drycreek 08-Jan-20
Paul@thefort 11-Jan-20
spike78 11-Jan-20
08-Jan-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Hunt 6, Wed, January 8. 6:22 am. Cooler this morning but nice for this time of year. Will move SE to the hill, opposite of where I have been hunting near the house and wear the Gilly Suit and make a natural blind. I like this area with the sun at my back and I can see a a lot better. Just need a few geese to land. Chase the wonder dog is ready. He is always ready. my best, Paul

08-Jan-20
shots will be fired...…………. good luck Paul

08-Jan-20

Chase and I was ready when the sun came up
Chase and I was ready when the sun came up
ready as usual
ready as usual
I had this feeling that someone/thing was watching me.
I had this feeling that someone/thing was watching me.
the mule deer buck left after he figure we were no threat
the mule deer buck left after he figure we were no threat

08-Jan-20

mr squirrel was having fun
mr squirrel was having fun
Spring is coming. Newly arrived red winged blackbirds.
Spring is coming. Newly arrived red winged blackbirds.
more geese flying this am than yesterday, BUT.......
more geese flying this am than yesterday, BUT.......

08-Jan-20

I remember where I was a year ago on this date. January 8th. AZ coues buck hunting. Next year for sure. Paul
I remember where I was a year ago on this date. January 8th. AZ coues buck hunting. Next year for sure. Paul
So here is the rest of the story: 8:30 am a flock of 10 geese is behind me. I call. They turn and head in with most wings out and feet down, (shot gun range). But they veer off and leave. DAm, close.

I waited until 10 am and pick up half the decoys and took them over to the pond blind. I am picking up the rest and here come 4 geese and they really wanted to land in the pasture but with a big dumb guy and a black dog stand there in the wide open, well you know that happened. =========they are gone. O-well, another day. I will wait until Saturday for the next hunt. my best, Paul

08-Jan-20
Standing out in your decoys brings them in every time!!! Good luck Saturday!

08-Jan-20
Stick with it Paul & Chase. Try putting out some green outdoor carpet. They'll dive right in thinking it's green grass. It'll work. Promise!

08-Jan-20
You are having some bad luck this year Paul. New rule, when you think it’s time to pack up wait another 30 min ;)

Good luck Saturday, will be looking forward to the report.

—Jim

08-Jan-20

Jim, no doubt it is different this year compared with the last 8 years, especially the last 4-5 years, where I killed at least 10-12 geese per season. The early 14 inches of snow we had over a month ago remained on the ground, and the early freeze up of the lakes forced the geese to seek different surrounding than where I have been hunting. Another facts was the pond 1/4 mile up the road what was allowed to remain open in places with air jets (shut them off), froze over solid. That one pond held a lot of local yard hoppers when all others were frozen. THe pasture use to have taller grass this time of year, but the new owners are doing two cutting in stead of one. I can goose hunt until mid Feb, so I know I will get out a few more times and most likely have a few opportunities. Paul

08-Jan-20
The "process" can be just as much if not more fun than the kill. I'm sure Chase enjoys all time spent with you in the blind as well.

It is nice to give the dog his due reward with the retrieve though. I've had plenty of good dogs give me the stink eye after a miss lol. Keep after em guys.

08-Jan-20
Paul, if you have access to a black pool cover, you can spread it out to look like the pics above. Place dekes on and around it just like open water. I don't know how long they would stick around if they land right on top of the tarp though. Keep at it.

08-Jan-20
Chase is loving the outings even if no birds are taken. Good luck next go around.

08-Jan-20
Good luck!!!

08-Jan-20
Dang it Paul !

11-Jan-20
On Saturday morning, tomorrow, will be yard hopper hunt 7. Stay tuned and hope for some action. As stated before, this is a very different season to hunt the local yard hoppers. Paul

11-Jan-20
Good luck Paul! I will be predator hunting.

• Sitka Gear