Surfbow 19-Jan-20
Timex 20-Jan-20
WV Mountaineer 20-Jan-20
Shawn 20-Jan-20
DMTJAGER 21-Jan-20
spike78 21-Jan-20
18-Jan-20

Ucsdryder's Link
Well almost! I remember paying 9.99. Make sure you get free shipping on orders over $50!

18-Jan-20
That's a good price on some plinking ammo, thanks for the link!

I remember my dad buying bricks of 1000 rounds in the early 80's for $10 when I was a kid.

18-Jan-20
I found 500 rd bricks for $15 this week at my local archery shop.

18-Jan-20
That’s not bad for today’s world, but I remember when they were less than a penny each. I also remember working for a $1.25 an hour too...........:-)

18-Jan-20
When I turned 12 (1984), my Dad bought me a Marlin .22 and asked my Mom to go to Kmart and get me a box of .22 shells for it. My mom knows nothing about guns, and was just doing what she was asked, so she went off to Kmart. She went to the sporting good counter and told the lady working there that her husband asked her to come buy a box of .22 shells. The Kmart lady went in the back room, and a few minutes later, came out pushing a cart that had a case of .22 shells in it. Obviously, neither lady had a clue this was not a “box” of .22 shells.

Mom and I went to the checkout counter and the lady asked what was in the cart as it was too heavy to lift out. Mom told her it was a box of .22 shells. The lady looked in the book at the checkout register to see what a box of .22 shells cost (this was pre barcode times), and rung up the sale. Total price—-.99+.04 tax=$1.03 for 6000 rounds of .22 shells.

It was quite obvious, not one of the three ladies had a clue what they were selling/buying, and probably one of the reasons the barcode was invented. If I was to look through my stuff, I’m sure I still have some of those rounds left. It sure did make for some really good times at our backyard range up in the Upper Peninsula.

18-Jan-20
I worked at a sporting goods store almost 30yrs ago. I got cost plus 10% on purchases. A box of 1000 would cost me $7.50. I still have 2 bricks

18-Jan-20
Not too many things more deadly than an 8-12 yr old kid with a box (or 2) of .22 shells.

18-Jan-20
I like carrying my Ruger MkIII when I am out stump shooting but it will never see another Thunderturd run through it again. Some have had great luck with them. Wish I could say the same. Make sure they are a reliable brand if you shoot an auto.

18-Jan-20
good price but I can get them locally for the same. I wish I would have bought a 53 ft trailer full when the were $8 at Walmart

18-Jan-20
I remember just a few years ago when Obama was in office, you had to be first in line at the sporting goods section to get a box of 22s. Limit 2.

18-Jan-20
Cnelk X2^^^ Looked like Black Friday in some places.

18-Jan-20
Cnelk, you are right on. Obama's policies tried to kill our ability to buy any 22's. 8 years of almost no access to 22's. Not now!

18-Jan-20
That may be the only instance in my life that I was in front of the curve. Shortly after NObama took office I bought about 6,000 rounds of various ammo. Bought it by the case. Bring on the zombie apocalypse, I’m good !

18-Jan-20
My 77/.22 was always partial to Federal Lightning. $10/brick in Laramie about 30 years ago. Haven’t found anything that works that well since.

Now... here.... I think I have to submit a set of fingerprints to the FBI, etc etc etc before I can get a card that entitles me to buy a box of dove loads. About the only difference between getting an ammo purchase card and a carry permit is a class and a few hundred bucks. Makes me wonder how many gun owners have become carry permit holders just out of hating being regulated so tightly.

I’ve basically quit firearms at this point.

19-Jan-20
Mike the Carpenter for the WIN! Great story.

19-Jan-20
I have enough .22 LR ammo to last the rest of my life, easily. I did not overpay for any of it.

19-Jan-20
Good move PECO.

19-Jan-20
Pako I only hope that means you’ve got a tremendous amount of ammo as opposed to a limited amount of time

19-Jan-20
It absolutely amazed me that before the Sandy hook shooting any gun store had an entire isle of every .22 imaginable. Probably 15 different manufacturers & 5 different varieties from each. To after Sandy Hook not beying able to buy a single box. I don't know if this was the case nation wide but it darn sure was in va

19-Jan-20
In Virginia? Well...THAT says a lot! And that situation may well be occurring again sadly.

19-Jan-20
“You know what you can do with those FACTS?”

Shows that Democrats are great advertisement for ammo sales. Now, one just needs to figure out why that is. Hmmm...

“Do the math 15 million X 365 x 8 years. There is a whole lot of ammo in peoples basements and garages.”

They are just preparing for if there is ever another Democrat elected President. If so, they will be stocked up before the panic sets in again driving sales through the roof.

I’m just using your “Facts” to rationalize what could possibly be the driving force behind the record production and sales.

19-Jan-20
Geez rob you seem a tad bitter

19-Jan-20
I remember the general store near me had a wooden barrel of 22 shells 1 cent each or 25 20 cents. Grab a handful and the grouse, rabbits & squirrels were in trouble. Larry Potterfield has a great organization

19-Jan-20
Any of you with that old .22lr ammo check it lately? I have some old ammo where the lead bullet oxidized so bad that it won’t fit in the gun anymore. Humidity must have gotten to it.

19-Jan-20
After sandy hook a lot of folks were so afraid that they wouldn't be able to get ar's & ammo. That sales went through the roof. Just like after the Vegas masicure bump stock sales increased dramatically. When the public thinks their gonna have something taken away from them they will buy all that exists no matter what President is in the Whitehouse

19-Jan-20
Damn. Some of you guys are old! ;)

19-Jan-20
Trust one thing: The firearms and ammunition industries love how a democratic administration (state or federal) drives sales though the roof.

19-Jan-20
LOL at rodb, do you understand politics and the law of supply and demand?

I remember my best friend's dad buying us a can of 500rds for $5 once in a while and telling us to go put the hurt on ground squirrels on their horse ranch and a couple of the other ranches in the area. It was a win-win, we got to shoot as much as we wanted and the ranchers didn't have to deal with broken legs on the livestock that stepped in squirrel holes...great fun!

20-Jan-20
An ex co worker of mine would be at wall Mart every Friday afternoon buying all the .22 ammo they would allow. He also has stocks of coffee & was converting all his money to silver. Has a family of 5 has 2 ar's for each 10 mags for each & pallets of .223 ball ammo. He says he's ready I say he's nuts he believes an apocalyptic event is gonna turn life as we know it into a mad Max movie. He's the only .22 ammo hoarder I know

20-Jan-20
Rob, I bet you didn’t think it was a bad thing while they were buying it.

20-Jan-20
I have several old boxes of Winchester .22 shells my Dad bought me at Western auto in the early 70s and they have stickers for .29 cents a box. By the time I was 18 and buying them you could find them on sale for 8 bucks a brick. Shawn

21-Jan-20
Ucsdryder, Thanks for the link, I just stocked up a huge amount. But couldn't get free shipping. Did I miss something? My purchase was WELL over $50 and I have gotten free shipping many times a MSS

21-Jan-20
I remember years ago a buddy of mine said that ammo would be a great investment for the future and I laughed. Years later ammo is through the roof guess he was right.

• Sitka Gear