BigSkyHntr 16-Jan-20
BigOzzie 17-Jan-20
BigOzzie 17-Jan-20
Treeline 17-Jan-20
Skippy 17-Jan-20
BigSkyHntr 17-Jan-20
BigOzzie 17-Jan-20
15-Jan-20
I am looking for another way to display some of my skull mounts. Have any of you used the skull tree? It says it comes with five holders, can I add more if I like?

15-Jan-20
I have one. It works good, however the connections are loose and wiggle more than i like. Yes you can order more holders. I have 8 on mine, with deer, antelope, and bear skull on it. You will need to get creative with the positioning of heads to get that many on there, but it looks cool. Will try to post pics later

15-Jan-20

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Currently have 6 on mine. I can put it up and or take it down in 5 minutes. Easy to move as well. Works great.

15-Jan-20
Nice display Charlie! Hope you don't put "tank'' on there , it might tip over! I'm interested in the story behind the skull cap on the pedestal ?

15-Jan-20
For whitetail deer and the like, what sized holders do you use? The tree comes with five of them but I think I am going to get an additional length so I can put a few more heads on it so I will have to add some hangers.

15-Jan-20
Man I would not want to walk into that thing on a middle of the night pee break. Lol

15-Jan-20
buckeye: I assume you’re looking at the second one from the top (back left) which is sawed off the skull. Skullhooker sells those separately. Go to their website and you’ll see them.

15-Jan-20
no, the funky critter on the small cabinet. looks like an odd racked whitetail?

15-Jan-20

Catscratch's embedded Photo
Not a skull tree brand, but an easy do-it-yourself'r

15-Jan-20

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Home made version.

15-Jan-20
Clearly no one that owns that contraption has young children around! Does look pretty good though.

15-Jan-20
I'm interested in the story behind the skull cap on the pedestal ?

Me too....

15-Jan-20

The Freak
The Freak
There’s really no story other than he came by my stand and I thought “what a freak” and I shot him. He was a mature buck with a really small body. Prolly killed in the late nineties when I lived in Maryland.

15-Jan-20
Catscratch can I see the base of your mount tree?

15-Jan-20
Rob in VT that looks great, what hardware do you use to attach them?

15-Jan-20
It's a disc. I'll post a pic later.

15-Jan-20

Here ya go Droptine...

15-Jan-20
I'm thinking: don't get tipsy and fall against that thing. Nice deer. Looks good.

15-Jan-20

Mine is pretty stable. I was prepared to run a strap to the wall but decided it didn't need it after poking around on it a while. Of course I haven't fallen into it (yet) and had it crash down on me. I'm in the process of making another out of hedge. It has some roots falling out that may make a neat base.

15-Jan-20

Skippy's embedded Photo
Skippy's embedded Photo
DIY, It will be much more personal to you.

15-Jan-20
Great ideas on this thread. I cant believe this is the first time I have seen skulls displayed this way. Very Cool. Good Day

15-Jan-20
I was thinking of making one out of metal but I must say I liked the looks of the cedar one, thanks for posting!

16-Jan-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
I too went with the Wood Look although I do very few euro's
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I too went with the Wood Look although I do very few euro's

16-Jan-20
Thanks for the input guys. I ordered one and some of the small brackets. I have plenty more skulls to hang and after seeing some of these cedar poles, I will be making a DIY one soon.

16-Jan-20

SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
DIY all the way!

16-Jan-20
Love the natural look of a tree trunk. Reminds me that I had intended to go get one last year when I saw some of the beautiful work from some you guys... Better get with it now that my “man cave” construction is finished!

16-Jan-20

I made my own hangers out of an “L” bracket, a bolt, and a couple of nuts. More cost effective than the store bought ones.

16-Jan-20

BigOzzie's embedded Photo
Total revelation when looking at your photos.

I shot this guy up the hill from this rub about 50 yards and was dragging him back down his tracks when we came upon this rub. I have been trying to figure a way to incorporate the post with the european.

Now I have it. Ha, Just have to go harvest the sign post he was rubbing on and then decide whether to leave the road number plaque on the post or take it off, and hope the USFS doesn't come after me for stealing signs.

oz

16-Jan-20
Definently leave the numbers on. Adds to the cool factor a ton! Nice buck by the way.

16-Jan-20
That’ would be way cool to have a rub tree from where you killed your buck! I like the concept of keeping the sign... Would even consider buying it from the USFS for the purpose! Congratulations on a nice buck!

16-Jan-20
Yeah leave the numbers on then have me over for dinner! ;) Great ideas btw

17-Jan-20

All that was left of the 4 quarters
All that was left of the 4 quarters
He left me some tracks and 4 places he bedded just off the deck. All three of the other shoulders were lying in the beds he used. Then I tracked him and he followed the drag trail to the gut pile.
He left me some tracks and 4 places he bedded just off the deck. All three of the other shoulders were lying in the beds he used. Then I tracked him and he followed the drag trail to the gut pile.
Thanks guys, sorry not to pirate the thread but it was a great day, sad story. This spot isn't far from my property, so a nice long drag and we were back at the cabin. I skinned him and butchered the back straps and put them in the freezer. Then I hung the quarters from the log purlins on the deck. Not a new thing I have done it several times. Before I went back to town the next a.m. I wrapped them in a bed sheet to keep the birds off. The next weekend we were headed up for my son to do some hunting and I brought the grinder and paper and was going to butcher while he hunted. I Returned the next weekend to this view. The only quarter the bear could not break free from the deck, he feasted on my deer and denned up full of venison.

17-Jan-20
The front pad was clearly about the same width as the 2x6 on the deck so 5-5.5 inches across. There were not any good back prints but they were considerably larger. I am sure it is a black bear, Griz is not out of the question but rare where we are at. Hopefully next spring we can add a bear skull to the sign post display.

oz

17-Jan-20
Hate it when a critter steals my meat!

That would make one hell of an awesome display!

Keep us posted on the results!

17-Jan-20

Skippy's embedded Photo
Skippy's embedded Photo
My cedar is a rub tree within sight of where I shot this deer last year. Always wondered if he was the one rubbing it. Coming off my own property makes it more special for me.

17-Jan-20
That sucks Oz! Hope you get that bear! Great buck skippy, and very cool mount

17-Jan-20
That is a beautiful buck skippy wow I love the dark antlers, and the character.

oz

• Sitka Gear