midwest 17-Jan-20
GhostBird 17-Jan-20
deerslayer 17-Jan-20
KSflatlander 17-Jan-20
Rut Nut 17-Jan-20
LBshooter 17-Jan-20
11-Jan-20

Huntcell 's Link
Don’t know the truthfulness of the article that states “Mark Zuckerberg has an unconventional hobby: hunting wild boars with a bow and arrow”

Well good for him if it’s true. Maybe Don Jr and Mark can get THE DON to give it a go.

11-Jan-20
Cool.

11-Jan-20
I'm not buying it. The way he runs Facebook makes me think he is not the hunter type. Cool idea though, I would like to spend a year only eating what I killed or grew.

11-Jan-20
He’s been hunting for a while and advocates eating wild game.

11-Jan-20
Pretty simple . catscratch . kill a bunch of deer, grow a large garden , learn how to cann & get some laying hens. & stock up on whatever fish is available in your area during the summer .The grocery store gets very little of my $

11-Jan-20
I just don't have the dedication Timex. We honestly buy very little meat from the grocery store either. Like you said; deer duck, quail, turkey, and fish fill up our freezer. We also homegrow beef every year and I tend to buy a 4H pig to butcher myself for the freezer. Things that get me are bacon, ham, tortilla shells, candy, hotdogs, etc. We also spend 3-4 nights a week in a basketball gym watching the kids play. Stadium food kills me in the winter! As well as going out once in a while.

11-Jan-20
I get to fish year round here in Colorado, went ice fishing yesterday morning.

11-Jan-20
CF reaction would have been great.

11-Jan-20
Do you really want one?

K~

11-Jan-20
Not as much as you, lol.

11-Jan-20
This is not new news, not sure if is sad or funny that people question it.

11-Jan-20
nice to see some positive press for bowhunting

11-Jan-20
True, it is good to have some positive press.

11-Jan-20
Just an example of why stereotypes and pigeon holding people is wrong

Hes a large liberal who hunts

11-Jan-20
I remember when there was a thread about Madonna advocating hunting and eating game, in her case it was birds. Some on here went ballistic that she was speaking favor of hunting, calling her "trash", etc..., angry that someone like "her" would be identified with "us". SMH...

11-Jan-20
Yep, I jumped to conclusion about something I don't actually know about. I developed an opinion when he shut down selling firearms and farm animals on Marketplace, as well as taking down certain hunting pics on Facebook. Throw in the fact that I don't really trust much of the media to be accurate and without spin and my first reaction was apparently wrong. I retract my doubts of him and his support of hunting.

11-Jan-20
I just hope he does not donate tons of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to the reintroduction of the wolf, like Tim Farris did, to the sum on $100,000. And Tim has only hunted once and only on the MeatEAter show.

11-Jan-20
I seriously doubt Zuckerberg supports any hunting other than his own. Support means just that, support. That’s the typical lib stance, what’s ok for me is not always ok for you. Like movie stars and politicians with armed bodyguards telling me I have no right to carry a firearm. I could be wrong of course.......

11-Jan-20
So who do we like? We don't like Zuch cuz he is left wing, we don't like Uncle Ted cuz he is right wing. Just kidding I like Uncle Ted.

13-Jan-20
He votes with PETA. If they can't stop us at the ballot box, they'll get in wolves. Liberals and population will do in hunting. Maybe not in my life time, but in the not to distant future.

Bowmania

13-Jan-20
!

13-Jan-20
We don't like Zuckerberg because he is probably a liberal, and we don't like Ted because he is definately a jackass. With Uncle Teddie, we KNOW it is all high fence.

13-Jan-20
Zuckerberg probably hunts by hog drives. That's why we hate him.

13-Jan-20
I seen an interview he did a while back talking about gathering organic wild meat

13-Jan-20
I think some of you need to remember that we should take support wherever it comes from.

Who has a better chance of changing hearts and minds of millennials? One of us with maybe a couple thousand ig followers, or Mark Zuckerberg, with millions of fans all across the globe?

You guys are nuts if you think we are going to find deep pocketed, well connected supporters that agree with everything we do, heckvwe cant even agree amongst us and we are pretty like minded here

13-Jan-20
^^^^^This^^^^^^

13-Jan-20
Pretty much my point ^^^. We are quick to judge, and condemn... based on emotion and not logic. Hell, we have hunters wanting to outlaw hunting!?!. United we will not fall because United we will not be. We have a common enemy who is easy to identify, and we spend our time fighting amongst ourselves.

14-Jan-20
This site has suddenly turned into another empty minded episode of the overnight radio show "coast to coast"

14-Jan-20
Going to be a lonely drain circle if you think you can afford to turn everyone that isnt 100% like minded into an enemy. How the hell have we fallen so far that we no longer place any value building commonality?

14-Jan-20
Non Group Thinkers are leaving FB like its the black death.

K~

14-Jan-20
Hmmm really?? he is probably just collecting enough information to destroy and own all things...

14-Jan-20
Crossbow for sure...………..

14-Jan-20
No idea on whether he does or doesnt... Article suggests he does so great. I'd view that as a great thing. Hopefully it's true.

I think there is a increasing number of folks who see hunting as a legit way to get healthier food. And it's not traditional "hunting culture" of folks, mostly rural, who grew up with it. It's folks from all over who never had even a sniff of it, but want the healthiest food they can get their hands on and who understand the health benefits of time spent in nature. So hunting just fits. It's really cool to see how many of my "hipster/hippie" friends, folks that view Bernie Sanders as to close to Hannity, that want to try hunting or are very open to it and would love to get some venison or wild turkey given to them or better, try hunting it themselves.

Maybe it's the leading edge of a new push which will help move hunting forward and protect hunting for the future. Sure hope so. Numbers help.

Also, Ghostbird wins the internet :) ha ha ha!

14-Jan-20
“Going to be a lonely drain circle if you think you can afford to turn everyone that isnt 100% like minded into an enemy.”

Definitely worth repeating. Great post Trial 153.

14-Jan-20
If he's a bowhunter then one form or another he is ally of ours. Hunters of any kind can't afford to be making additional enemies.

14-Jan-20
I don't think anyone is saying we adopt him! However he is a hunter and has access to a HUGE population of people that your average hunter/conservative doesn't. If stories of him hunting get out and people think about it when they wouldn't normally, then great.

14-Jan-20
I don’t follow Zukiey closely . How staunch a liberal he is or isn’t ?

At least he takes bow in hand and is killing stuff and eating it.

that’s a opening to the real world of food that most liberals never had and can’t even imagine. Certainly his being a hunter has to have some affect to Zukies views on other stuff social and political.

The other side he could be pouring millions of his wealth into the hardcore anti hunting endeavors. Hopefully he keeps hunting with a bow.

14-Jan-20
Ricky Gervais is a PETA licker, and a pain in the ass to hunters...but, I sure enjoyed him making Hollywood Heads explode at the Golden Globes!

Finding common ground...it's a good thing for the Country, sometimes! ;^)

14-Jan-20
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and will reserve judgement until more info is available. Until then, I will remain skeptical and won’t call him one of “us” until I see/hear him DEFEND hunting to his liberal, PETA friends!

Would LOVE to see him on one of the GOOD hunting shows like MEAT EATER!

14-Jan-20

Matt's Link
"Until then, I will remain skeptical and won’t call him one of “us” until I see/hear him DEFEND hunting to his liberal, PETA friends!"

Attached is a link - from 2011 - referencing that he did just that.

14-Jan-20
“This year, my personal challenge is around being thankful for the food I have to eat. I think many people forget that a living being has to die for you to eat meat, so my goal revolves around not letting myself forget that and being thankful for what I have. This year I’ve basically become a vegetarian since the only meat I’m eating is from animals I’ve killed myself. So far, this has been a good experience. I’m eating a lot healthier foods and I’ve learned a lot about sustainable farming and raising of animals.”

Actually, it sounds like he is defending sustainable FARMING........................I see nothing there about HUNTING!

And I don’t get this sentence at all.................”This year I’ve basically become a vegetarian since the only meat I’m eating is from animals I’ve killed myself.”

How are you a VEGETARIAN if you are still eating MEAT???

14-Jan-20
long stretches between killing something = vegetarian

15-Jan-20
Well, I don't think that's most people's definition of "vegetarian". In my book, if you eat ANY meat, you are NOT a true vegetarian.

15-Jan-20
NEVER trust these people! if I saw him in the woods I would give him a 20 yard head start (quartering away)

15-Jan-20
He probably has a few Yeti coolers, and dresses in Under Armor and bought all of it at Dick's.

15-Jan-20
I’ve heard the Indian definition for Vegetarian is “poor hunter.”

15-Jan-20
Rut Nut, "This year I've basically become a vegetarian since the only meat I'm eating is form animals I've killed myself". Could be interpreted as self deprecating humor. Not a vegetarian by choice, but by necessity because he hasn't bagged more game.

15-Jan-20
That quote was the from the link just above that Matt provided. And taken in context, Zuckerberg was talking about animals he has killed and eaten, but not necessarily HUNTED- he mentions chickens and a Lobster that he killed and ate and he talked about raising his own produce. I saw nothing there about hunting.

15-Jan-20
"And I don’t get this sentence at all.................”This year I’ve basically become a vegetarian since the only meat I’m eating is from animals I’ve killed myself.”

He is defending the killing of animals.

Look, you can continue to come up with reasons to disbelieve that Zuckernerg hunts or is supportive of hunting, or you can pull your head out of the sand and spend 5 minutes on Google and search public record.

Or you can go on conjuring up beliefs that align with your political world view because it makes interpreting life simpler.

17-Jan-20
Cool if he hunts. Sure not a bad thing. Never met the man, only seen public clips. Probably not the best way to size up a hunting partner. But....

Ted is fun. I'm huntin' with him..... =D

17-Jan-20
Per the above discussion: This comes to mind when I think of larger masses of the population coming to the conclusion that hunting for and eating healthier foods like game meat and wild fish is the way they want to live. Can you imagine the vastly increased pressure on those natural resources that would result? Even just an increase of a factor of 10x would mean major changes in game allocations for eager hunters and significant overcrowding in the field. Our natural resources are not limitless and I can never imagine a larger portion of the population relying mostly on wild game and fish for protein sustenance. Farming of domesticated animals still needs to be the major supplier of protein to keep the masses alive. Hunting should/will never grow beyond the limits imposed by sound game management. But, with large increases in people wanting to participate, increased political pressure to provide opportunities could spell major disappointments for many of us. Tags would be much harder to obtain, overuse of the land /off road travel, more people competing for each desired animal, etc., etc. ... Just a hypothetical notion but not all that attractive in many ways.

17-Jan-20
I don't care if they don't participate as long as they can respect those that do.

17-Jan-20
OK, so maybe he hunts... but does he do it using an electric bicycle???

17-Jan-20
AZ~Rich, 100% right!

It amazes me how many bemoan dwindling hunter numbers but seemingly fail to realize higher hunter numbers create higher competition for tags, spots, etc,, which they also complain about.

17-Jan-20
"I don't care if they don't participate as long as they can respect those that do. "

Good post Midwest and worth repeating. I'm always bewildered at folks that say they are against hunting with a mouth full of chicken nuggets.

17-Jan-20

Look, you can continue to come up with reasons to disbelieve that Zuckernerg hunts or is supportive of hunting, or you can pull your head out of the sand and spend 5 minutes on Google and search public record.

Or you can go on conjuring up beliefs that align with your political world view because it makes interpreting life simpler.

Politics? LOL! That has nothing to do with it. You’ll have to excuse me if I am skeptical of a billionaire who takes up something new every year as a New Year’s Resolution kind of thing. One hog hunt does not make you an avid hunter, or a “defender” of hunting for that matter.

If anybody has their head in the sand............... ;-)

17-Jan-20
Who cares if he hunts, he's never going to publicly support hunting. If he does fine, but, don't hold your breath. Just like with politics, people don't care what celebs have to say or do.

• Sitka Gear