Bowmann94 24-Jan-20
Bowmann94 24-Jan-20
Bowmann94 24-Jan-20
Shuteye 25-Jan-20
Bowmann94 25-Jan-20
fisherick 25-Jan-20
Jaquomo 25-Jan-20
24-Jan-20
Does anyone use arrow tracers? Do they slow your FPS down much? How about snaro heads? I’ve heard they won’t tunnel under the snow? I’m in mn and would like to try small game bow hunting but don’t want to lose arrows in the snow. Thoughts?

24-Jan-20
Does anyone use arrow tracers? Do they slow your FPS down much? How about snaro heads? I’ve heard they won’t tunnel under the snow? I’m in mn and would like to try small game bow hunting but don’t want to lose arrows in the snow. Thoughts?

24-Jan-20
Yeah I thought about using feather or fur fluff as a tracer as I’ve seen them called. Didn’t know if I’d have a major arrow speed loss? I might use them on all my arrows if they work. Might also just have to run a few through the chronograph and see for myself.

25-Jan-20
In the old days, shooting my recurve, I used flu flu arrows with 38 cal shells for blunts. They fit perfectly over an 11/32" Port Orford shaft. Killed rabbits, squirrels and pigeons very well. I could even shoot at flying pheasants or quail and not lose the arrow.

25-Jan-20
I was thinking if they work well without significant arrow speed loss it be nice to use on deer or 3d shoots as well. Plus I’d like to do some recording of my shooting for better form and what not and they’d probably show on camera better. If they did cause a big loss in speed then my thought wasting use them like flu flus. My main thing Is I hate building arrows tuning fletching, all that only to lose them. Big concern in 2’ of snow. Right now I’m running Aluminums but going to make the switch to bamboo for my recurved soon for booth hunting and targets and don’t want to lose a ton of them there not cheap lol. Shuteye we used to do that to even filled the case with lead to get the proper weight. Probably will do that when the boo arrows show up might even try making snaro heads out of a few if they don’t dig under snow.

25-Jan-20
You can use rabbit fur tracers to the back of your arrows without speed loss. I use claw type point backers for small game hunting or bullet points for 3D targets and four fletch flu-flu arrows shooting in snow conditions. The flu-flu arrows slow down considerly after 20-25 yards. I shoot recurve.

25-Jan-20
I've used rabbit fur tracers before and never noticed any speed loss, but not sure it mattered if the arrow slowed down from 194 to 191 fps..

• Sitka Gear