NorCalVineyards 27-Jan-20
KSMike 27-Jan-20
LKH 27-Jan-20
Treeline 27-Jan-20
27-Jan-20
I've narrowed it down to two units. Both have public private access issues, but both have enough to have a good hunt. I'm gonna bow hunt it and not go back with a gun ( cant get that kind of time off). I want be away from people or at least have the ability and in good elk populations. So i'm down to unit 7 or 54. Burning good points to get here and not likely coming back so I wanna make it count. I would love to hear from folks that have hunted in these units and what their experience was.

27-Jan-20
I assume you talking about WY. I hunted 7 in 2018 and had awesome hunt. Used outfitter and hunted private.

27-Jan-20
Wyoming yes, sorry got a little to assumptive in my own head. I know the private is good. Is there private land options to access?

27-Jan-20
Very limited. I guided sw of Douglas 3 years on private. We had a lot of public blocked and even if you could get in it was tough to get around. Couldn't even use horses in much of it and it wasn't unusual to start up a small canyon and find you had to turn around. There were small pieces of public that had critters on them from time to time but nothing you would want to plan a trip on.

Personally I think you are placing too much pressure on doing it this year. Seems like you are a long way from making a well researched decision.

27-Jan-20
Give me a shout. Might be a few other options with discussing.

27-Jan-20
I'm not feeing the "BERN" personally, it's an elk hunt, not a marriage. I've got the opportunity to point average up and an opportunist. I've got a lot of time to put together a great hunt plan with a buddy and either 54 of 7 can provide that, that I know, even with all the blocked access as you mention. Thanks for your time.

27-Jan-20
Tavis, I'll give you a buzz in the am

• Sitka Gear