greenmountain 30-Jan-20
TrapperKayak 30-Jan-20
Jerry Leblanc 31-Jan-20
keepemsharp 31-Jan-20
RK 31-Jan-20
bowslinger 2 31-Jan-20
SteveB 01-Feb-20
08-Jan-20
Our local Dick's is closing the hunting section and putting in kayaks. Band news for the future, but for right now, they have 30% off everything bowhunting related.

Ah well, Amazon here I come.

TMBB

08-Jan-20
That might actually be a good reason to shop there! LOL.,,

They sure don’t give me much else to work with!

08-Jan-20
They carry a lot of junk in our area.

08-Jan-20
All the Dicks around here (Denver area) flipped that Lib switch almost a year ago. Have had NOTHING hunting or gun related for a while now. Good riddance.

08-Jan-20
They sold their Field and Stream store here to Sportsman’s Warehouse..... That’s great news for us..... The first thing Sportsman’s Warehouse did was to bring back all of the black rifles that Dicks refused to sell in Field and Stream.......

08-Jan-20
They’re building a new one in Tyler, Texas, which is the closest one to me. I very much look forward to driving by and flipping them off, except that it’s next to a Dillards and I ain’t lost anything there either.

I guess Tyler finally has enough diverse population that they think it will go. Who knows, Starbucks seems to be making a go of it. :-)

08-Jan-20
Dicks is Gar Left Idealogs. They had good biz in Southeast.

No more folks wont buy socks in there now. Only way the coming back in south is to give away free battle flags of the South.

Academy sports is bigtime. Now in Hawaii yer screwed! No big outlet sports stores.

To many Jap pacifists in state Gvt.

K

08-Jan-20
Not even worth the drive

08-Jan-20
Yea Dicks here out of hunting bus.

Had great buys on some other things. Batteries at Costco for 13.99 were 10.99

Brooks running shoes 60% off

Costco here had some Nike stuff cheap but I don't buy Nike

08-Jan-20
Dick`s is pulling out everywhere....lol

09-Jan-20
By name alone I'd never step foot in there.

09-Jan-20
Dick's, not Dicks.

09-Jan-20
^^^^ I’d agree they’re Dicks as well!

09-Jan-20
Not interested in Dicks.

09-Jan-20
Got mine, I'm good. No more dicks for me

09-Jan-20
Sign in window at local gun store:

WE SELL AR-15s. WHY? BECAUSE WE'RE NOT DICKS.

10-Jan-20
Funny, but the Dick's stores here in Mass. still sell guns and ammo (last time I checked.)

If enough people do NOT buy hunting stuff there they WILL drop the whole department. Is that what you really want? Really?

I figure that anyone who buys their AR-15's at a chain store is a dam' fool anyway.

10-Jan-20
They didn't just stop selling black rifles, or even stop selling guns in general.

They personally hired anti 2nd Amendment lobbyists to go after gun rights in DC. For those who were defending them saying no big deal, not selling firearms was just an accounting or business decision.... let that sink in a bit.....

10-Jan-20
Changing their name to DICKLESS here in NY !

11-Jan-20

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Changing their name to record high stock price in New York

We can call them whatever we want they seem to be dealing with it fine.

11-Jan-20
They don’t want to compete with themselves ...considering that Field and Stream is a subsidiary of Dicks sporting goods. Looks like they covering their hunting bases very well.

11-Jan-20
IMO anytime a firm stops being part of the hunting business hunters are losing support. Even though I do not agree with some of what they did and do not want to defend them I do see them dropping out as a lose. Hopefully others will get in. I can think of nothing better than for every store in the USA to carry some hunting supplies.

12-Jan-20
In Dicks now buying indoor soccer shoes for my son, the place is packed. Going to put in a purchase order for a hundred shares for tomorrow morning.

12-Jan-20
It saddens me when a company makes a decision based on politics and the workers there just want to do their jobs. I have had knowledgeable folks help me over the years. I hate to turn my back on them because the top officials are dicks.

12-Jan-20
The top officials are charged to build shareholder value. That is called a fiduciary responsibility. You can disagree with them but they are fulfilling their responsibilities fairly well it seems. Those workers are more safe and secure under this business model apparently than they were in the prior days of declining revenue and heavy G&A reductions.

12-Jan-20
I give Dicks, 2 more years most.

They will fold

12-Jan-20
Treestand

Would you care to elaborate on the basis for your prediction?

12-Jan-20
if anything they have invested more into the outdoor end of their business considering that the field and stream is also owned by them. The latest store they in my area is right next and attached to dicks and has a larger hunting, archery and firearms section then any dicks had.

12-Jan-20
Just curious as I don't have a lot of knowledge of the subject, but don't a lot of business's graphs look like that right now with the record stock markets and whatnot? Was the causation of dicks rise due to dropping firearms and attacking the 2nd, or can it be correlated to other factors?

I figure hunters/shooters are going to spend their money, if not in dicks they'll help someone else out. I don't see sportsmen not buying equipment just because a certain store stopped carrying what they want.

13-Jan-20
Catscratcher. My take is nothing to do with firearms at all, everything to do with the economy right now. For example my sons winter soccer league is totally full, so much so that there was try outs this year because to they couldn’t fit everyone in. This a 2400$ spot for a 16 week season with the inside field time. The fall and spring leagues which are outdoors and way cheaper, same thing totally booked. Your either making the team or traveling to find a spot. What I am getting at is there is some disposable income out there right now. As for Dicks I walked around with my son after picking out his indoor shoes and took notice of what departments were busy. They all were busy except for golf and hunting, the hunting section quite as a grave yard.

The direct opposite is was true last week at field and stream store in Latham NY, lots of people in the store, the firearms counters especially. Fishing section as well. On the other end of the store is Dicks, the women’s fitness and all the teams sports sections were busy. I am also seeing an up tick at my gym with it being a bit more attended as well. With Dicks now up to 27 Field and Steam store it’s look to me the are moving the hunting stuff into a more profitable venue while freeing up floor space in Dicks for more of the items that sell better in dicks.

13-Jan-20
Dicks is selling off Field and Stream. That income will boost bottom line and financial ratios for folks who look only at stock value for a companies health. Another measure is, you know.... sales..... they were down for 2019. After pretty decent gains several years in a row prior. Plans for new stores...... now several store closures. Expansion plans of new stores shelved.

Honestly, I'm sure it's not all guns and that debacle, although even Dicks admits that hurt them. Brick and mortar in general is having a hard row right now with online growing hand over fist. It was thought they would perform better with the elimination of Sports Authority from the market but that hasn't proved to be the case. WRT their stock prices.... they really had no other way to go but up after being down a good deal. But you can only reshuffle the deck chairs so many times before it's clear the ship is having issues. Sales are expected to drop for the second year in a row after climbing the last 5 years.

If claims of their decision WRT firearms was to be a good one.... sales certainly are moving the other way, and sales charts can point to precisely that point in time. They didn't have to do a thing but try and run a good company, but felt like Gillette and others.... having to grandstand their virtue signalling. Getting woke gets them praise at cocktail parties, pandering and preening to their inner circles. But it's being shown, get woke go broke. Sit down, shut up and sell what folks are asking for, not what you think they should have or not have. Sell a good product for a fair price and say thank you for your business. It would seem customers spending money don't care for being lectured by high minded elitists, even when, you know.... it's for their own good. I know they will never get a dime from me.

Nooo.....I'm not bitter about them and their anti 2nd amendment politics. I just hope they (as a company) die like rats from it...... hopefully as an example of just how many hardworking deplorables with discretionary income are out there that buy things..... look down your nose at your own risk.....

13-Jan-20
Don't give a crap about their decision to not sell the black guns. When they hired lobbyists to push for gun control, they went over the line. If you support Dick's, you support more gun control.

23-Jan-20
Dick's lobbyists are pushing gun control.........enough said !!!

True outdoors, hunters, shooters, gun nuts, ect...... need to avoid Dick's.

Plain and simple !

23-Jan-20
Stock prices are up for Dicks because of the recently signed trade deal with China. This has opened the path for a friendly takeover by a very, very wealthy Chinese businessman.

By summer all the Dicks will become Wangs.

23-Jan-20
There's several Dicks here in Tulsa. Some live in the town North of us.

24-Jan-20
Have not been in that store for years. never really cared for them. Academy was always better.

24-Jan-20
Have not been in that store for years. never really cared for them. Academy was always better.

24-Jan-20
Even if it were 90% off, I wouldn't step foot in that store.

24-Jan-20
Ambush for the WIN!

26-Jan-20
Our local Dicks Sporting Goods just closed it doors for good.

26-Jan-20
Jerry. Thank God. You guys got lucky. Who was their biggest competition where you live

26-Jan-20
Local Field & Stream just sold out to Sportsman Warehouse, which stocks lots of handguns and long guns. And an OK archery shop. Parking lot is always full, but not so before the change.

30-Jan-20
I wouldn't step foot in a Dicks store if everything was 110% off. I drive by one here in occasion and I honestly don't know how they're still open. There's never any cars in the lot. I enjoy that.

30-Jan-20
I have a 1 gallon Dick's Sporting Goods plastic bucket I use for taking kitchen scraps to the compost bin. I was looking at it last night and seriously considering throwing it on the brush pile and burning it.

30-Jan-20
The crazies won a round but they have disarmed before declaring war. Maybe we will stop electing them. Crazies sell a world where they,government, will protect us at only the cost of more taxes and less freedom.

30-Jan-20
'Local Dicks...' Yup, got that right, why say anything more.

31-Jan-20
No real competition for most of what they sell (maybe Amazon). But a nearby Cabela’s and Bass Pro have to be hurting the hunting and fishing sales.

31-Jan-20
Go into a Cabelas now and it is MORE and MORE and MORE fishin.

31-Jan-20
Yea. Bass Pro infiltrated cabelas pretty hard. I always liked bass pro better anyway. Variety of reasons, none of which would matter here

31-Jan-20
That's what happens when there is a women CEO. Portland Maine is out too.

01-Feb-20
Dicks also buying Golf Galaxy stores and growing that way. I just used my last $50 gift card there and am done.

• Sitka Gear