Mule Power 13-Jan-20
wyobullshooter 13-Jan-20
Jaquomo 13-Jan-20
Mule Power 13-Jan-20
wytex 14-Jan-20
Pop-r 14-Jan-20
Bob H in NH 14-Jan-20
13-Jan-20
After living in Wyoming I have now moved out of state. Looking to see if anyone is putting in for a general tag and has points they are burning and would let me join the group? Hah I know it’s a long shot but thought it was worth asking. I don’t have any points but hoping to draw a tag this year. Good luck this year in the draws. Going to be interesting with all the changes going in.

13-Jan-20
Good luck! Lol. Never know... Got any SUPER spots?

13-Jan-20
Wouldn't be a bad deal for someone if you know some excellent areas to take them too. Be a good trade off for someone with 6 points in no man's land that wants to draw. Good luck!

13-Jan-20
You’re a little late. We have two group applications in. 4 guys in one and 6 on the other. Each app is based in the points from just two of the applicants. One guy had 9 and another 10!

Keep bumping this thread up and you might get lucky. Maybe offer to pay for the points. Good luck!

And sorry for your loss... of Wyoming residency.

13-Jan-20
Trying to make sense of WY rules! General elk tag means what areas? I assume it's the ones that list "general" in the detailed area info?

13-Jan-20
It’s worth a shot I figured. Unfortunately the area I hunt I have to have my resident hunting buddy take me since I can’t hunt wilderness now that I moved. What a crock. Part of the deal was I get to apply for an elk tag every year. Unfortunately it’s not guaranteed every year for non residents. Thanks for any help.

13-Jan-20
Bob H, you can find all the info you need in the elk regulations. Go to Section 2 , “Regular Hunting Seasons”. Look under the “License” column. If it says “Limited Quota”, it’s a draw area. If it says “General”, then it’s a general area. A general license allows you to hunt any of the general areas.

13-Jan-20
I have the points AND I need a resident guide. Maybe we could work something out. Not sure y'all will want to go where I do but if y'all have a good spot and really wanted to hunt I might not be against that.

13-Jan-20

Mule Power's Link
Bob H that general license is good in 50 “units”. Here’s a link to a map/list of those areas.

13-Jan-20
^^^^ They aren’t units, they’re AREAS! Yeah, I know it’s anal, but to me it’s worse than fingernails across a chalkboard! ;-)

13-Jan-20
^^^^ Or when East Coast hunters refer to Colorado units as "zones" ;-)

13-Jan-20
That’s why it’s in quotation marks Wyo. I know they aren’t units but I use the word that I think newer guys will understand. Well... I also do it to drive you crazy. Hahahaha!

14-Jan-20
Bob you'll be able to buy your General license OTC but will need an archery license too to bow hunt, also OTC. Not sure how many general areas are up near you but plenty down here in the Snowies. Folks hunting the areas hard but you can have a great hunt in general areas if you walk just a bit away from the roads.

14-Jan-20
Pm sent Dakota.

14-Jan-20
Thanks wytex! Looks like the link Mule posted makes it crystal clear! 36/37/129 are in my backyard, hunted 36 a bit this year, WOW lots of people.

Nice to know general is OTC for residents, great! I know I'll be hunting them somewhere even if I don't get the area(s) I want!

• Sitka Gear