11-Jan-20

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Brush snagger
Brush snagger

Huntcell 's Link
I know wide with droopy ears.

13 year old Alberta boy does good.

If you open the link to article keep scrolling down for some reason first paragraph starts out with mentioning Rampola ?????!

Next paragraph goes into the actual story of young boys wide buck.

:::::::::”The buck got within 30 yards of the young hunter before he shot his single shot Harrington & Richardson rifle, dropping the big buck in its tracks.

The buck weighed 320 pounds field dressed and had a 10-point rack that taped out almost 32 inches wide and 28 inches tip to tip. “:::::::::

A little tidbit in article caught my attention :::::”he has shot a Boone and Crocket deer every year since he was 16.”::;;:::

He referring to father, that seems like a big number of Booners. Article doesn’t give the age of father. but say for example: he shoots his first B&C at 16, the 13 year old son was born when father was 19, then that’s like at a minimum 19 if not more Boone and Crockett whitetail for this father as reference in the article.

I am thinking something got lost or turned around between the interview and actual writing of article. If not 19 plus Booners that would be a story in itself.

11-Jan-20
Thats super, congrats to that kid.

11-Jan-20
Why does my attached pictures coming on Bowsite like that Pat ?what’s going on. I save the pic from the article to my phone and then link it to Bowsite, like I have always done with no issues but the last two photo I attached appear like ghost .

11-Jan-20
Fantastic !!!! Not only WIDE WIDE WIDE,,,,,, But 320 pound dressed !!!!!

Wow !!!! Congrats to the young man !!!!

11-Jan-20

Try again with pic

11-Jan-20
His dad shoots a Boone and Crockett buck every year. Wow! Lucky hunters.

11-Jan-20
If his dad actually has killed 19 B&C whitetails and done it in consecutive years. That is a story in need of telling!

11-Jan-20
It all boils down to crops, land access, or bait piles in Canada. Not much hunting pressure as compared to the Midwest.

11-Jan-20
Yep. That’s all it takes. Pretty much, just have to walk up and club em in the head, if you’ve got those three things...Geeez!

Congrats to the young man as well as his dad. That many Booners in a row, with a bow would be even MORE impressive, IMO.

12-Jan-20
I've hunted Canada a few times T-Roy and got a good feel for it. Very few deer per sq mile and if you had a good crop field, every deer for miles would visit it. The province I hunted did not allow baiting

12-Jan-20
Thats a fine buck and congrats to the young man, but pardon me for not believing it will go 320# dressed. That is the size of a decent Rocky Mt. Spike bull elk, and I have a hard time conceiving that. Just ain't so IMO. If it is I'll eat my hat. Id need proof to believe it. Sorry.

12-Jan-20
I was thinking the same thing Trapper. Either the deer is at a deceiving angle in the photo or that kid goes about 290 lbs.

12-Jan-20
Great deer, young man!

12-Jan-20
Congrats to the hunter and that’s all I have to say about that Lewis

12-Jan-20

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Another pic of it....

12-Jan-20
That's a big animal. I killed a 233 pound buck in Ontario one time and there was one hanging next to mine that dwarfed it. I never found out what it weighed but I would not doubt that it weighed 300 pounds or more. My buck was just average weight for the area.

12-Jan-20
Hmmm, another wide buck with droopy ears... ;-)

13-Jan-20
Are the names a coincidence?

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/alberta-man-fined-80-000-for-illegal-wildlife-hunting-1.377337

13-Jan-20
I saw that yesterday too timberdoodle. I just had to google a guy’s name that shoots a booner every year, or claims to. I was disappointed. Seems like some pretty big charges

13-Jan-20
Ya, while you hate to pick on a kid, dad gets booked for $80,000 in illegal hunting fines, apparently killed a booner every year for 19 years and the story says he was sitting in a blind and dopped it in it's tracks 30 yards away. Yet in the on site trophy photo, kid is wearing jeans, and obviously so cold in the snow that he still has a hand up his sleeve. If he was sitting and hunting he'd be dressed for the warmth. Considering dad's ethics, I give it a 1% chance that buck was shot legit. Window rest most likely. Whole situation just doesn't add up. I've hunted northern AB, there's a lot of tire tracks ringing every bluff when the snow flies.

Sad thing is the kid is the one losing out here.

13-Jan-20
Im guessing the Son was home in Bed while dad was out Driving around poaching, then went home to get the Boy for some " Kill Pics"...….

13-Jan-20
Egos drive that disorder...it sucks. Hope the kid goes in the other direction instead of following in Dad's footsteps.

14-Jan-20
The article about the $80k fine was from 2009 and said "Duhamel is also prohibited from holding recreational hunting, guiding and outfitting licences and from any guiding or outfitting activity for 10 years."

IF it is same guy the other articles said ' Steve said that since he moved to his current residence, he has shot a Boone and Crocket deer every year since he was 16." So either it not the same guy or he admitting to hunting during his 10 year ban.

14-Jan-20
I wonder why wide racks get so much attention. It's just air. If that buck had the same amount of bone but was only 22" wide, it would hardly get a second look.

14-Jan-20
Midwest- because it is rare for a whitetail to be that wide. It has nothing to do with the score

14-Jan-20
I also don't see 32" there either. Unless that thing has mulie ears.

14-Jan-20
"Duhamel will be unable to hold recreational hunting, guiding and outfitting licences and is prohibited from associating with or engaging in any guiding or outfitting activity for 10 years. Duhamel was not a member of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society, which is a requirement of all guides and outfitters in Alberta."

If this is the same guy and it happened in 2009 as stated then the 10 year ban was just lifted this year and voila' another giant buck.

15-Jan-20
A guy named Duhamel saved me alot of money and got me back on the road outside of Sudbury on my first day driving to Montana when I moved there in 1978. I ran over a rock in the road (at night, thought it was a dead raccoon) and he towed my car 30 miles, welded my oil pan and gas tank, and refilled it, all for $80. Good man! Duhamel's Fina Service.

• Sitka Gear