GLP 05-Jan-20
hawkeye in PA 05-Jan-20
Shuteye 05-Jan-20
DanaC 05-Jan-20
lawdy 05-Jan-20
franklin 05-Jan-20
crowe 05-Jan-20
05-Jan-20
Thinking about a pair of the Maine boots that are vortex/ thinsulate, looking for guys who wear them. Are they good for cold weather? Comfortable? Thanks

05-Jan-20
I have worn these boots for 21 years. On my 2nd pair. With adjusting socks a bit I can wear them from about 65 down to 30F while stand hunting. Colder than that I go to my lacrosse alpha burlys

05-Jan-20
Standsitting and not a lot of walking ...good choice. Way better then most of the rubber jobs guys love wear

05-Jan-20
Bought my first pair in 2003, still using them, bought another pair for backup. Love them for longevity and comfort. They keep me warm down to 25-30. Because they have no lugs like other boots they can be a little slick, about like most rubber boots I have worn. They are worth a try! I really like that you can feel what is under your feet pretty decent.

05-Jan-20
They are my go to hunting boots for 30 some years. For me 25 degrees and above, below that I use a boot blanketing with them if stand hunting.

05-Jan-20
When my dad was in his 30's he bought a pair of L. L. Bean boots with a life time guarantee. He sent them back a couple of times over his life and had them rebuilt. When he passed away, two months short of being 98, he still had his Bean boots.

05-Jan-20
LL Bean makes other boots than that 'classic'. Like this - https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/123336?page=men-s-storm-chaser-boots-5-lace-leather&bc=&feat=storm%20chaser-SR0&csp=a&searchTerm=storm%20chaser

I opted for boots from 'Propet' -

https://www.propetusa.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=4E934AEBE0BD4BDFBF399DFCFC863068

05-Jan-20
I have 3 pairs, sheep skin lined, 6 inch uninsulated, and a pair of 10 inch thinsulate insulated. The 10” are my main boots. They are on their 3rd resolving. Use boot blankets over them when it gets cold if I am sitting. The best still hunting boot I have ever used.

05-Jan-20
The only part I don`t like is drying them out....if you are in an area without a boot dryer you`re screwed. Like GLP stated the tread isn`t the greatest. If it were me I would look into a Schnee`s pac boot.

05-Jan-20
I love my main huntng shoes! 10" uninsulated, double up in socks and im good to below freezing a few degrees. I wear them early September bear hunting and on into November. After that I usually switch over to my Dunlop purofort boots if its getting cold and or snowy. Im very happy wth the ll bean boots.

• Sitka Gear