Grey Ghost 16-Jan-20
HH 16-Jan-20
Grey Ghost 16-Jan-20
Trophyhill 16-Jan-20
07-Jan-20

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo

Huntcell 's Link
YES! There here! And in unit 201 of all places. Sure go for the cream of the crop. OMG. Will have to draw in few years before there is nothing to draw for.

Solution to eliminate point creep or stimulus for greater point acceleration.

07-Jan-20
Actually, currently there are 21 Colorado Counties that have signed a County Resolution opposing the introduction. THis action may alert the voting public to study the issue before voting on the issue. my best, Paul

07-Jan-20
Out of 64 counties. Hopefully more reject this idiotic idea.

07-Jan-20
We saw one in Unit 2 last year. Not a shock at all that there’d be wolves in that part of the state. There certainly wasn’t a shortage of elk, either.

07-Jan-20
Goodbye trophy 201 bulls!

My 1st stragedy every elk season in MT or ID is to find out which drainages the wolves been in. Once confirmed, those drainages will have no elk. If 201 has a pack or two those elk will move.

For awhile smart bow hunters will find the wolf and where they have been and that makes targeting elk easy if. . . they stay in GMU. If there are two good packs all those CO PPs are junk for 201.

MT and ID elk hunters who kill elk in active wolf areas will need to be consulted. Its a whole new hunt style once yer in with the wolf. Bulls learn quick . Bugle during daylight equals death by dog!

Welcome CO hunters to a real bow hunt challange. If those pics are accurate of a 201 Dog Hit???

K

07-Jan-20
They've been here in the NW corner for a very long time. The CPW has always been aware. They've not grown mostly because CO won't support many wolves. The fact that they came down and established themselves is one of the best arguments for NOT forcing any more down our throat. Old news

07-Jan-20
They say possibly 6 wolves in that pack. Thats 120 elk per year. I don't think there are that many total elk tags available each year in 201 is there?.

07-Jan-20
There was a confirmed wolf killed elk in 201 today. The CPW northwest office had a press release about it.

08-Jan-20
My bud has been waiting on 201 for a loooong time. 27 Points. Think he's in for a big surprise.

HH~

08-Jan-20
There were 6 wolves north of Hayden a couple of years ago.

Not sure if it’s the same group. Locals had kept it quiet and at least one out of that bunch died.

They could have followed the migration out into that 2/201 country. There is a lot more food to the east of there all the way north of Steamboat when the migrating critters move back up in the hills.

Would be nice if the nonnative invasive wolves would focus on the nonnative invasive horses out there and reduce the population by 90% like they did to the moose and elk in NW Wyoming.

Kind of makes you wonder if they weren’t planted up there by the Wolfies getting a jump start. Hard to believe they crossed all that wide open Wyoming country where almost everyone has a rifle and wolves can be shot on sight, 24/7, 365 days a year, with no license required.

The Wyoming non-trophy designation should carry south into Colorado...

08-Jan-20
You bet these were Gvt raised, paid by donors and Bezos $. Then, dropped in. They knew 201/202 had great elk densities. Thats what the Wolfies look for!

08-Jan-20
“Bulls learn quick . Bugle during daylight equals death by dog!”

Pretty sure wolves hunt at night as well as in the daytime.

And with their noses, I don’t imagine they’re too dependent on bugling to locate a herd.

You guys will have to forgive me for being a bit skeptical about CPW secretly stocking wolves in a prime unit.

08-Jan-20
Any chance that pack being discovered in the NW corner actually helps stop the forced introduction? There's no doubt in my mind that wolves will eventually migrate from the north, there's not much we can do to stop that. SSS, sure, but that's not an effective method and we all know it. Maybe that pack will make an argument against introducing them?

edit - can Stop The Wolf use this to rebrand and put wolfies brains in pretzels? Spin it that introduced wolves will be bad for natural migration of wolves from the north as well as potential devastation for the Mexican wolves.

08-Jan-20

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
The WY Elk herds around the Park are down about 10% based on the JCR's. OR Elk herds are currently doing fine. What has happened here is that the wolves have moved the Elk down to the ag/timber interface country. Most hunters haven't figured that out and assume "wolves ate all the Elk" and that simply isn't true.

08-Jan-20

08-Jan-20
Yer pretty sure huh, GF?

Hunt in Wolf and Grizz country much? Never, is my guess.

They will shut down in daylight and go off right at last light and then Silence.

Love the CT elk wizard!

K

08-Jan-20
"You bet these were Gvt raised, paid by donors and Bezos $. Then, dropped in. They knew 201/202 had great elk densities. Thats what the Wolfies look for!"

Exactly where is this unit 202, with great elk densities, at, Shawn?

Matt

08-Jan-20
If Elk go silent in daylight and tune up at dusk.... that’s not a Wolf thing.

Not unless you hunt where the wolves are afraid of the dark.

08-Jan-20
I always hate when the sleeper units like 202 get mentioned online, even if they are overrun with wolves. I've been applying for 202 for 30 years and somehow still haven't drawn it. Now it's going to be worse.

08-Jan-20
201 for sure

GF You are clueless. What you hunt the hills U of CO one time?

Stop embarrassing yerself.

K

08-Jan-20
Yeah, I'd advise your buddy with 27 points to forget about 201. The wolves have pushed all the elk out of that unit, for sure. Units 2 and 10 have also been ruined by the wolves. His best bet is unit 202.

Matt

08-Jan-20
Im on that hunt with him. We got time, hes got 27 or 28 PPs 2020. I'm quite sure I wont see you up in there with a selfbow any time in this life Teter. Think there are only 4-5 guys above him and that was last year. Wolves will have those bulls scattered after were take a goodun out. I have taken my giant, unless I get a crack at a 400 Utah I will leave this world with a smirk. Maybe go to NZ and take a super giant for grins. Eat his tenderloins and call it a hunt.

K

08-Jan-20
"Will never hunt CO with their current state of affairs. Unless its on Private"

So, were you lying when you said this on another thread, or are you lying now?

BTW, there's a very good chance you might see me up there this year. I'll be the guy flying past you on an e-bike with my compound strapped to my backpack. I'll be sure to wave.

;-)

Matt

08-Jan-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Here is s a screen shot of a current News4 poll about wolf reintroduction on FB. I’m not so sure it would pass when presented to voters

08-Jan-20
That's what they said about Trump/Clinton....

08-Jan-20
You really are a tool. You dont even know your own PP draw in top areas do ya?

I have zero PPs, So, how am i going legally on the hunt?

Yer left wing hate clouds your jusgement young Padewan.

You guys put up with guy here?

K

08-Jan-20
I’m perfectly aware of the PP requirements in NW CO. Unlike you, I also know there is no unit 202 up there.

Go ahead and keep enlightening us with you anonymous insight, ranger. It’s amusing.

Matt

08-Jan-20
Typo

So tell us how does a guy with Zero piunts gets to go into 201 on this hunt.

Quick hit yer Wiki wizard.

Dont tell me im lying you wolf lover. I will never buy another tag to hunt MT State Libville. Yer the type and reason why. I will not miss it one bit. I was humping the western slope while you were getting yer nose wiped back home in Kali , OR or NJ, from CO You aint. I heard about your guide service in the 06-07 time. Teeeerds! You a migrator and the hieght of CO problems.

K

08-Jan-20
57 yr old CO native, who killed his first elk at 15. Any more amusing insights, ranger?

Or should we get back to the subject?

Matt

08-Jan-20
Well that escalated quickly.

08-Jan-20
Yes

Whats the rule for a 201 draw hunter Front Ranger oh, You LOM’d Right, tapped out.

Question remains big Elk Guide.

You dont know cuz ya never drew a big.

K

08-Jan-20
TBM... is that you?

08-Jan-20
Wow!

Matt

08-Jan-20
You boys need to get a room. Quit derailing every thread on this site. Pat, please bring back the CF

08-Jan-20
I promise you that TBM and HH are the same idiot.

08-Jan-20
I don’t think they are the same guy, but likely brother-cousins, or something of that sort.

08-Jan-20
yoop,

This clown was part of the reason the CF was shut down. Why his shit posting is permitted to continue is beyond me. I'll take 100 Gene Jockeys, Blue Dog's, Jimbo's, Catfish's over this ANONYMOUS ARGUMENTATIVE INTOLERANT DISRESPECTFUL "bowhunter" any day. Gee, looks like I posted part of the Bowsite CoC.

09-Jan-20
Clowns

You got more BowLib Clowns who have the membership here fooled than you know.

You have guys here who are actually AntiHunters who some think are gold star posters.

Plenty great folks here but the Deep Bowsite posters are disinformation experts.

Teter is a Wolfer. His latest comments mirror “Living With Wolves” rabid wolfers.

One look at homepage will tell ya all you need to.

Folks you have to understand you have people on here who are antithetical to hunting, bows or gun.

Just here collecting on us for ammo to use in the cause.

K

09-Jan-20
Links or proof to all of the above..... otherwise it's just the nonsensical ramblings of someone that jumped one too many times without popping silk. For God's sakes Pat, Charlie... why the hell is this guy permitted to muck up every thread.

09-Jan-20
Deep state Bowsite. I've seen it all here now! LMAO!

09-Jan-20
You have not heard or seen much.

You guys even bow hunt? Even care about wilves with respect to hunting the Mt states?

Same guys who cried on CF if you badmouthed HRC.

Seems like you same guys just whine when you dont hear what like or agree with.

K

09-Jan-20

Grey Ghost's Link
Actually, my latest comments mirror the CPW and CO Wildlife Commission's official public position, which opposes the reintroduction of wolves, while acknowledging and accepting their inevitable natural migration into CO, and the need for a proactive plan to manage them.

Matt

09-Jan-20
Pro-active plan : Any license hunter can use there elk tag or deer tag or bear tag to harvest a wolf 360 days a year. Wolfs should have at least five days a year to get the hell out of the state unencumbered. All the stake holders want to see wolfs in the move. This plan should see that happing. Nothing gets a wolf moving when so many are interested in seeing them going going gone.

Sounds like a PLAN

09-Jan-20
Exactly GG , you have no thoughts of your own. You are the epitomy of a Group thinker and claim it as yours. Monkees sees hears and reguratates.

Your excepable to wolves now, you will be exceptable to grizz next.

Like i have said before. I will never lay down $ to hunt the Burple stAte of CO.

You’ll wake up 60yrs old maybe, and have a thought of your own.

K

09-Jan-20
LTHOL!!!

09-Jan-20
TBM was an odd one but he at least was comical sometimes and although hard to read at least none of his stuff was completely unreadable without a translator.

09-Jan-20
These wolves have obviously have been in that area for some time as well as where the multiple other sightings across CO have occurred. I'm not totally sure what to make of this press release being that it comes one day after the wolfies get their ballot issue approved. This could have been released at any time. Were they just waiting to see what the actual ballot content showed or what?? I just have a hard time believing these wolves just all of a sudden became known of there.... and why was CPW sitting on that info?? No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just curious as something doesn't add up here to me. Kip

09-Jan-20
What doesn't add up, Kip? The OP's press release was about sightings that were reported late last month. It took the CPW less than 2 weeks to confirm the sightings and report about it. What did they sit on?

BTW, confirmed dead wolves and other wolf sightings in Colorado date back to 2004. It's no secret that some wolves have already migrated to CO.

Matt

09-Jan-20
There are hearsay reports of them down by Crested Butte as well.

12-Jan-20
For perspective for those who aren't familiar with the geography, the closest confirmed wolf pack in WY is about 110 miles north of the CO border. Thats about 4 days for a wolf on a mission or a few weeks for an individual or pack wandering south in search of game or a new home range. No surprise we are seeing them here.

The collared one confirmed last year in Jackson County was from the Snake River pack in Yellowstone about 300 miles away.

16-Jan-20

Bow Bullet's Link
Here's what The Meat Eater has to say.

16-Jan-20
Meat Eater has it exactly correct. I've always liked that guy. Thanks for posting, and I encourage all Colorado hunters to share his thoughts with their ignorant urbanite friends.

Matt

16-Jan-20
That's Rich Teter.

I have almost verbatim made several facts Meat eater states here and you categorically denied them and still do. Now in a nice presentation you boot lick.

Your a really hard bird to figger. Do you have any thoughts of your own? I know your a "control C, control V" guy but common. I have never seen a single thought of your own on here or CF.

"Those in favor of reintroductions are making an organized effort to gather support. Their presentations tend to target college campuses, urban audiences, and second-home owners in mountain resort towns. These people are the least likely to be affected by wolf reintroductions, but the most likely to support them. It’s an intentional and effective tactic to gather support from people whose only understanding of wolves is based on sympathetic nature documentaries. These groups commonly use emotionally charged, scientifically vague arguments that target places like Rocky Mountain National Park for reintroduction."

This is a gross understatement. Meateater should do some more digging. These folks don't need to gain support they have it. From the GVT to Google, Amazon, ASCPA, Humane Soc, etc, etc.

and. . . . . Huge Trust endowments. I'm working on the research of these wealthy Lib donors now. Once you have the financial statement its just research and digging. Connecting dots.

K~

16-Jan-20
There is hun bub about that Wolf.Org wants to drop them in the Black Hills just as elk numbers are getting higher and they are killing them off for habitat management.

Had a discussion with two black hill folks , Hot Springs and Rapid. Both confirmed the Bark biters are on the move to put these Super Dogs back in.

My assuption upon this discussions is they will pen them on the Res in NW Hills and wait. But, you know accidents happen and dogs get free!

Sourh Dakota, you best get your duks in a row as you are next.

No stopping this now im afraid.

Go to Wolf.org

Look at donors, grants, research, reeducation and financials. Once you see how this org is layed out, funded and tax shielded it is easy to see the 5 W’s and it parallels outfits like Move On .org

This Orgs profile is nearly identical most far left liberal politcal outfits. Well funded, well represented legally and tied to education grants, USFWS study grants and on and on.

You hunters are funding this. Call your House Rep and demand accountability and transparency!

Don"t take my word for it, do your own study. I hunt nationwide from Hawaii to ME and do about 200 days in t he bush every year. One thing about working for Uncle Sam for 25yrs i know a chit ton of guys just like myself in about every state. We all hunt, we know GVT BS and agree this Wolf Crap is big biz and they have $ and political backing.

K

16-Jan-20
"I have almost verbatim made several facts Meat eater states here and you categorically denied them and still do. "

Please show the class where I've contradicted anything the Meateater said. Put up, or shut up, ranger. You're embarrassing yourself.

Matt

16-Jan-20
Great post Kana! These organizations are all liberals, and all liberal funded and aimed at chipping away at the constitution and freedom.

16-Jan-20
One need only look at any wolf thread. You are woefully uneducated on the Wolf subject in the USA.

Meateater has done his work. Cudo's to him. Great paper. needs to name names and start making calls. Get statement on the record as to the 5W's of Wolves in CO and elsewhere.

Draw Fire Leg.

K

16-Jan-20

HH's Link
Here are your hippies who dodged draft. Went to college for 10yrs, just so happened it was 1966-1977. Hmmmn?

These are superwealthy hippies who took over places I use to frequent like Ketchum, Big Sky, Driggs, Jackson etc, etc .

Meateater makes note of these types of Wolfers. Who'd a thunk it ? Jeremiah Johnson a super wolfie.

Check link. . . . . These nasty hippies pack a $ punch.

K

16-Jan-20
One need only look at any wolf thread. You are woefully uneducated on the Wolf subject in the USA."

Major take-aways from the Meateater’s article….

1. Since reintroduction of wolves in neighboring states to Colorado, they have naturally migrated to Colorado. I’ve made that point repeatedly.

2. Colorado Parks and Wildlife has recognized their natural natural migration for years. I’ve made that point point repeatedly.

3. Pro-wolfers target small areas where elk are overpopulated in Colorado to suggest a statewide re-intro of wolves is necessary. I’ve made that point point repeatedly.

4. The people advocating reintroduction of wolves in Colorado are “completely detached from nature”. I’ve made that point point repeatedly.

5. The CPW and hunters have successfully managed elk herds for decades without wolves. I’ve made that point point repeatedly.

6. Wolves are managed in Colorado by the USFW because they are listed as endangered species. No biology ballot will change that until they are delisted. I’ve made that point point repeatedly.

8. Wolf detractors use hyperbole instead of biology to argue against reintroduction. Are you still listening, ranger? I’ve made that point point repeatedly.

9. There are areas where wolves and elk coexist without elk numbers bottoming out. I’ve made that point point repeatedly.

10. Nobody can say with certainty how reintroduction of wolves will impact Colorado’s wildlife, or if their numbers will ballon beyond objective numbers. I’ve made that point point repeatedly.

11. Colorado developed a proactive management plan for the natural migration of wolves in 2005, with a “live and let live” approach. I’ve made that point point repeatedly.

13. Colorado should manage wolves the same way they do other species, in the form of hunting and trapping. I’ve made that point repeatedly.

14. Biology not ballots should dictate wildlife management in Colorado. I’ve made that point point repeatedly.

Your turn, ranger.

Matt

16-Jan-20

HH's Link
Non of those you have articulated but rather copy and pasted. Virtually all all you comments have been about process in CO specifically.

You just proved my point. Copied meats statements then " yeah, I said that". Yer gobbler of historic proportion.

Any wolfer will tell and its widely known. Northern Wolves have to pass hunnerds of miles of what they call Big Death to get to southern Rockies. Which they admit is almost impossible today. You don't even know what that refers to! Yer a little nibbler like gnat.

You'll get there one day leg.

I still remembering you commenting on Isle Royale on CF. Your comments were so back asswards it was comical. Since those forced dropped wolves have passed or most have they had to force drop more. I remember you claiming how the Moose herd would be stronger when all empirical evidence is that finite large deer herds can be decimated by just two packs in a short number of years.

Do some work on yer own. Group think is for Liberal citidiots.

It really looks like Brody has been ready my wolf posts for last 3 yrs.

K

16-Jan-20
Seek help, Shawn, I'm not your enemy, you are. I'll pray for you.

Matt Teter

16-Jan-20
I know where i'm going in the end. No coming back from that.

Save yerself NAP

Non Airborne Personnel.

Don't worry leg , you keep up with this Ranger you may get to go where I'm going when I hang up my jungle boots.

K

16-Jan-20
Wow!

Pat, are you following this? C'mon man!

Matt

16-Jan-20
GG point #9....... Yellowstone backs that up perfectly

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear