EmbryOklahoma 31-Jan-20
Ambush 31-Jan-20
Grunt-N-Gobble 31-Jan-20
weekender21 01-Feb-20
Bowbender 01-Feb-20
TD 01-Feb-20
Scooby-doo 01-Feb-20
30-Jan-20
Have you ever noticed.. There is always that guy . He is the one who hunts hard. He comes in tired and sits by the stove if he isn't cooking and tells about all the good stuff he saw even on a bad day. I hunt with him. It is amazing that when we try to be that guy dinner is better the camp warmer and tomorrow looks better. I hope you hunt with "that guy" too. Bob

30-Jan-20
I've hunted with the "other guy" before....

30-Jan-20
LOL!

30-Jan-20
Great post green mountain. I've hunted and fished with "that guy", he's the best.

30-Jan-20
That’s all I hunt with.

Weeded the others out long ago.

30-Jan-20
Great to be around guys like that. He’s usually the same guy who helps you drag your 170 out of the woods and is genuinely more excited and happier than you.

Great post. It will be in my top 10 of 2020.

30-Jan-20
That guy is my elk hunting partner and he does his share of cooking, wood splitting, and motivational speaking.

30-Jan-20
Yes! And I strive to be “that guy” as well

30-Jan-20
^^ What Mike said!

30-Jan-20
Thank you Bob! I either hunt with "that guy" or alone. I also try to be that guy. And you are correct. It sure makes trips go a lot better.

30-Jan-20

31-Jan-20
In my camp I’m usually “the only” guy. Therefore I can choose from day to day whether I’m going to be “that guy”or the “other guy”. Either way they usually end up arguing with each other about something and I never can quite tell who wins. ;-)

31-Jan-20
Same on Bowsite

31-Jan-20
I've spent the last few elk seasons with a camp full of "those guys". Always positive, always happy, always joking, always making a plan for tomorrow no matter how shitty the hunting was today. There's no sleeping in because everyone is fired up for tomorrow.

31-Jan-20
I try to be "that guy". Encourage my son to be "that guy" as well.

31-Jan-20
At the hunt camp, at the office, in life.....be that guy!

31-Jan-20
This is the way

31-Jan-20
I have had the pleasure of hunting with that guy for 30+ years. Always upbeat, always working around camp, and always encouraging me. I can get frustrated if things ain't going well but he always has a way of reeling me back in. He missed our elk hunt last year due to an injury and my dumbass went solo. But, I carried my Inreach so he could follow along with me each day. And he did. He followed every hunt. If you have a friend like this, cherish them. You will probably only have one in your lifetime. Great thread Greenmountain.

31-Jan-20
It takes a few bad ones to get rid of before you appreciate the good ones.

31-Jan-20
I had the pleasure of meeting 2 "that guys" last elk season. They were 20-something first-time bow hunters from Miami. Both were of Cuban ethnicity. They had just completed a 6 month gun-smithing course in Denver, and they decided to hunt the entire archery season before going home. I was solo for most of the month, because my regular hunting buddy was busy with business commitments.

Soon after we met, my "Cuban sons" moved their camp next to mine. Their youthful enthusiasm, and desire to learn about bowhunting from an old fart like me, was truly inspiring. There were tears shed when we said our goodbyes at the end of the season.

I may never hunt with those boys, again, but they made a lasting impression on me. And I hope I did the same.

Funcle Matt

31-Jan-20
I have has the pleasure of hunting with several "that guy"s ..... some are Bowsiters.

Owl, Panhandle Bob, Matt, Tradtech, Dooner, Pat Lefemine, Highlife, Woodmoose, Deerdreamer, to name a few.

AS for non Bowsiters, my son Nick, a fella I grew up with named Danny Rusgrove, and a few others fill the bill.

31-Jan-20
I used to be "that guy ", but have gotten old and cant do my share of hanging stands and hunting in the rain and cold.

31-Jan-20
I run an offshore fishing boat all summer (not charter) it's my boat my son myself & we always try to get a few others to help with the expense fuel,bait,ice and split the fish & (that guy) is far & few between

31-Jan-20
Timex, that sounds great! I'd love to be "that guy" on a deal like that.

31-Jan-20
"That guy" is usually totally unaware that he is "that guy" because that's how he is all the time.

Just like "the other guy" usually thinks he is "that guy" but can't figure out why he doesn't get invited back.

31-Jan-20
I've hunted with both. The other guy never lasts too long. That guy...Dave D! Used to come on Bowsite a lot and we used to hunt a lot together until family and other commitments really cut into his time. Really miss hunting with him, great all around guy!

31-Jan-20
They are who we thought they were! I don't know if I'm "that guy" or not but I sure know I've been "That F'in guy!" before! :-) Lucky enough to hunt with a lot of guys I consider to be "that guy". They are some of my best friends. Hope to be able to hunt with and meet a few more of them as well.

31-Jan-20
Fuzzy Sent you a pm

31-Jan-20
That Guy tries to do the right thing not because it's the "right thing", but because that's his nature. He "pays it forward" without knowing what that means. People gravitate to him naturally because they want to hang out with him. Women like him even though he may not be the most handsome guy in the room. And for some strange reason, he always seems blessed with "good luck" in whatever he does.

31-Jan-20
Don't forget "that gal". My hunts are much more enjoyable with my wife---along with the other guys. Plus she has excellent hearing!

31-Jan-20
I once had the "other guy" on a deer lease of mine. Now, he thinks he's "that guy". If he wasn't a lying, and talk S behind your back guy, he had the chance to be "that guy". But that chance is gone like a fart in a hurricane. :)

31-Jan-20
I read somewhere a long time ago that if you ever needed to really know someone, go on a hunting (or fishing) trip with him where nothing went right. By the time it’s over, you’ll know whether you ever want to go with him again.

31-Jan-20
There is always “that guy” who sees 160” -170” bucks, passes on 140 - 150s and shoots a 114.

31-Jan-20
Dutch...X2 on the wife. I only hunt with 1 or 2 other guys or the wife or solo. My circle is real small by choice. I've been on larger guided hunts with a larger group and seen a couple of the "other guys" in action. We all know different folks from different places with different styles of hunting do things differently thru our eyes.....and that's cool. Where I seen the rub is when the other guy(s) don't realize the above and let others know everyone else is doing "it" wrong. The other problem "other guy(s)" is the one who doesn't know when to stop drinking in camp.

31-Jan-20
Dutch and JL... "that gal" is where I'm at too. Circle small, problems smaller.

31-Jan-20
Just be yourself, be authentic, and you will have enough friends. They will accept that you have off days just like everyone else and won't condemn you for it.

31-Jan-20
I'm the guy that facilitates That Guy. I let him get up first and put coffee on. I throw extra wood on the fire so he can get more instead of hunting. I hang my wet stuff by the stove so he can valiantly put his wet stuff on without a complaint. I dirty extra dishes, so he can wash more. Heck, I will even slip his bigger boots on and go for an hour long crap so he can be held up and still smile about it. It ain't easy hanging over a rough cold log for a full hour!! I'll eat his favourite snacks (he brings all the snacks) till I'm sick, just so he can be gracious and say "that's alright friend".

Actually, I'm getting pretty fed up with that smug bugger and may not have him back!!

31-Jan-20
I have a good friend and hunting partner who is That Guy. And i would like to think that Im That Guy too. Especially when on an out of state hunt. We both hunt the hardest, the longest and dont let obstacles get us down.

I'm starting to weed those Other Guys out. They too are good fellas, its just they dont have the daily drive to give it 100% every day and oftentimes check-out while there are still days left to hunt.

01-Feb-20
I really hope I'm "that guy" and I will definitely ONLY hunt with that guy.

01-Feb-20

01-Feb-20
huh.... been called "that guy" many times..... but likely not quite in "that" way..... =D

01-Feb-20
I used to be "that guy" but the more I hunted with friends and family I learned I much prefer hunting myself. Small game I can be that guy and on the occassion I get in on some "party" hunting I am still that guy. I just don't care for it as much now as I have gotten older! Shawn

• Sitka Gear