tobywon 09-Jan-20
Spiral Horn 15-Apr-20
Bou'bound 15-Apr-20
ki-ke 15-Apr-20
Spiral Horn 15-Apr-20
Highlife 16-Apr-20
Highlife 16-Apr-20
07-Jan-20
Anyone’s plans for a Mideast area hunt changing due to recent uptick of government activity.

Remember watching a show with Jim Shockey hunting in Iran.

07-Jan-20
I decided to go turkey hunting in Nebraska and tailwater fishing in Wyoming instead of my usual annual bowhunting trip to Iran for Shemagali goatsheep.

07-Jan-20

08-Jan-20
Ive hunted in both Iraq and Afghanistan, skip it. Poor quality...lack of trophies. its been overhunted now for 20 years. Plus the elite have gotten into long range shots with drones and hell fire missles...can't complete with a 5.56 or 7.62.

08-Jan-20
I drew my tag as usual. Can’t wait!!

Matt

08-Jan-20
Where the prey shoots back? Sounds like fun....

08-Jan-20
3....2....1.... for HH's literary response.

08-Jan-20
Captain America has been over there the whole time brudda.~

CC

08-Jan-20

08-Jan-20
Currently too hot over there for me but I heard the weather will be much cooler during the nuclear winter.

08-Jan-20
Everything is cool just don`t fly commercial over Iran....God rest their souls.

08-Jan-20
I've heard those goats are no challenge anyway. They are conditioned to the Natives...they come walking backward, right to you! ;^p

08-Jan-20
I was gonna go, but I heard the #1 target "animal" recently got taken out! ;-)

08-Jan-20

ahunter76's embedded Photo
Me & two brothers served in Nam era. If you think it's fun in an area where they shoot back you've played to many video games. I also have son-in-law & close friend that served in Afghanistan & it's only worse.

08-Jan-20

Abndoc's embedded Photo
Abndoc's embedded Photo

08-Jan-20
I knew when i opened the thread there'd be some comic relief. And, I also knew there'd be someone who misunderstood that and take task. Usually it is the OP of the thread. sometimes not IT was not this time.

But, on a bright note, between the last month of Busta-ribs's educational comments and, the guy that gets rubbed wrong by a comment, the off season is starting early.

08-Jan-20
WV, the off season is always a little off !

08-Jan-20
I’m gonna wait for 2-3 of those “nuclear winters”. Should start seeing more non typical genetics by then.

08-Jan-20
Good grief...our world needs to lighten up. I actually did serve in Afghanistan and Iraq multiple times. Of course it’s no fun to be in an area where people are shooting at you, but if you think we didn’t make jokes about it while there and home your way way off. I doubt anyone on here actually thinks this post is serious and know the majority of people on this forum have nothing but love and support for our armed services and this great country we live in. Stop taking everything so serious...it’s ok to joke and laugh...it’s what got us through the hell that is war and I promise you last night when those missiles were launched there was a lot of jokes being made by our service members that were there. Laughter cures all when dealing with the crap that’s goes on there. I had a platoon sergeant that was completely worthless as as a combat soldier. The worst I ever saw, but he made sock puppets of everyone in the platoon and you would see one on various patrols or hidden around the base. Funny...terrible soldier but his humor and jokes brought a lot of us home...taking the seriousness out of many situations was healthy and I will always be thankful he was there to assure a smile was always around the next corner.

08-Jan-20
Having served and been a volunteer fireman for 42 years, humor helps when you see what we see. Our chief has seen 14 fatal fires, one involving 4 kids. I have seen some gruesome stuff, but you do what you were trained to do. The worst for me, a baby drowning. The parents were stoned and drinking as the 2 year old fell off the dock. I did CPR on that baby all the way to the hospital. Didn’t make it. Some funny things happen too. We got toned out for an accident last winter, and when we got there, we headed for the car with a bloody woman trapped inside. She, with a deep voice informed us that he/she was HIV positive. You never saw a bunch of first responders do a 180 so fast and get the coveralls and face shields on.

09-Jan-20
Hunting in Iran and hiking in Afghanistan are two things that never quite made my bucket list.

09-Jan-20
Ahunter, I was being sarcastic. No fun I'm sure... '....don`t fly commercial...' Yeah, didn't work out too well for Soleimani.... Coward was using passengers as human shields.

09-Jan-20
No, but my wife's best friend died in that place crash. Fricken tragedy.

09-Jan-20
I’m with abndoc on this one

09-Jan-20
That is sad APauls. My condolences to your wife in losing her friend in such a tragic way.

09-Jan-20
They got him after he disembarked from the commercial flight he was on going to Iraq. But the crash of the one bound to Tehran from Ukraine...is that the one you are talking about? Very sorry to hear that apauls, my condolences.

09-Jan-20
Adam, that's horrible....so sorry to hear!

09-Jan-20
There is much more to the story on the crashed plane. Someone aboard they wanted dead.

09-Jan-20

Huntcell 's Link
The Ukraine International Airlines flight was carrying 82 Iranians, at least 63 Canadians and 11 Ukrainians – nine of which were crew members – 10 Swedes, four Afghans, three Germans and three British citizens, according to Ukraine’s foreign minister.

There has been some back and forth about the nationalities of the passengers likely because some had dual citizenship and Germany has claimed they're not aware of any German citizens who were on the plane.

Ukraine is looking at Russian interference in causing the crash.

09-Jan-20

I guess I came off a little to harsh. Sorry about that. Yes, humor gets us through a lot in tough times. I was a Navy Fleet Marine Corpsman (Doc) & I had a bag of humor in my medical bag to pass out in the real tough ones. It's not always what we see that gets us, it's what is never forgotten.

09-Jan-20
Lawdy at least he/she gave warning before hand, few years back on a motorcycle vs deer victim didn’t say anything until after he was packaged ambulance service had gotten lazy didn’t even have gloves on.... I’m also volly fire 12 years so far.

09-Jan-20
I was incorrectly thinking this flight was going to Tehran from Ukraine. Very tragic, all the families with children having to suffer this tragedy. I truly hope it was not intentional buy the Iranian regime. That will lead to a more war-like situation. Prayers to all those impacted, esp. you and your wife, and her friend and her family, Apauls.

09-Jan-20

midwest's Link
Sounds like this plane was shot down now...

09-Jan-20
Mid east? You mean it might effect Connect-e-cut live hunts????

09-Jan-20
TD, no....that would be far east :)

15-Apr-20
Since the OP asked what looks like an actual hunting question, status of some common Mid-eastern hunting destinations (not considering temp COVID-19 issues)

Iran = currently closed to US hunters. It’s a shame too - many unique species of Wild sheep and goats. Pakistan = open, with great hunting for Urial Sheep, Sind Ibex, Markhor, Blue Sheep Azerbaijan = open, great Eastern Tur Hunting Kyrgyzstan = open, Hume Argali and Mid-Asian Ibex Tajikistan = open, Marco-Polo Argali and Mid-Asian Ibex Russia, Caucasus Mountains = open, Kuban and Mid-Caucasian Tur + Caucasian Chamois Turkey = Bezoar Ibex and Konya Sheep

15-Apr-20
Is there any hunting in uae

15-Apr-20
Yes Bou, the girl on the right....

15-Apr-20
I only know of one UAE hunting operation. It is a big estate but the do offer hunts (including bowhunts) for Arabian Oryx 2x species of Gazelle.

16-Apr-20

16-Apr-20

• Sitka Gear