thatdoggJake 13-Jan-20
Brotsky 13-Jan-20
wytex 13-Jan-20
WapitiBob 13-Jan-20
Muddyboots 14-Jan-20
13-Jan-20

thatdoggJake's embedded Photo
I took my wife on her first elk hunt last year in Wyoming. She hunted hard and she had a great time. She had such a great time that she wants to go back again in 2020. I am looking to take her to New Mexico. I am mainly leaning to NM because of the closer drive from Houston. I’d like to find someplace that has some type of cabin. It’s doesn’t have to be 5 stars by any means on the accommodations. It can be a public land hunt, private land, or a little bit of both. This will be my 9th elk hunting trip and her 2nd. I’d prefer to call for her. Maybe some type of trespass fee or something, Idk. I do want to try and put her in a game rich environment though (like we all want). She had some good opportunities last year with one arrow over the back of one bull and another bull busting her at 20 yards with her at full draw. She tells me often that she has nightmares at night about missing her shot last year (on a 340”ish bull...). Anyways... any suggestions?

13-Jan-20

13-Jan-20
Lots of landowner tags to be had if you didn't get her drawn. Be kindly foolish not to try to draw first though & save yourself some money. Alot of the same guys that have access to those landowner tags that you will want if you don't draw can hook you up on a place to stay if she did get lucky & draw. Good luck.

13-Jan-20
Apply for the draw first and see what happens. In the meantime, better put a deposit down with a tag broker and get in line. As soon as the draw happens, LO tags sell like hotcakes. An be prepared to spend some real money! $3500+ for an OK tag, $7500+ for a good tag.

13-Jan-20
What kind of options for a tag broker? Some better than others? I’ve drawn in NM twice through the draw. Once for elk and once for mule deer. But I Would like to get a plan together on if She didn’t draw, which would be long odds. Either that or maybe head to CO to buy a tag. After burning her 5 points last year in WY she doesn’t have any points in any other states (I would have been applying her over the last few years but really didn’t expect to get her “addicted” to archery elk).

13-Jan-20
Apply for all the states that have a "random" draw. I.E. NM, ID, the limited amount available in WY, etc. If you hit on a tag then you guys are going hunting. At the end if nothing hits then you do an OTC hunt in CO or ID. There's also a lot of good reduced price cow tag options in WY if she just wants to get her first elk.

13-Jan-20
Might as well roll the dice for a random tag in Wyoming, might get a general license.

13-Jan-20
For lo vouchers, Call Marc or Gina at the archery Shoppe in albq pronto, he sells out quick.

14-Jan-20
Suggest you contact Backcountry Hunts of Carlsbad and pick Steve's brain. Believe he has access to land owner permits.

• Sitka Gear