Mike Ukrainetz 24-Jan-20
Treeline 24-Jan-20
Charlie Rehor 28-Jan-20
JB 28-Jan-20
JB 30-Jan-20
22-Jan-20

Bill V - Iron Will 's embedded Photo
Announcing our new Wide Series Broadheads. They are 30% wider than our V & S Series broadheads with a 1 3/8" wide main blade and 3/4"wide bleeder for 2 1/8" total cut. We had a dozen testers take about 50 animals with the wide heads this fall and we are excited about the results. Available in 100 to 225 grains. I'll post a few photos and videos. Let me know if you have any questions.

22-Jan-20

Bill V - Iron Will 's Link
Iron Will broadheads are becoming known for great penetration on large animals like elk and moose do to our durability, sharpness, and edge retention. A lot of guys have asked for a wider head feeling penetration would still be excellent and this would open up holes for more blood on the ground. While all of our compound testers reported good groups to 60 yards, these are ideal for medium sized game like deer and bears at 50 yards and under in my opinion. Here is a video from my brothers Indiana buck this year showing the blood trail and holes.

22-Jan-20
Bill: Is the difference between the 100 grain and 125 grain “wide” only the ferrule weight? Thx C

22-Jan-20
Bill: Is the difference between the 100 grain and 125 grain “wide” only the ferrule weight? Thx C

22-Jan-20
Charlie, the main blade length and width is the same for the wide100 and wide125, but the vent hole size is bigger in the wide100 to get the weight down. The wide100 also has a slightly smaller ferrule, but both are made of grade 5 titanium. The same main blade is used for the wide125-wide225 heads, but the 150 on up use hardened stainless steel ferrules at different lengths to achieve weights.

23-Jan-20
i've been a advocate of wide fixed blade for a long time. I really like the looks of these - will be giving them a try this year.. Well Done Bill V

23-Jan-20
Looks good, Bill. Can you put up a pic of the 150 and heavier heads?

23-Jan-20
Reminds me of the old Pearson Dead Heads.

23-Jan-20

Thanks guys. Midwest, the wide125 through wide225 use the same blades. For 150 on up the ferrule changes from grade 5 titanium to hardened steel and then gets a little longer for each weight. Here is a photo of the wide125 next to the wide200.

23-Jan-20
I dont care for vented broadheads. They are noiser and weaker than solid heads.

23-Jan-20
Bill when you say the testers reported good groups out to 60 yds does that mean the groups were poor past that distance? Or they just weren’t tested past that or something? Why also would you say they are good for medium size game under 50 yds? I think I could hit a moose right in the chest at 70 yds but you would advise against using these heads for that? Why?

23-Jan-20
These look awesome!

24-Jan-20
Tradmike, these are made of A2 tool steel and are extremely strong even with vents. Our impact strength is multiple times that of typical steels used. Also, the vents make them more forgiving in flight and less likely to pane with blades this size.

24-Jan-20
Mike U, I asked all of our compound testers to shoot groups at 60 yards and all had very good results. A few of us shot to 80 and 100 yards and had good groups. John Lusk did a review where he was popping balloons at 80 for instance. A lot of guys can shoot 4 inch groups with our V & S series at 80 or 100 yards with a well tuned bow and good form. A wider head is not going to be as forgiving so I don't want to give the expectation that these will shoot as well as V & S series at very long range. A wider head takes more force to penetrate. If I was shooting 70 yards at a moose I would choose our s125 over the wide to assure a pass through and give more margin for error. No doubt a lot of guys are planning to use the wide for elk and moose and I think they will do very well depending on your setup.

24-Jan-20
I just got done wides and shot over a dozen shots into a really hard cheap 3d target. It still shaves hair as good as my razor.

24-Jan-20
Can I ask Bill why don’t you have the cutting diameter on all of your broadheads on your website? What are the widths? Love the heads by the way, killed 3 critters this past year with them, moose, elk and a muley.

24-Jan-20
Mike, we list the width under "features" on the website but should move this to each head type. The V & S series are all 1 1/6" wide main blade and 3/4" wide bleeder for 1.812" total cut. The wide are all 1 3/8" wide main blade and 3/4" wide bleeder for 2 1/8" total cut.

24-Jan-20
Out of a modern compound, those wide heads should be awesome for anything short of the really big stuff like cape buff, rhino, or elephant.

Might work just fine on them as well!

I love a big hole in a critter. The old Snuffers did just fine on plenty of elk and a moose off a longbow. This one should perform better and leave copious blood trails that Stevie Wonder could follow:-)

28-Jan-20

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
New Wide blades
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
New Wide blades
Bought just the wide blades and switched them out on my existing ferrules. Here’s what they both look like... C

Both sizes are the same weight at 125 grains

28-Jan-20
Come on Bill! I just bought the regular heads and would have purchased the wide instead! Just kidding. I love the original heads. I shot 2 does with the 1st one and it is still very sharp. Will be doing some touch up during the off season. If and when I ever look at replacing, I will check out the wides.

30-Jan-20
JB, I like to have a mix and my quiver, like Charlie shows above, and choose which one to use based on the animal and shot distance expected.

30-Jan-20
Good plan Bill! And I really was just kidding. Really.

• Sitka Gear