZEC, I registered the kill at the ZEC gate house and then received a CITES permit stamped by Quebec . Don’t know if you still need the permit ? Entered the US through Ontario. But , when I got to the USA customs they told me I needed the permit stamped by Ontario officials, I replied the bear was killed in Quebec and had their stamp. They said they didn’t care, the only way I was bringing the bear into NY, was if the permit was stamped by Ontario. Turned around went to the Ontario Customs, told them the problem, they looked at each other cross eyed , they stated the bear was killed in Quebec, I said I know. They then stamped my cites permit , and then I was able to bring the bear into NY.

I think the US Customs officer was just breaking my balls ?

09-Jan-20
Squash, I had something similar happen when I killed a bear in SK on the last night and recovered it the morning we were leaving. I took the skull and meat with me that day. Left the hide with the outfitter. He lived in eastern Ontario and I would meet him in Thunder Bay when he went home after the season ( I am from Iowa and love the drive to TB). Drove up, met him, had my SK license and seal for the hide. Got to the border told them what I had and where it came from. Went inside, talked to three people who checked several different binders because the bear wasn't killed in Ontario. After 30 minutes of this one of them said, "You're good, welcome home. You can be on your way." They didn't know what to do either.

09-Jan-20
Couple cases of Labatts is required, too. I can send you the address where it needs to be delivered.

10-Jan-20
Are you driving or flying? Hopefully someone can learn from my ordeal. Long story short, I flew to NB and shot a P&Y bear in 2017 and still don’t have it. Nothing, not even a claw. Make SURE you have a clear understanding of the process and what needs to be done to get your bear. I thought the outfitter and I were clear on the details of getting my bear shipped before I got to Canada. I’ve heard every excuse in the book from him and now it’s 2.5 years later and I’ve basically given up. It was an awesome hunt but certainly tainted the experience since I have nothing but a couple of photos and some memories.

12-Jan-20

nehunter's embedded Photo
Just don't bring back the Gall Bladder or Penis bone or you'll be in trouble I brought the Swizzle Stick back (for a friend) and spent three hours waiting for them to fill out paperwork for the siezure. Now I'm red flagged at the Border.

12-Jan-20
They take their job to keep dicks out of the country seriously it seems

12-Jan-20
Never understood why anyone wanted to keep a bear’s pecker. Common reason given is for a swizzle stick. If anybody stirred my drink with one I’d punch em in the head.

01-Mar-20
Rob, I only live 4 hours from Canada so I don't have to have the meat or hide frozen. For some reason the guy who skinned the Bear left it attached. I guess I'll check for Penis's before I cross the border..

01-Mar-20
You can’t bring any bears parts across the border, If is attached to the bear skin is part of the bear so you aren’t breaking any laws

01-Mar-20
Q’Beck No thanks

Once was enough.

02-Mar-20
nehunter I brought the penis bone back from NF (2015) and it was declared on the paperwork. That seems odd.

08-Mar-20
What would we do without Government in our lives with all their regulations and fees.

08-Mar-20
Three years ago I brought a baculum (Penis bone) back from Manitoba through the Pembina crossing and nobody seemed concerned. Last year same crossing I was informed it was illegal. I told them "Just keep it then" they filled out a form, I signed it (Took about 20 minutes) and was on my way. I don't know if that occurrence will have any effect on future crossings.

08-Mar-20
The above responses just beg the question from the border patrol officers.....”is that a bear penis bone in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?!”

09-Mar-20
Stubblebuck - I wish my Penis seizure was that easy. I was put on the Red Flag list. I've been detained every crossing back into USA and had my vehicle searched every time, all 3 times they said it was due to this f'n Penis.

They denied and revoked my "GOES" card that allowed faster crossing and TSA approval. I'm in the process of reapplying for the GOES card again. I was denied the first time and waiting on 2nd request. Say NO to PENIS BONE!

09-Mar-20
I brought the bone home with no problem last time I went. Don't think I will be chancing that again after these stories

09-Mar-20
nehunter.... I haven't been back to Canada since the penis issue however I did travel to Singapore a few months later and returned without any problems using the Global Entry kiosk at the Newark Airport. I guess I'll find out if there are any consequences come this spring as I'm headed back to the same bear hunting outfitter in Manitoba. Where did you cross when you were "Caught"? Did you argue with them at all? As I mentioned I was crossing at Pembina (North Dakota). I didn't argue at all, just said "Keep it" and didn't mention that I had brought one through a couple of years before.

17-Mar-20

Penis Revocation Letter
Penis Revocation Letter
Stubbleduck, I said same thing, I have no use for it you keep it. But the person was stubborn and kept me in their office for 3 hours, no cell phone use allowed. I logged onto the Global Card GOES and this letter says its been revoked. I received no formal email or letter. I was just renewing it when I saw it. I'm red flagged at the border crossing due to this, searched every time.

17-Mar-20
NEHUNTER...Sent you a PM

17-Mar-20
Just out of curiosity how many Canadian bear outfitters were aware of the prohibition regarding bringing a black bear baculum (Penis bone) across the border into the United States?

17-Mar-20
In BC it is illegal to posses paws, penis or gall bladder separate from a hide or carcass anyway.

17-Mar-20
Ambush...so penis attached to hide is allowed? That makes the whole issue even more absurd...

17-Mar-20
The rules were made years ago to prevent selling bear "parts" to the Asian market and stop/reduce poaching for profit.

18-Mar-20
in 04 i hunted black bear in quebec and had all my proper paperwork trying to get back into the U.S. with my bear. after 2 and a half hours with customs i thought i was going to have to ask for asylum to get back into my own country.

03-Jun-22
OK just crossed over from Ontario with a bear I harvested in Quebec. You must have your registration form stamped on the Canadian side before you declare it on the American side.

03-Jun-22
Awesome! Thanks!!!

06-Jun-22
Checked a bear in the eightys and the female US border agent asked me if I felt like more of man

07-Jun-22
Just as most states have their own procedures most every Province is different. Study the Provincial guidelines in advance, print them out and store them in your hunt travel file in case anything comes up. When your prepared passage is easy.

07-Jun-22
Bringing it back from Ontario is super easy. Stop at any license agent and get the export validation permit. They will check it at the border. It probably took t-roy and I about a minute to get through. It wouldn't have taken that long but t-roy is a known penis bone smuggler.

07-Jun-22
I had a knife made with oosik bone in the handle. Aka walrus penis.

07-Jun-22
do they still take a tooth?

07-Jun-22
Some do, some don’t. Every Province is different like every state.

• Sitka Gear