t-roy 13-Jan-20
midwest 14-Jan-20
07-Jan-20

Bucks-n-Bows's embedded Photo
here's the pic
Bucks-n-Bows's embedded Photo
here's the pic

Bucks-n-Bows's Link
So we've all seen the picture of the doe shot in the hind quarters... but this video does present an interesting idea, What do you think?

07-Jan-20

Bucks-n-Bows's Link

07-Jan-20

Bucks-n-Bows's Link

07-Jan-20
I would never shoot at a deer moving that much.......light whistle please

07-Jan-20
Video won't load for me.

Matt

07-Jan-20
I simply can't imagine how an arrow could possibly deflect at that angle from the shoulder to the hindquarter and still go through the deer on a broadside angle?

07-Jan-20
Busta'Ribs X 2. If I hadn't seen the video, I wouldn't have believed it....

07-Jan-20
At first I figured it was just the arrow being captured in flight looking as if it was hitting front shoulder. But after watching it in slow motion. It sure looks like you see the hide move on front shoulder at point of impact. You would think if that was the case there would have been evidence of that on shoulder when deer was found. Article does not say either way.

07-Jan-20
NOT a deflection. No way, no how.

07-Jan-20
JTV this would be a good place to post a picture of your deer. You could show the entry wound! ;)

07-Jan-20
What's the trick to seeing this video? Do you have to be a member of FB to see it? If so, I will pass on viewing it, but my curiosity is peaked.

Matt

07-Jan-20
Hmmmmm....

07-Jan-20
Not a deflection. I dont see any wound on the shoulder as the deer exits.

07-Jan-20
I don’t see a deflection either. Quarter to shot that missed its mark is what it looks like to me.

07-Jan-20
May have been a deflection, but it happened way before impact. Hope he wasn't going for the femoral, but it's a quick kill if he hit it.

07-Jan-20
No deflection

07-Jan-20
It’s actually just a bad shot. If you watch the slow motion closely it’s kind of an optical illusion as you see a muscle tense up from below and move up at the exact same time as the fletching hits the “fake impact spot.” Due to the frame rate of the video it just so happens that the fletching is visible at that exact spot. Just a fluke of video.

07-Jan-20
???????? what’s the question again?

07-Jan-20
It's a ham shot, but they are lethal.... Just ask Chuck Adams...

08-Jan-20
Bad shot

08-Jan-20
Bad shot on an alert deer.

08-Jan-20
Apauls x2

08-Jan-20
Not a deflection. To draw the path of the arrow to show a broadside deflection that hits an animal in the shoulder then manages to pass through both hams would look like a JFK assassination path of the bullet diagram.

I'm with JTV on that its a muscle thing you're seeing at the shoulder.

08-Jan-20
No way is that a deflection from the front shoulder... the camera is positioned to the right of the shooter and gives the viewer an optical illusion of deflection. Although I see the shoulder muscle ball up- my brain doesn't "see" any chance that arrow deflects off the shoulder and penetrates perfectly straight into the ham. Might be an inch or two low of the femoral IMO.

08-Jan-20
Hunter was taking a shot at a moving deer that he was likely not capable of making. Not sure of the distance but there was a lead factor in the shot. Most bowhunters have no idea how far to lead a shot like that.

08-Jan-20
Anyone who thinks that's a deflection has a Road runner vs. Wile E. Coyote understanding of the laws of physics. LOL.

08-Jan-20
NO WAY is that a deflection! Use some common sense here...………………………...when have you ever heard of a broadhead "deflecting" off a shoulder and NOT piercing the skin or drawing blood?! Physically impossible with a pointed tip!

What you are seeing at the shoulder is the arrow nock impacting the hide.

08-Jan-20
If you focus on the arrow during the slo-mo...there is no deflection. Crappy shot, period!

Can't understand why the hunter would ever post that footage...

08-Jan-20
I think that we can all agree that this shot never should have been taken, but I like Rut Nut's deduction with the nock being the point of original impact.

13-Jan-20
Some times you just make a bad shot, Judge not, lease you judge yourself.

13-Jan-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
“THAT.....was one MAGIC loogie”!

14-Jan-20
LOL!

• Sitka Gear