drycreek 11-Jan-20
t-roy 11-Jan-20
JRABQ 11-Jan-20
Paul@thefort 12-Jan-20
11-Jan-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
WILD GOOSE BREASTS WITH ORANGE GLAZE

THis is a great recipe for that wild bird you are not sure what to do with. Sweet and tangy at the same time.

First and important. Remove all of the silver skin from the breast. Soak in salt water to remove blood and rinse well.

INgredients:

2 goose breasts salt to taste 1 dash dry vermouth 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 tablespoon grated orange zest(peel) (1 orange= , juice) 1 tp brown sugar 1 clove garlic minced 1 table spoon soy sauce 1.2 tp dry mustard 1/4 tp caraway seeds

Directions:

1. preheat oven to 350. Rinse the breasts in cold water and place in baking dish (room temperature), splash with vermouth and the season with salt, set aside. ( another option is to use this mixture as a marinate for a few hours and then pour over breasts before baking.) 2. in a medium bowl, combine orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, and soy sauce, season with mustard and caraway. Pour glaze over breasts in baking dish.

3. bake in preheated over for 30 minutes, or until med rare, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Baste at least twice during baking.

I served the baked goose breast, (cut the meat diagonally)with cranberry sauce, sweet potato and steamed broccoli, Wash down with red wine.

Bon Appetit. my best, Paul

11-Jan-20
That looks yummy Paul!

11-Jan-20
Looks good Paul. I bet even Rick Embry would approve!

11-Jan-20
Looks delicious!

11-Jan-20
Where the HELL is Chase?!?!

11-Jan-20

where is Chase? Napping and waiting for tomorrow morn.

11-Jan-20
Hope to try your recipe if I can get some ducks in a few weeks. Thanks, Bob

11-Jan-20
No wonder you stay in shape Paul, you eat too healthy ! :-)

11-Jan-20
Looks awesome, Paul! Bon appetit!

And bone appetite to Chase, as well! ;-)

11-Jan-20
Looks yummy! I shot a goose last week, will try something like this soon.

12-Jan-20
badbull, you might want to only bake the duck breasts for 2o minutes as they are smaller/thinner. Easy to over cook. Better to under cook as you can always put them back in for a few more minutes. Paul

• Sitka Gear