Dino 14-Jan-20
Bowfinatic 15-Jan-20
ELKMAN 15-Jan-20
butcherboy 15-Jan-20
Matt 15-Jan-20
YZF-88 15-Jan-20
pirogue 15-Jan-20
14-Jan-20
Good morning. I still shoot a Hoyt Spyder which I think is an excellent bow but its 6 years old considering upgrading. Looking for opinions on the Hoyt RX 3. Thsnks. Have a great day.

14-Jan-20
Thank you I think I will.

14-Jan-20
You really should check out as many bows from as many manufacturers as you can. You might find something that feels better than the RX3.

14-Jan-20
I upgraded from the Hoyt Carbon Matrix to the RX3 Ultra last year, and love it. Great draw cycle and it's easier to hold at full draw without it trying to take off than the earlier bows.

14-Jan-20
Thanks for the input. My work schedule is such that except September chasing elk I work about 75 hours a week and time is very limited. When you add working out daily and selling our fishing baits to help our Veterans I'm down to no free time. Lol.

14-Jan-20
I have a Spyder 34. Bought an RX3 last year. Sold the RX3. In my opinion, it was not worth the upgrade from a dollars/benefit. Still have the Spyder 34 as a good back-up. New first string bow is from a different manufacturer. That's my story.

14-Jan-20
I feel as though the rx3 is definitely an upgrade over the spyder. Better balanced and better draw cycle!

15-Jan-20
I can't attest to the rx3 but I switched from the carbon spyder to the rx1. I shoot the rx1 significantly better at longer ranges (50 yards +) I tried the rx3 but didn't notice a large enough difference to upgrade

15-Jan-20
I would keep the Spyder

15-Jan-20
If you like your current bow why upgrade? 6 years old isn’t bad at all. I bought my carbon element in 2012 and still shoot it as my primary bow. Only reason to upgrade is because you want to and have a new bow which is just fine too. I haven’t even shot anything new at a bowshop since 2012! LOL

15-Jan-20
Reading some comments from Shane Chunning who is a notable tuning guru, Hoyt made so nice changes to this year's line to simplify tuning (specifically tweaked the cam tracks and grip to improve forgivingness).

One thing I have noticed is a number of folks on the internet seem to have gotten hung up on the bows "on paper" without understanding that changes year over year or actually having shot them.

15-Jan-20
You have to take any opinion with a grain of salt because every bow will have a different feel with respect to draw lengths. I should have mentioned my draw length is 26.5" For someone with a 28" DL, the RX3 draw profile and bow performance is going to be very different. Then throw in the fact everybody is just different! Not everyone has had 3 shoulder surgeries and might be nearly as picky as I am either!

15-Jan-20
YZF, Good points. More people probably should recognize the fact they will age, when deciding on a bow. I got a Hoyt Carbon Element back in 2011, and decided I wanted to get a new bow last year. Went to the archery shop to buy, with intentions of getting another Hoyt. Could not pull back a Hoyt, nor Mathews, without pain, and bought another brand, that, for he same draw weight, was much easier to draw.

• Sitka Gear