Paul@thefort 06-Jan-20
sitO 06-Jan-20
Shuteye 06-Jan-20
06-Jan-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Yard Hopper goose hunt 4, Monday January 6th.

I have not hunted since before Christmas and this year's goose season is different. Early snows, early freeze up pushed a lot of the geese south and even changed their patterns around Ft. Collins.. Currently there are some local geese working the area which that I am targeting. They will start to fly around 8 PM so I will be leaving the house in a few minutes. The blind is set so all I have to do is place the decoys and then see what happens. Hopefully, Chase will get his mouth rapped around a goose this morning. HEY, I know he will get his mouth around a few treats! Here we go, hunt 4.

06-Jan-20
Good luck and Happy New Year!

06-Jan-20
Go get 'em Paul! Good luck to you and Chase!

06-Jan-20
There have been quite a few more geese flying down here in the Boyd Lake area recently so the snowmelt has definitely helped. Hope you have a great outing today Paul!

06-Jan-20
Good luck Paul. Excited to see some pics!

06-Jan-20
Get em Paul and Chase! Need to hear about some action to lighten up winter!

06-Jan-20

the set up this am, and out of the wind gusts.
the set up this am, and out of the wind gusts.
gave a look but flew past
gave a look but flew past
ZERO opportunities this am. BUT, as I arrived at the pasture at 7:00am, thinking I had plenty of time to set up., there were 30 geese within 40 yards of the blind already there. Needless to say, they flew away and did not return.

I did have three geese take a look but passed by. The wind picked up with big gusts. Very few geese in the air. Maybe tomorrow more. my best, Paul

06-Jan-20
Love the wilderness setting, Paul! :)

06-Jan-20
Yep. it is only 5 minutes from home and when the owner is home I get coffee and cookies. :) Actually, a 200 years ago, this area was part of the wilderness but as you noticed, things have changed and I am not sure the geese have.

06-Jan-20
Is it legal to shoot geese with a Xbow?

06-Jan-20
Brad, I did not know you had a Xbow!

06-Jan-20
Better luck tomorrow.

06-Jan-20
Those geese are getting the best of you this year Paul! ;)

Good luck tomorrow.

—Jim

06-Jan-20
Well, here is the killer Jim, ie, "geese getting the best of me" . On the way to town an hour ago, ie, 3pm, I ran past the goose pasture and there were at least, 70 honker there and most in range of the blind. Maybe I would hunt the PM and not the am. Paul

06-Jan-20
With the wind down there today your arrow may fly off target. I just came thru there at 2:00pm and it was howling!

06-Jan-20
Hahahahah, they are taunting you Paul!

—Jim

06-Jan-20

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
These snow geese are showing up here now. I took this picture while I was standing in my front yard.

06-Jan-20
Paul, I'll be down in town for the next week so text me if you want me to deliver some hot tea and scones to your blind. Or whiskey. Oh wait, I forgot you have an old steam-powered flip phone... ok, maybe send an email? ;-)

06-Jan-20
Lou, just bring some coal for the fire and a pot of water as I might need more steam.

06-Jan-20
Been a rough goose season here too Paul, still good to be "out-of-doors"...keep at'm

06-Jan-20
I don't even think there is a limit on snow geese.

• Sitka Gear