huntabsarokee 14-Jan-20
WapitiBob 14-Jan-20
huntabsarokee 15-Jan-20
Z Barebow 15-Jan-20
elkmtngear 15-Jan-20
yooper89 15-Jan-20
shakey 16-Jan-20
13-Jan-20
Does anyone have issues with basemap loading layers. It doesn’t overlay the layers like onX. I tried to contact them but the [email protected] goes no where!

13-Jan-20
Just used it an hour ago. National forest layers wouldn’t go off for a bit but eventually did. Problem I have is no apparent way to organize or mass select waypoints and tracks for deleting on the web map side.

14-Jan-20
Sure is cheap, tho!

14-Jan-20
Try to delete 90 waypoints off the web map....

14-Jan-20
Can't answer the question but I have it and have been playing around with it. It does seem very slow at times with some layers and not as user friendly as Onx. Price is right but if its a pain not worth it. I also just installed Gaia which I last used like 4 years ago and so far so good.

14-Jan-20
Does GAIA show all offline maps automatically as you move across a hunt unit?

14-Jan-20
I will have to test that. Right now I don’t have any maps saved. I assume you mean if you have multiple maps saved to cover a unit that it’s seamless when traveling from 1 saved map to the next?

14-Jan-20
yes

15-Jan-20
Bob I did a little test this morning on my way to work. Last night I saved 4 small maps that covered the area from my house, through town, and part way on my commute to work. This morning I put my phone in airplane mode and proceeded to drive through the 4 maps. I didn't see any issues and maps appeared to be seamless. This was all on sat imagery not map. I am not sure if you have to save all layers or if you save the map if it includes all layers.

15-Jan-20
Hunt/Bob

I think I understand the question. When I used Gaia last fall, the answer is yes. I had failed to zoom in on my hunt areas with each layer. I had good view in satellite view, but topo was not there. Got to an area with cell signal to cache topo layer. And all was well. I don’t know how much data can be cached.

15-Jan-20
By my recollection using GAIA , the offline maps will be visible, but with less resolution than the saved maps (inablility to zoom in as far, for example, using the satellite overlay).

15-Jan-20
I like OnX a whole lot more than BaseMap so far but for $18, I couldn’t pass it up. Had to at least give it a shot. Plan to use it for the year along with OnX or maybe GAIA but won’t rely solely on it.

16-Jan-20
Yooper, I’m doing the same but probably won’t renew basemap. OnX is a lot more user friendly for me.

• Sitka Gear