Trial153 12-Jan-20
10-Jan-20
Looking to hunt Newfoundland for spring Black Bear and looking for an outfitter

10-Jan-20
Portland Creek outfitters.

10-Jan-20
Ray's Hunting and Fishing Camp

11-Jan-20
Wondering what NF has over New Brunswick for black bear?

11-Jan-20
NF bears bigger than NB

11-Jan-20
if I was in Wisconsin driving to newfoundland to spring hunt bear I would hope my truck ran out of gas around central New Brunswick near Dave coles TSI OPERATION

11-Jan-20
Yea, I sure as hell wouldnt pass up NB to go to NF.

11-Jan-20
New Brunswick gets a lot of spring bear pressure. It's an easy and relatively inexpensive hunt for the east coast. Newfoundland gets very little bear hunting pressure by comparison. If you want a chance at a really big bear I would drive right through New Brunswick and hunt NL. If I didn't care about a big bear opportunity I would hunt NB. Here is a good example. A couple of years back I know of an instance where the Wildlife division in NL darted and tagged a 600 lb sow.

11-Jan-20
If you hunt with the right outfitter in New Brunswick, you have a real good shot at taking a really big bear. I would recommend talking to Dave Cole at Trophy Safaris International. I know you asked about Newfoundland but figured you may want to save s little gas money.

11-Jan-20
I fish Newfy every summer. I have seen some really big bear there. We have more bear here than we need, and some big ones, but nothing like the monster I saw last summer while I was fishing an interior pond up on the Northern Pen.

11-Jan-20
I'd look seriously into Dave Cole at TSI. Just search Outfitter Reports and prior black bear harvest posts to see what his Camp consistently.

Good luck wherever you end up going.

12-Jan-20
Also, you can get 2 bears in NL if that matters. NL is a beautiful place.

12-Jan-20
How many hunters per week does TSI take in?

12-Jan-20
8-10

12-Jan-20
This has me intrested im whats the avg p&y bear from NB vs NL is. I havent sat a bait sight for bears in years so i am not sure why i am so curious. I always thought a spot and stalk hunt for blackies in NL would be cool in the spring however guys i know up there tell the densitys are too low. I have always went to the west instead.

12-Jan-20
I'm pretty certain that TSI has a higher percentage of 400# bears taken annually than any other outfit in the Province.

He's got 3 or 4 listed in the province's record book; including the number 1 archery bear (21 9/16) that my wife took in 2018.

12-Jan-20
I don't know about the density, but there are a lot of bears and a lot of Big bears. From my experience, I would have to say their density is pretty high. It seems there are not a lot of outfitters that specialize in baited spring bear hunts. Spot and stalk hunt in the spring would be tough, You would be in the thick timber you can't see any distance and the wind swirls constantly once you get into the trees. Best time to do spot and stalk would be the fall when you can catch them on the barrens or bogs eating berries. Newfoundland is probably one of the best kept secrets for big bears in Canada. The trick is to find a guide or outfitter that spends the time with them.

12-Jan-20
That bear your wife killed is a TANK Rick !!!

12-Jan-20
So who in NL specifically focuses accommodating Bowhunters for Big Spring black bears?

• Sitka Gear