swatmedic 27-Jan-20
Buffalo1 27-Jan-20
bghunter 27-Jan-20
Highlife 27-Jan-20
Buffalo1 27-Jan-20
Ambush 28-Jan-20
Trad PA 29-Jan-20
26-Jan-20
Anyone ever use or have input on a booking agent by the name of discount African safaris?

26-Jan-20
Be very careful. Many reputable African outfitters can do discounts with respectful negotiations. Sights like that give me the hebee Geebees. Wish you well in your search.

27-Jan-20
I've watched and Ken Moody had given discounts on over populated animals. He has good reviews. As others have stated go with a guy with proven results.

27-Jan-20
I would never use a booking agent. I always prefer dealing directly with the outfitter. Why not take a look at one of the proven reputable outfits that sponsor here on Bowsite?

27-Jan-20
BEWARE !!

27-Jan-20
Buffalo1 have you used them before?

27-Jan-20
" proven reputable Bowsite sponsors " Thanks for the laugh. Research them also as far as discounts seems the trophy fees on some animals are dropping and others are ridiculously high.

27-Jan-20
I have never used him and will never use him.

If you know me and trust my word- BEWARE

28-Jan-20

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
When I decided to go to Africa, I figured it would be a one time deal, so I did a TON of research on outfitters. I looked at "discount" packages, middle of the road and "pick your animal list" from dozens of safari providers. In the end it is your TOTAL cost that counts. Some had cheap daily rates, some had cheaper species prices, some had this animal cheap but another on the want list, very expensive. Pick eight animals you'd like to shoot. Add those up, plus the daily rate, plus any "fees" that may not be included in the package. Don't forget dip and pack plus shipping home.

I discovered that, what I would consider the Top Three outfits, were very little more than the middle of the road guys. And the bottom tier were not even worth considering, unless you just want to shoot some cull animals and say you've been to RSA.

I asked each outfit to give me a fairly good approximate TOTAL cost for a hunt with my list of animals. All in, fees, taxes, dip and pack and shipping , everything but tips. I made it clear the price wouldn't scare me, I just don't like surprises. One outfit obliged me on the request and actually came within a few hundred dollars of my total real cost.

It's a special place and I have no regrets about going (ok one, I didn't get a bushbuck) and would recommend it to anybody. No experience like it in NA.

29-Jan-20
I’ve communicated with them and he was responsive but reluctant to give me the outfitters name I’d be going with for the hunt I was interested in. He finally did after a couple emails and I contacted the outfitter several times directly to clarify some accommodations and my hunt but never received a single response from the outfitter which I thought was strange. I then sent some dates to the agent I was speaking with through the discount website and he said the lodge could accommodate my dates and to send him a check or MO as a deposit. I thought about it for a few days and ultimately decided I wasn’t comfortable with the transaction, not that the agent did anything wrong necessarily. I think my next effort will be directly with the outfitter and a deposit made that affords me at least a little more assurance than a check or MO.

• Sitka Gear