Kurt 07-Feb-20
Rgiesey 07-Feb-20
Kurt 07-Feb-20
Rgiesey 09-Feb-20
Rgiesey 09-Feb-20
02-Feb-20

Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Saw this picture on Cathy Pittsley’s Facebook. Got her to send it to me. Ron and youngest son Logan, proud dad and my best friend. Good photo. I was thinking of posting something in memory of Ron. Two years ago while getting ready to go watch the Super Bowl I got the news from Ron’s son Trevor that Ron was in a coma. Then he was gone from this earth. Lots of fond memories remain and I was planning on telling some shooting or hunting stories on here. I won’t forget and still want to relive and share those tales. While contemplating my buddy Kurt sent me an email titled neat old photos. Instead of old photos there were just some hunting pictures of Kurt, Lyle willmarth(track man), and Ray Alt, Kurt’s hunting buddies,of which I am also one. One of the pictures was Ray with a 186 ram from Colorado. He was using an older bear Kodiak which was the same bow and arrows that he had killed an Ishi award winning ram in the unlimited unit in Montana. Cool photo! Went with Kurt to Ray’s memorial in Livingston,Mt last year. Sad loss of a good buddy to cancer. I miss my buddy Ron almost everyday and today his loss is front and center. Nothing wrong with rehashing some emotion and other than sadness I appreciate the memories. If you didn’t know Ron or Ray you missed out. Nothing makes me happier than telling a Pitts story, he was bigger than life.

02-Feb-20
Sad indeed. Had the privilege of meeting him once, and had several phone conversations as well. I have four of his bows that I will never sell. R.I.P. Ron.

02-Feb-20
RIP Ron. I've enjoyed the stories about him Randy has shared with me. Sorry for your loss buddy. Ron

02-Feb-20
Thanks for your post. You are a good friend.

07-Feb-20
Randy I missed your post last weekend. Both Ron Pittsley and Ray Alt were great guys, excellent hunters and friends of ours. And I was fortunate to share camps with both men...many with Ray.

07-Feb-20
Kurt I remember a pretty good national blacktail hunt team Pitts got the biggest of us. I didn’t get to hunt with Ray but my friends Barry Smith, Gary Renfro,Troy Cunningham , and of course Kurt thought the world of him.

07-Feb-20
Pitts got a few big CO whitetails and a moose and caribou in Alaska on hunts we were on. Forget if he got an antelope in CO in '88?

09-Feb-20
Horned doe which he mounted. Met some guys on the Illinois Indiana borderthat invited him to hunt their place. Got along great till he killed their big buck.

09-Feb-20
Horned doe which he mounted. Met some guys on the Illinois Indiana borderthat invited him to hunt their place. Got along great till he killed their big buck.

• Sitka Gear