bentshaft 07-Jan-20
RJ Hunt 08-Jan-20
LBshooter 10-Jan-20
T Mac 10-Jan-20
RJ Hunt 12-Jan-20
07-Jan-20

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
I have been messing with heat treating and cycling the steel to get a better edge and hold it well. Been pretty happy with results and it cleans up real well. This one I did a paracord wrap handle (first one) and to keep from corroding if the paracord gets wet I Cerakoted everything under the wrap.

07-Jan-20

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo

07-Jan-20
Looks real nice! Like the way you took the photos too.

07-Jan-20
That is a fine looking knife sir!

07-Jan-20
Thanks Guys. The photos are on my wood pile by my front door. Also used my iPhone. Technology is impressive nowadays.

07-Jan-20
beautiful hamon lines! is W2 a water quench or oil type of steel ? nice work Rob.

07-Jan-20
W2 is a water quench steel. I have used water to quench and test but results for me were very inconsistent. Last year I went to using engineered oils (parks 50) for my “W” series steels (1095 and W2) and getting full hardness and better consistency as that oils is designed for water quench steel.

07-Jan-20
Dang those are beautiful but I'm extremely disappointed. I thought you were going to teach us how to save on our taxes.

07-Jan-20
Nice job on the sheath too!

07-Jan-20
Great job.

08-Jan-20
Thanks scrappy. Kinda like me on the “disappearing PMs” thread. I got all excited to find out how to rid my wife of it. ??

10-Jan-20
Wow, that is a beautiful knife!

10-Jan-20
You are a craftsman great work!

12-Jan-20
Thanks all. Been working on some Elmax hunting blades this last week. Hope to get some done soon. Gonna throw a turkey on the smoker and hang out in the shop. Have a great weekend.

• Sitka Gear