Bowmann94 17-Jan-20
Treeline 18-Jan-20
Kodiak 18-Jan-20
DeerMount 18-Jan-20
Bowmann94 18-Jan-20
Bowmann94 23-Jan-20
Bowmann94 23-Jan-20
16-Jan-20
Hey guys planning on trying a no blind traditional recurve turkey hunt in the spring. My recurve is a Pearson palomino that grandpa gave me before he passed and I’d like to use that but I’m a bit hesitant because the fiberglass is bright white. Anyone have any thoughts on wether that would make it Harder to draw on turkey? Might be better off wrapping/backing it in some Camo tape.

16-Jan-20
I would definitely put some camo tape on the limbs.

16-Jan-20

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo

Treeline's Link
Check these out. Fast, simple and removable:

17-Jan-20
Those are cool and not to bad in price. I like the snake skin patterns. How do they attach just like a sticker? And I can just peel them off when done?

17-Jan-20
I have Limbsations on my bow, but put camo cloth tape over that to hunt turkeys because Limbsations have some shine to it.

17-Jan-20
They'd pick you out in a heartbeat. Turkeys have 8x eyes and 10x ears, if they could smell you would never kill them.

17-Jan-20
They are the same kind of material as arrow wraps. Vinyl with sticky back.

They do have a little shine but not bad. My bows backed with real skins are about the same after putting a clear coat of matte spar varnish on them. I put them on my son’s black hunter longbow and they turned out really nice looking.

Fisherrick no problem with the Limsations lifting when you pull the camo tape?

17-Jan-20
Painters tape and some magic markers would be very cheap.

17-Jan-20
Do wear red WHITE or blue while turkey hunting. Its a safety issue. Plus yes they will pick you off as soon as you move that bow. I have white caps on my feathers for increased visibility while in flight and after the shot but keep them covered in a camo sleeve.

I have shot two outside of a full blind so it can be done..

17-Jan-20

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
I used to use cloth limb covers like this.

17-Jan-20
I agree with what Tonybear61 said I would be more worried of someone shooting thinking the white was a turkey heard than being picked off by one !

17-Jan-20
It doesn't matter what color it is if you don't move. It doesn't matter what color it is if you DO move.

17-Jan-20
Treeline, I have removed and installed camo cloth tape from my bow at least 3 times in the last 6 years and no issues with the Limsations. I usually hunt turkeys from a natural ground blind or just camo material 30" from ground.

17-Jan-20
Boreal I thought about that same thing using an old pair of Camo jeans I have laying around but didn’t know if the cloth would create issues with the string? Yeah I think I’m going to see if the local sports store had Camo cloth tape. I was thinking about Camo duck tape but thought it would probably shiny.... seeing boreals post I might go that route as well not sure yet.

17-Jan-20

elkmtngear's Link
Cohesive bandage (see link). Sticks to itself, not your bow.

17-Jan-20
Flat black and green ‘camo’ paint.

17-Jan-20
Movement is movement. I doubt they are going to care whether the movement is brown, green or white. Get them strutting and draw when they are facing away. They are not elk the Texas heart shot works as well as a frontal.

17-Jan-20
Exactly. Move and you are done.

17-Jan-20
I like elkmtgear’s suggestion!

Have used that stuff for coyote rifles just in the tan and then used colored markers to add some lines for breaking it up.

It binds to itself and stays on well. That stuff is nice with no residue like what you get from tape.

Going to order some of that in camo!

17-Jan-20
Several years ago I was bowhunting in a treestand on a hillside when a flock of turkeys came single file from my left to my right about 20 yards out but, because they were on the uphill side, they were about eye level. I was completely camouflaged with my face painted except that I had a red handkerchief tied around my neck to prevent something in the collar of my shirt from rubbing my neck. There was a small triangle of red under my chin. I had my bow in my lap and when I first saw the turkeys I moved my arm to cover the fletching on the arrow. My other arrows were in a CatQuiver hanging on the tree. The third turkey stopped when she came even with me and stared for a minute then walked uphill and away with the remaining turkeys behind her following. No alarm putts but she knew something wasn't right.

I agree with Too Many Bows Bob. I think turkeys could read the hands on a wristwatch from 20 yards and if they could smell like a deer we would never kill one.

17-Jan-20
Limb covers are what I use. I got them off of facebook Heathers Custom Archery. They are spandex type material has has several camo patterns.

17-Jan-20
Get some dark colored vet wrap - it isnt sticky and wont leave a residue, but still stays in place.

17-Jan-20

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Get the spandex limb skins. Three rivers and others carry them.

17-Jan-20
Do the socks/ spandex effect arrow speed at all?

18-Jan-20
They would have to slow your limbs at least a little bit. Not going to be enough to worry about though.

Those spandex wraps will be the most cost effective solution though. Will protect the bow as well.

Good luck with your turkey quest!

18-Jan-20
94, I've shot the Spandex for 20 years and have never noticed any performance change. They quiet the bow as well...less string slap.

18-Jan-20

DeerMount's embedded Photo
DeerMount's embedded Photo
This is what i put on mine.

18-Jan-20
I picked up some black vet wrap Walmart had but really like the spandex look might end up getting that instead.

23-Jan-20

Bowmann94 's embedded Photo
Well here’s before wrap.

23-Jan-20

Here’s after. Kinda like the look, makes me feel like a ninja. ?? might add green at some point.

• Sitka Gear