BullBuster 02-Feb-20
LoWyo 02-Feb-20
tkjwonta 03-Feb-20
Bob H in NH 03-Feb-20
wyobullshooter 04-Feb-20
'Ike' 07-Feb-20
Treeline 07-Feb-20
26-Jan-20
For the Wyoming guys. I live in MT, but monitor WY a lot and it seems WY is getting clobbered this year. Quite cold and a lot of snow in places. Parts of WY were just getting recovered from past winters and I was wondering if they are getting hit again.

26-Jan-20
I have a cousin that lives out there, in the country. She has sent me pictures and there sure is plenty of snow and very cold temperatures. She absolutely loves it. She used to live close to me and she and her husband owned a huge farm. Her husband died and she sold everything and moved out there. I have another cousin in Montana and he is a cowboy and told me they have snow and cold weather. They got the cattle down out of the high country in time. He has sent me pictures of cougars right in his back yard. If I wasn't so damn old I would go visit them, in warmer weather.

26-Jan-20

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
This is a picture my cousin sent me that was taken January 10. She has pictures of elk, bear, moose, deer and spends a lot of time taking pictures of animals.

26-Jan-20
Been an awfully mild winter in MT so far. Hopefully not another February like last year.

26-Jan-20
My yard in buffalo is empty of snow. First winter here. Was up snow showing at 8200 feet and there was snow there.

Was 45 degrees today

26-Jan-20
What Hobbes said. This is the easiest winter I can remember in the last ten. I'm hopeful we sneak through with a reprieve from what we've had the last 3 years.

27-Jan-20
Same same for me. I'm in SE Wyoming. Very mild here. The only snow is in the mountains and piles in the shade. Winter came very early, cold and snowy in October but for the most part it's been a breeze since. Up to this point I'd say the wildlife are going to be in great shape.

27-Jan-20
The west side along with the east side of Idaho and down here into Northern Utah have been getting weekly snow and Great Powder Skiing!

These area's of these 3 states are all above average in the 115+% of snow levels.

I don't know which is better; Big snow winter = No Drought vs low snow winter = Bad drought.....

Good luck, Robb

27-Jan-20

Annony Mouse's embedded Photo
Annony Mouse's embedded Photo
First winter in WY...lots of snow and am loving it. Out every day on snow shoes or x-country skis. Big change from MI...a dry cold so much easier to deal with. Layer properly and very comfortable. Bonus: being at altitude, when the sun is out, it is like a heat lamp.

Lex...finally met Deborah.

27-Jan-20
^You're ahead of me leaving Michigan. Hopefully one day.....

27-Jan-20
Haven’t heard much from Colorado yet. All that snow we got in the spring turned into a fantastic summer.

27-Jan-20

Treeline's Link
Another bumper crop piling up here in Colorado-114% and still coming. Just hope not to see another one like last year any time soon. Killed a lot of deer and other critters last year.

28-Jan-20
There are areas that are going to get hit hard Central Wyoming and Central WY south. I have hunted winter Coyotes in the Dessert, Baggs area, Rawlins areas consisitently for over 15 years. The only year for worse snow conditions than this year was 2007/2008. There is still a lot of winter left, but I am extremely concerned about Ferris mountain, Green mountain, South to Colorado. The snow is extremely crusted, the drifts are big and the deer and antelope are pushed into extremely small areas. We are on the edge of another very bad winter in some areas...

Just north of here, Worland, Thermop, etc have had pretty mild conditions...

28-Jan-20
Seeing some antelope winterkill here along 287 where they migrate in area 38. Not tons but some, eagles have been feasting on them.

31-Jan-20
Baggs to Wamsutter area is getting hammered. First year ever we started plowing snow before thanksgiving. And still plowing... going to be rough on our wildlife. Everybody that runs their cows and sheep on the desert during the winter has hailed their livestock off months ago.

01-Feb-20
That pretty much matches what I've been hearing and it includes roads that people can't get down and a ranch that's unreachable with truck/car.

01-Feb-20

Outdoordan's embedded Photo
I like to look at the current data via snotel maps. Hope this helps. Looks like most places are close to average. Been really warm here in Western Idaho.

01-Feb-20

Here is Idaho for those that are interested. Here in Boise it's been very warm 45-55 degrees.

01-Feb-20
Some interesting comments and looking forward to watching it some more. My wife is lined up to hopefully draw unit 61 for pronghorn this year. Have to wait and see what the final winter numbers look like if winter-kill is an issue in our final decision to draw.

02-Feb-20
Talked to a friend in Alpine today. He said November and December were mild. It got colder in January but not as cold as the couple bad winters in the recent past. Snow too but he said not really much down in the feed grounds and other wintering areas.

02-Feb-20
Early spring will be the key to good survival.

02-Feb-20
Got warm and sunny down here the past couple days, really warm. Not sure about the winter ranges down south but up in NW WYOMING it was 40+ today and and they’re calling for it to drop to -6 tomorrow which means a thick frozen layer making sustainable forage tough to find on the winter range. Not good.

03-Feb-20
Thanks for all the updates from the locals, got 9 pts here and following closely. Don't have much care for score/record books, just want to look at a bunch of bucks and try to take the best one we can find.

03-Feb-20
Earlier said we had none. Now it's been snowing for 24 hours not done yet. Probably 8 to 10 and counting

04-Feb-20
Cheyenne had lots of snow/cold in Nov/early Dec. We then got 1-2” every few days until around the first of the year. It’s been pretty mild since then, until... Our high yesterday was 65. Our high today was 15. Supposed to get 5-8” through tomorrow evening, with snow every day this week, with the exception of Wednesday. Typical winter here...cold followed by mild, followed by cold.

07-Feb-20
Damn 'global warming'....

;-)

07-Feb-20
Wish global warming would hurry up and get here!

• Sitka Gear