shakey 26-Jan-20
PREZ 26-Jan-20
Pop-r 26-Jan-20
Teeton 26-Jan-20
shakey 26-Jan-20
Teeton 26-Jan-20
Teeton 26-Jan-20
25-Jan-20
The deadline is almost here and I can’t figure out what todo, I have 6 points in Wyoming and no clue why todo with them. I don’t want to burn them on a general tag but dont have any areas jumping out at me. Two of the areas I am looking at have wilderness and wilderness study areas covering vast amounts of land. Question 1 being a nonresident I know I cannot Hunt wilderness areas but what about Wilderness study areas( these are not listed on the national forest wilderness area list)? Question 2 Any suggestions where to burn these points, my standards are not really high, if I could see a 300” bull would great?

25-Jan-20
WSA's aren't Wilderness.

25-Jan-20
Thanks wapitibob, that opens a few more options

25-Jan-20
I think you just need to apply with me as a group for a gen tag. Combined we’ll have 3 points. Enough to draw a gen tag for sure. From there we’ll throw a dart at the map and go kill some elk together! What ya say? ;-)

25-Jan-20
Lol! That's exactly what i did. Shared my points with a good friend and hunting partner. Im so looking forward to hunting WY this year.

And thanks WapitiBob for that info. I recall reading that somewhere but then someone else said the WSA applied the same as WA.

26-Jan-20
Lung shot thanks for the offer but I think I’m going to have to burn these points on my own. ;-)

26-Jan-20
I got 5 points....stuck in point creep also. Going to burn them next year somewhere.

26-Jan-20
Right there with Prez but I'm gonna stick it out til I find me a solid resident guide or get lucky in the random before I grow old waiting to draw.

26-Jan-20
As of today me and a friend have I think 10 pionts. We are going to put in for a general tag till we decide what we want to do. We'll have till I think May 8th to change or withdraw our Apps. Withdraw will cost us about 30 bucks, a change, nothing.

Anyone that read this and knows about Mt draw. If you didnt draw last year elk do u get a point or did you need to buy one. I cannot remember.. Ed

26-Jan-20
Teton can you please break this down? I can find out about my other draws then withdraw my Wyoming application for 30$?? If so that’s a silver lining to the new draw date.

26-Jan-20
I hate the new date. We are not 100% sure what we want to do. So for example, we put in for general draw and before the May date we change our mines because we found a 5 point unit we can change to that unit and I think at no cost. Now say we decide to hunt say OTC in Colorado and as long as we withdraw our application by the May deadline we only have the app fee and the credit card 2.5% fee.

26-Jan-20
Basically you could change or withdraw your application by I believe May 8th. You will get to keep your points but it will cost about 30-35 bucks

• Sitka Gear