Ken Moody Safaris's embedded Photo

19-Jan-20

Booking 2021 now!

19-Jan-20

Ken Moody Safaris's Link
I also want to wish Happy Birthday to our chef Paul. Better food on safari does not exist. He's the man.

28-Jan-20

28-Jan-20
I can attest to that. At least where I hunted with Ken.

28-Jan-20
Man I wish I could go!!! "If I were a rich man"

Good luck and God Bless all those that can go!

28-Jan-20
what percent are able to be bow killed cleanly.

29-Jan-20
I'll be hunting the Limpopo North camp August 22-31. I'll have a detailed write up once I return. Jay had really good things to say about his experience with Ken and took a great bow-killed bull. While I don't have any hunt time with Ken to speak of I will say his communication has been stellar. Some outfitters seem to be allergic to calls, text or emails.Not the case with this outfit.

29-Jan-20
You will notice a higher level of communication and logistical support. Very organized and detail oriented. Probably due to him being a US Army officer. And as far as the buffalo hunting.

I am not going to disparage other places I’ve hunted.

But when I was on the track with Ken it was obvious that I had been hunting with very inexperienced buffalo hunters.

And even more importantly bow hunting buffalo experience.

I had no interest in shooting my bull from a blind or over water. I would have rather stalked it and used a rifle.

But Kens team will get you within bow range of a bull I’m confident in that.

It may take many blown stalks. But that’s the fun of it.

After my kill I was happy to be successful, but really bummed out we weren’t buffalo hunting the next morning.

The cool thing is you will get the challenge of wild buffalo.

30-Jan-20
Thanks Jay, I appreciate the kind words and yes Eric, you’ll be hunting buffalo properly, you’ll love it. FYI, I’ll be exhibiting at the Pope & Young Convention in Washington this year. Come by if you’re there and let’s talk buffalo!

07-Feb-20
Booking 2021 now. Lock in the $9900 rate with a 25% deposit.

23-Feb-20
What is the minimum bow weight to hunt buffalo?

23-Feb-20
Legally 80 ft pds of KE with a 700 gr arrow minimum, but KE is not the primary indicator for determining penetration potential. We prefer an arrow of 850 gr to 950 gr , two blade broadhead, preferably Iron Will Buff head or original German Kinetics head. Arrow moving roughly 200 fps second or better.

23-Feb-20
We’ll be exhibiting at the trade show in OKC next weekend. If you’re there, come and see us.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear