Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
phoneman 14-Jan-20
Huntcell 14-Jan-20
Trial153 14-Jan-20
phoneman 14-Jan-20
Hawkarcher 14-Jan-20
14-Jan-20
I possibly have an opportunity to bow hunt Lee county, Iowa this coming year. It's located in the southeast corner of the state. Does anybody here know how good of a county it is? Looking at the state map of counties hit with EHD for 2019, Lee county was spared.

14-Jan-20
Get down there now and get those cell phone cameras up now. You should have a lot of actual real time info before apps are due.

14-Jan-20
I wouldn’t go buy the maps. Their map stated that the county I was in didn’t have but two confirmed cases. They must not of tried to confirm any, because you couldn’t not find dead deer in any creek bottom you walked down. Also from a reliable person that owns property in western Illinois, he told me he lost almost all is four and five year old bucks.

You really need to get first hand boots on the ground information because it varies wildly from place to place.

14-Jan-20
Thanks so far on the info. I did go back and checked the map again after the posting. The current map had jumped up from 2 the first time I saw it, to 12 currently. I suspect there are more out there that haven't been found or reported. However, if the numbers are close, the county has fewer numbers.

14-Jan-20
The Iowa forum is pretty slow in general but I’d try there. That’s Fort Madison/Keokuk area I believe. Long way from me so I don’t know but seems like it would be a decent area.

• Sitka Gear