PECO 02-Feb-20
lawdy 13-Feb-20
elkmtngear 13-Feb-20
PECO 13-Feb-20
elkmtngear 13-Feb-20
Glunker 13-Feb-20
lawdy 14-Feb-20
26-Jan-20
Thanks for your review. Have you ever had encounters like this prior to the suit? I have had many encounters like the ones you describe, without the suit. Some with the ASAT leafy suit, some in blue jeans and a poofy coat.

26-Jan-20
Next year elk hunting we are wearing jogging suits shiny and bold with after shave.... seems every time we talked to those guys the elk were just 10 feet away! Not sure about the HECS but do think the animals can tell when you are hunting them.

26-Jan-20
Don't know about HECS but at Pope and Young I asked the HECS rep why electromagnetic waves don't shoot out of the hunter's head and neck (like the guy in the video loop walking up and shooting a tame muley buck) if he isn't wearing a full hooded suit. He didn't have an answer for that.

I do know that here in NoCo where I live, if you openly walk up to a moose in bright yuppie clothes they will stand and look at you. But if you sneak around in camo, they spook like hell. So maybe purple polyester from REI has some magical abilities too?

26-Jan-20
That meateater guy, Steve, talked in one of his podcasts about hunting in REI gear, back in the day before the high tech hunting clothes became available.

26-Jan-20
PECO, I think that's all Blacktail Bob (Bob Ameen) wears, no camo, and he's arguably one of the best bowhunters in the world

26-Jan-20
I've read that in some Indian tribe cultures, back in the day, a young hunter's right of passage into hunting with the men was he had to touch his live quarry in the wild. I wonder how they ever did that without HECS.

;-)

Matt

26-Jan-20
I know one guy who has good things to say about them, and he wears his under a ghillie. This guy knows what he’s up to.

I kinda have to wonder, though...

If someone were to come up with something like this that actually DID work as well as advertised....

What’s the point?

Where the hell is the FUN, or the challenge, or the sense of accomplishment? May as well shoot a goat at a petting zoo or cheat little kids at checkers.

It’s just at some point.... do you wanna HUNT, or do you just wanna kill stuff?

Of course, if I had a hog problem, I’d probably buy two.

27-Jan-20
The cell phone that you snapped the picture with has significantly more EM waves than several humans combined.

27-Jan-20
So, everything you described in deer behavior while wearing the HECS suit has happened to me numerous times while wearing blue jeans and carhartts over the last 25 years.

27-Jan-20
Well, I had a young doe come within five feet of me and stare at me for about 30/45 seconds and didn't know what I was. Wearing ASAT leafy suit, and she walked away and continued to feed. Electromagnetic waves in fish are true and I can see the suit working. But if deer use them the same way as fish do, wouldn't they bust hunters everytime regardless of wind or height?

27-Jan-20
I think this could be one for the other thread “post I wish I didn’t make” it whatever.

But if you are happy with it more power to you. Thousands of guys were all up in that scent lock craze too. All silly to me, but to each his own.

—Jim

27-Jan-20
Thanks for the review, ground hunter. That took balls.

You had as many extreme close encounters in one season as Thornton had in 25 years. ;-)

27-Jan-20
ground hunter, thanks for your honest review.

I don't own a Hecs suit nor do I plan on buying one. I never owned any Scent Lok clothing either. I know guys that swear by both products.

When I was about 4 years old I just knew there was a monster that lived in my room and I had a heck of a time sleeping at night. My dad came home from work one day, not long after my sleepless nights started and presented me with about a 4 inch shiny object he called a monster charm. He told me if I kept it by my bed at night nothing bad could happen to me. I slept like a baby from that night forward. A couple years later I was out in our garage helping him and much to my surprise he was checking the air in his tires with the twin to my monster charm. I said, "Dad you tricked me. ". He said, "No I didn't because it worked."

I think having confidence in your gear, whatever it is goes a long way.

28-Jan-20
Yeah, because no one ever killed a deer before HECS, Ozonics, Nose Jammer or mechanical bh's.

28-Jan-20
I received a Hecs as a gift last year. I have used it every time I have went hunting deer or coyotes. I am still in what I would consider the "trial" period, but I have nothing bad to say about it. I have had some fairly unique experiences this past hunting season, maybe coincidence, maybe not. Now that said, is it worth $200? I dunno that one.

28-Jan-20
I had HEC thin net suit ( gave away gift ) for 5 years. I am not sure 100 % it work well or not because I had deer and turkeys came close with HECS and no HECS suits. I like to wear them on the hot day as your naked

28-Jan-20
I'd be interested in seeing some coyote footage. I've never seen a coyote stand around when a human is close-at least not on public land, but I have seen deer/elk be pretty tolerant of human presence. Coyotes, never.

28-Jan-20
Dave- My success rate is near 100%.

28-Jan-20
Stuff happens. I have seen wild animals react in strange ways as ‘m sure we all have. Never had the urge to buy a HECS suit nor will I, but I don’t feel that I’m entitled to criticize those who have one, because I’ve never even seen one, let alone used one. Rock on ground hunter !

28-Jan-20
I have a buddy who swears by the HECs suit...I rib him about it all the time...being a naysayer. He works at a vegetable farm market...doing the plowing, planting and harvesting. Part of the farm market is fenced in to keep the deer out, but not the ~30 acres of sweet corn which they plant staggered throughout the spring and early summer. Deer tend to be a problem there, as you can imagine. TT him yesterday...come summer I'm going to wear his HECs suit and sit out there along the sweet corn field edges. Absolutely no doubt the deer will come out to feed and such. I'll monitor wind direction so as not to skew data. I'll be extremely surprised if things work out as he says. We'll see.

28-Jan-20
Give it a whirl we have all wasted more money on less proven supposed silver bullets.

28-Jan-20
It's like Scent-Loc all over again. :)

28-Jan-20
P.T. Barnum was right.

28-Jan-20
I wore a Hex suit under my regular clothes not too long ago. She acted like she didn't even know I was there!

28-Jan-20
Silver bullets ........you don’t say. Hmmmm ...........silver broadheads

29-Jan-20
Chuck, now I have to clean coffee off my lap!

29-Jan-20
Whocares, did you end up on a solo hunt? :0)

30-Jan-20

Thornton's embedded Photo
6 bucks in bow range at the same time while I was on the ground attempting to stalk the biggest. Got within 15 ft of this 9 point. No HECS, no Nose Jammer, no Scent Loc

30-Jan-20

Young buck behind me at 30 yards

30-Jan-20

Used a creek bank to sneak up on this nice one dozing at 35 yards and let him be. According to my camera, he was still alive in late December

30-Jan-20
My point is, a lot of these claims regarding the 3 products I mentioned can be attributed to wind, hormones, stupid deer, or high/low pressure. Those 6 bucks I sneaked up on were super skittish in September but all became stupid in November due to 1 hot doe on that corner of my farm.

30-Jan-20

This young buck thought it was completely normal for a guy in camo to be waving at him from a tree. Stupid deer, and no, this property is hunted regularly by hunters other than myself.

02-Feb-20
Just as good as Scent Loc.. Justa gimmick

02-Feb-20
“ I am still in what I would consider the ‘trial’ period, but I have nothing bad to say about it.”

Well, DUHHHHHH. The damn thing CAN’T do any actual HARM, can it? That’s the whole secret to getting Stinkin’ Rich off of Stupid Hunters; you just come up with something that does No Harm and let people believe in all the good that it does. This stuff sells itself!

At least nose-jammer is the sort of thing that could INCREASE your chances of getting busted, compared to trying to go scent-free....

But again.... if it all works as advertised, you may as well go “hunting” at the petting zoo. Yet “Bowhunters” look down their noses at Riflemen.

LOL

Hypocrisy Much?

02-Feb-20
We don't look down at guys and gals who shoot real rifles. We look down at people who shoot crossrifles.

13-Feb-20
When I am logging behind my house and walk back, my beagle opens up when I am several hundred yards away in thick forest. A coyote can smell your scent around a set 8 hours after you made it. Every bush you brush against gives you away. That is why I only play the wind and doing so, get very close, unless the wind shifts. A feather falls from the sky and an eagle sees it, a deer hears it, and a bear smells it. If one feels they obtain an edge, I can’t fault that. Just not for me with what I have observed trapping and hunting, though I enjoy reading about other’s experiences.

13-Feb-20
"I'd be interested in seeing some coyote footage. I've never seen a coyote stand around when a human is close-at least not on public land"

Had a coyote walk out in front of me at about four feet, looking away from me, at my turkey decoy a couple years back. This was on National Forest Land, no blind, I was kneeling under a fallen pine. I could have actually reached out and swatted him, but I chose to remain still. He never did detect me, just eventally got bored, and walked away. No HECS involved.

Walked up behind a doe with her head down, munching on a bitterbrush, and slapped her tail. It was years ago, I think I was wearing Army Fatigues (but no boots, I was in my green wool socks) ;^)

Maybe, if you just BELIEVE in HECS...you send out Cosmic energy, that cancels out all the bad energy. It's like Santa Claus...magic can happen! :^)

13-Feb-20
You are lucky you did not get kicked when you slapped that ole doe on the rump!

13-Feb-20
"You are lucky you did not get kicked when you slapped that ole doe on the rump"!

Yeah, I was young, cocky, and stupid...she practically turned inside out when I did it, it was hilarious !

13-Feb-20
So your practice is to stay very scent free from cleaning and add ons to get deer close by, but you want to give credit to a suit that stops electromagnetic waves? Hope you got a really great deal on it.

14-Feb-20
Groundhunter, If you want to try out a HEC suit, go for it. At our age we owe no one. Let us know how it works for you. $140 is a lot less than what I paid for some of the effects pedals I bought, used once, and stored in a closet in my studio.

• Sitka Gear