Snake8 02-Feb-20
24-Jan-20

lewis's embedded Photo
Tough way to go
lewis's embedded Photo
Tough way to go
lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
My trapping buddy found this on our place in TN.Seems like he got caught up in a fence not sure if he was chased into it or not.He then got out of the fence and a big fight took place in the adjoining field.Must have been a helluva of a fight ground was tore up in about a 50 foot circle.This is after about 50 yotes have been taken out in 2 1/2 years. I let this buck walk on my birthday November 10. Makes me sick but that’s the way it is.Lewis

24-Jan-20

8point's embedded Photo
8point's embedded Photo
Found a dead doe in the field the other day when I to pull my cards. Saw a doe with a bum leg on one camera, then saw this pic along with 3 others on another camera. There are 3 yotes and what looks like a young deer which I expect is the carcass I found.

24-Jan-20
Around my property, I'm beginning to think the more coyotes I kill, the more I hear howling and then reproducing.

24-Jan-20
The coyote population around my place seems run in cycles depending on yearly weather patterns. I see more in drought years than in normal years. It's probably no coincidence that rabbit cycles run opposite to 'yotes. Last year I didn't see a single coyote on my property, but rabbits were everywhere. Other years have been exactly opposite.

Matt

24-Jan-20
Darn predators.

24-Jan-20
The yote population here in KS used to corrolate to the cottontail population. No More. They all have been trained to turks and deer. Last winter the local lake froze over five times by my sons land. Every time he found bucks that had been run out onto the ice and killed and consumed by yotes. They adapt and will walk on our graves along with the possum.

24-Jan-20
Bou'. Let me fix that

Darn US

We are the ultimate predator. LOL!

29-Jan-20
I hear yotes yipping every night behind our house. I shot the alpha female last fall and a new one surely took her place. She was older and barren anyway. They will never be all be gone. I found 4 coyote deer kills back there last winter, but haven't been back there this year yet. Milder winter, but there will be dead deer for sure. More litters to follow I'm sure.

29-Jan-20
My dogs alerted me last night as they joined in with the howling & yipping of our resident coyote pack... an almost nightly occurrence. I grabbed the spotlight and saw eight sets of eyes in the distance behind the house. Makes me want to get a suppressed yote rifle with a night vision scope. Getting more game camera pics/footage of coyotes than deer. Including video of them chasing a small buck.

29-Jan-20
How come the coyotes did not eat that deer?

29-Jan-20
Skippy not sure as I’m in Florida but my trapper buddy has the carcass with traps in place they did eat a bunch that night and all the female yotes he has caught since then are in heat maybe they have have something else on their minds.Lewis

30-Jan-20
Varmint numbers go up when there's abundant food sources. On and around my central Tenn place yotes are very abundant but so are WT deer.

Wont be to much longer before these new Lib's who have moved into my area's from High Tax Dem states will be dropping and moving bears, cats and Red Wolves in.

Was At VA in Nashville other day and the Vets were all bitching about these Kalifornia and Illinois transplants all over greater Nashville. Had a good laugh. They'll have Nashville so screwed in 10yrs it'll be just like Denver.

K~

30-Jan-20
HH I hear what your saying. I live in Illinois and will be looking at Tennessee to retire in the future- just can’t stay here. Been looking at land there for couple years. However I’m quite conservative.

30-Jan-20
Coyotes seem to be in heat here in OK as saw a very large male around 8 am today but unable to get a shot...about 1 hour later a small female passed by the house...by the time I was able to get the .17HRM the shot was about 170 yards...coyote is now the screensaver on my flip ph. No rabbits here for the past 2 years. Deer pop. way down.

30-Jan-20

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
There are a bunch of coyotes around here killing off the deer, but deer numbers stay steady. Cars do as much or more damage, hunters kill a bunch, but deer keep showing up in good numbers.

31-Jan-20
I have been doing Yankee re-education all fall and winter here in Tenn. Gettin ready to head back to Hawaii. Get some waves before winter is gone. Spring is good Axis deer hunting. We have a chit ton of ILL folks in Central Tenn now. Crazy how many we have. That or Northern Yankees from CT, MA, NY, PA all running from Income taxes during retirement. Sell that big old fuel eating Colonial Home in New England, make big $ and run down near Chattanooga and build a new better, bigger, more efficient home where they can burn there leaves and lawns if they want. Fish for Giant Stripers in the river in morning and trout in evening in the Mt's. Then get a good helping of Cornpone and Greens at supper. Oh, and the Town or City cops won't arrest you for shooting bow in your yard or property without an ESA. Yep almost as good as living on a great surf break in Hawaii.

They whacking them Coyotes right now like none other!

K~

31-Jan-20
The problem is with all these refugees from high tax states is that many times they bring their politics with them.

31-Jan-20

Good, let 'em all leave, NE is awesome, even better the lower the population. Politics mainly red up here. The more people that leave the cities, the redder the state will become. Striper fishing aint too bad and the skiing is great. Rather ski than surf. If I'm on the water I'm fishing not boarding.

31-Jan-20
Yep

Nice schooly. Have skied everywhere from the Hannen Kamm to AximLitsem, Jackson to Waterville Valley and about everywhere in between.

Can never compare to hunnerds of tons of water movin over reef like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Have caught ONO and Black Kajiki off a board. 4.5hr sleigh ride on a 13ft board in big swell the Black Marlin went in the smoker. Was catching 60-80lb Stripers on top off Billingsgate Shoals , Ma when I was 12yrs old out a 14ft Aluminum in early 1970's. Wild Fur.

Sure Calvin its all good til you run out of other folks $. Then you have tax revolt or Revolution.

I do Southern reeducation classes everyday when driving down the street. With a Trump Banner out the bed of truck and the Battle flag of the Republic.

Communist Rules for Revolution: A. Corrupt the young, get them away from religion, get them interested in sex, drugs. Make them superficial and destroy their ruggedness where you find the least resistance first. Written in 1919. CT MA RI NY VT all good starting points one would imagine. . . . . .

Bernie and Liz great examples.

K~

31-Jan-20
Those rules didn't work for me or anyone I know around here. Or maybe I just don't associate with them. Bernie and Liz don't stand a chance this time...sorry. Unless stupid outnumber sense.

01-Feb-20

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo
That's a gud thing. Use to catch Giant Stripers until around 1977 or so. Then, they disappeared as well did the mass groups of sand eels that had been on the northern east coast for about 15yrs. Remember my father telling they were in good in the 1950's but not so much in the early 60's. Then of course, the commercial guys in early 1970's started on them purty hard and they about disappeared too. The best times a s kid was casting a 10 flyrod with homemade butterfish single hook poppers out a Billingsgate. Bout an hour trip out to a spot that was an Island in the 1600's but at low tide is only 8-10ft deep with beach sand bottom. Toss the sand anchor , chain and about 50-75ft of rope and get ready! Explosive. Still kept as Holy Waters by most. Big boats cant float it at low tide. Can be one hella good time from Aug-Nov.

Next rule for Commies B. Get all means of Publicity Which has almost happened save for a couple major outfits.

Stripe at my property in Tenn

K~

01-Feb-20
Coyotes. Hate em. I live on the shore a frozen small lake in northeast Ohio about 500 acres. Pack just chased a deer way out onto the ice and surrounded it, wore it out and killed it. As bad as wolves in my opinion.

01-Feb-20
yes yotes love to run ice and get where ice fishermen been and eat bait of fish guts, etc.

K~

01-Feb-20

KSflatlander's Link
This won’t be popular here but there are extensive scientific studies that show coyotes may have less of an effect on deer populations than you think.

“The two best coyote removal studies with white-tailed deer populations also show that coyote removal does not affect overall population growth. The first study in southeast Texas showed that coyote removal increased fawn survival but did not change the population density(12). Another long term study of a deer population in a predator free fenced area in Texas found that deer density increased for a few years and then sharply declined to match the populations outside the predator exclosure (13) and the deer in the predator free area had a much poorer diet (14). The researchers concluded that coyotes actually had a stabilizing effect on the deer herd.“

01-Feb-20

SteveB's Link
This video seems pretty aggressive to me. From my trail camera on my northeast Ohio land. This is not a casual chase.

01-Feb-20
May not be science but sue cars kill more deer than Yotes. How many yotes stumble into turkey nests and fresh drop fawns? Science is all how the study is presented these days. Politics of the the science! Oh and don't get caught call your dog a pet. Peta PoPo will fien you.

K

02-Feb-20
KSFlatlander is correct. There are studies that show that attempts to supress coyote population actually cause increases in the yote population. Prior to 1800 there were no Yotes east of the Mississippi. Depsite bounties and poisoning campaigns coyotes have grown in numbers and distribution. Having said that I dont care if someone wants to shoot a Yote. But if you want more deer, killing more Yotes is not the answer.

• Sitka Gear