RT 13-Jan-20
B&C 14-Jan-20
Trial153 14-Jan-20
Scrappy 14-Jan-20
Scott/IL 14-Jan-20
Trial153 14-Jan-20
Scrappy 15-Jan-20
12-Jan-20
LW has come out with some really innovative stick designs. Super compact and pack-able. With their little J-hook, they could attach to most any stand.

I bet they ain't cheap! Their new 5.5 lbs. stand retails for $500!

12-Jan-20
Those are actually “Lone Wolf Custom Gear”, completely separate from Lone Wolf Stands. Only available direct and everything they have is pricy, but also pretty innovative. If I was a hard core public land hike and hang guy I could maybe justify them, but how/where I hunt not a chance.

But cool stuff none the less!

—Jim

12-Jan-20
I'll bet you're right, JTV!

13-Jan-20
Buy once cry once!! A lot better options out there. LW customs are nice but plenty of others are nice as well and won't break the bank. Shawn

13-Jan-20
I'll stick to my millennium hawk sticks at that price.

13-Jan-20
Nice sticks. And, being alone Wolf, they’ll be extremely over priced.

13-Jan-20

Scrappy's Link
Hawk helium has finally came out with a 20 inch version. I think he said 140 for four sticks. Alot of good feature but I see lots of hardware that can work loose on them. I know everything else I have that is made by hawk the hardware is always coming loose. I would never pay the kind of money lone wolf custom is wanting for their sticks but I do like that they don't have anything to come loose on them.

13-Jan-20
I will have to buy the new Hawk sticks. I’ve got the longer version from last year and really liked them. These are even better. Put an aider on each section for plenty of height when needed.

13-Jan-20
The new 7lb+ Hawk hang on looks pretty good as well.$180.Get 2 plus sticks for price of one LWCG.

13-Jan-20
Hawk makes a decent product for the money. I wish the sticks had longer cleats as they are bit close to the tree for me.

I can’t yet get on board with LWCG yet, these guys just rub me the wrong way and honestly I think the way they handled the naming of the new company is Extremely Low class. That said they are really moving the needle in the light weight treestand game

13-Jan-20
Nice equipment, but I agree with Trial......the Lone Wolf Custom Gear name is a little toolish.

13-Jan-20
Trial153 I wasn't going to bring it up but since you did I will comment on the character of LWCG. The dudes are some serious low life individuals and evidently don't care.

13-Jan-20
For compact, lite weight, packable.....nothing beat some tree steps. I think they are like $3 a piece? I get the ladders and the sticks....use them for the majority of my sets but man if I'm going in aways I'm throwing screw in steps.

13-Jan-20
Double step sticks.... what innovation!

13-Jan-20
Not affiliated with LW? I've seen this a few times with other businesses.

14-Jan-20
The only thing a man has is his name. That was low class, lack of integrity!

14-Jan-20
He was the original owner of lone wolf tree stands. He sold the company (maybe 20 years ago). Part of the sale was retaining the rights to the name. There was probably a no compete clauses as well which since has since expired. Lone wolf treestands has been very successful over the years.

Fast Forward to last year. The original owner and his son open up a new treestand company called Lone Wolf Custom Gear, with no affiliation to the original company.

14-Jan-20
They sold lone wolf and shortly thereafter opened up XOP which just happened to be cheap knockoffs of lonewolf tree stands. They essentially took the money and never got out of the business. Absolutely no character what so ever.

14-Jan-20
From someone that stays mobile about 75% of the time, I’ll probably stick to rocking my 10 year old Lone Wolf Assault and 4 sticks decked out with stealth strips. My only change may be trying out a saddle to see if I like it.

For someone just getting into mobile hunting there are a bunch of new options now to choose from, but I just don’t see many improvements over what I have already been using for years. A lot of really great reviews from the new Hawk stuff and also Out On A Limb.

14-Jan-20
He was the original owner of lone wolf tree stands. He sold the company (maybe 20 years ago). Part of the sale was retaining the rights to the name. There was probably a no compete clauses as well which since has since expired. Lone wolf treestands has been very successful over the years.

Fast Forward to last year. The original owner and his son open up a new treestand company called Lone Wolf Custom Gear, with no affiliation to the original company.

15-Jan-20
They sold lone wolf and shortly thereafter opened up XOP which just happened to be cheap knockoffs of lonewolf tree stands. They essentially took the money and never got out of the business. Absolutely no character what so ever.

• Sitka Gear