The last savage 12-Jan-20
huntnmuleys 12-Jan-20
Scar Finga 13-Jan-20
Jasper 13-Jan-20
SBH 13-Jan-20
lewis 13-Jan-20
Rut Nut 13-Jan-20
11-Jan-20
Dadgum it after missing out on Az elk with Bigdan in 2018 because of a blownout knee which I had replaced in July a new trip was planned for this upcoming year.Well we all know how that plan changed.So fast forward I have been working out doing very good and thinking about planning another trip.

Then something crazy and rare happened I freaking dislocated my surgically repaired knee Wednesday afternoon after working out and taking off my shoe. I can not describe how intense the pain was. I met with an orthopedic here in Florida and this was the first one he had ever seen.

It is sore now but doable but I’m not sure how this will play out. I actually walked over a mile today.Very frustrating. I just had to vent.

Lewis

11-Jan-20
Lots of time to recover between now and Sept. Good luck!

11-Jan-20
Hopefully, you will heal up quickly, lewis!

11-Jan-20
You’re tougher than most. You will come out on top Lewis

11-Jan-20
Damn lewis, that’s not good ! When and if you get in the tall and uncut, you might want to think about some kind of brace. My right knee decides to try something other than what I plan every now and then, and I limp for about three or four steps and it gets back right again but God forbid I would hurt it worse when I’m a long way away from my ride. Good luck with it !

11-Jan-20
Thanks all and good luck to you all Lewis

11-Jan-20
There was guy that tried to climb Everest with a recently replaced knee and he had the same issue. It kept popping out if he got his boot stuck in a rock or snow. He had stretched everything out so much it was popping out constantly....had to throw in the towel.

12-Jan-20
Careful. The biggest problem with recovery after surgery is our ego. We seem to think that because we can do what they tell us to, surely we can do more!

I did it after a shoulder surgery and it set me back weeks.

12-Jan-20
I have been using knee sleeves when hunting, especially elk, to protect, to keep warm, to brace, etc. Really helps a minor sore knee and maybe a major injury to help in recovery.

my best, Paul

12-Jan-20
Man that sucks,work on your quad strength..it really helps to keep everything tight.good luck brother

12-Jan-20
Damn that blows. Knee problems suck. Hope ya heal up fast

13-Jan-20
Good luck Lewis and I hope it heals up quickly!

I have bad knees, so literally feel your pain!!

Take it easy on it and get a good knee brace! I wear one on both knees when I train and hunt. Better to be safe and a little uncomfortable then really sorry in the back country!

13-Jan-20
Praying for you Lewis. Hang in there buddy!

13-Jan-20
Thats a bummer. Still time. Focus your energy into your recovery. Good advice above regarding muscle strength around the joints. Hope your on the mend soon.

13-Jan-20
Again thanks for all the good wishes I thought I had this battle won but reality struck I did stretches today and did ok kinda. I did a lot of research and this happening is incredibly rare. Good luck all Lewis

13-Jan-20
Better days are ahead lewis……………….hang in there! One thing I have learned over the years...…………………….it takes longer to heal as we get older, but the healing power of the human body is amazing! (And as bad as it gets, there is ALWAYS somebody worse off than you! ;-)

• Sitka Gear